News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How did you become a fan?

Started by POM, Fri, 2005-02-11, 09:44:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky007

Quote from: Oliver Twist on Fri, 2008-05-02, 04:32:05
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, ....

Welcome back, Ian  :)

I could see that your visits to the Room are sporadic. Maybe now you'd like to come a bit more often.

Nice to have another guy my age (I'm 53). You and I may not quite have experienced the splendid dawn of Beatles, but you probably, just like I, relished the first spacy sounds of Floyd and the first great riffs and insane singing of Jimmy and Percy.

I enjoyed the story of you and Arena very much.

Mine is a lot duller:  One of my good friends told me that I should listen to Arena cause they're great, and he was sooo right: They are great  *horns*

But just like Paco, I can't either follow your dissatisfaction with Rob. I like his singing a lot, I find him very expressive, and for me, he's an essential part of Arena.

Btw I was born in B'ham, but I only lived there for five years. But I cant escape from my limeyism, especially not because the rock scene in Copenhagen is so lousy. Man, people here are totally gone with Madonna's new product  ;D  &  :'(

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Oliver Twist

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2008-05-02, 11:57:42
Welcome back, Ian  :)

Nice to have another guy my age (I'm 53). You and I may not quite have experienced the splendid dawn of Beatles, but you probably, just like I, relished the first spacy sounds of Floyd and the first great riffs and insane singing of Jimmy and Percy.

Thank you!

Never been too keen on the Beatles - I find them VERY overrated

Thinking back - the first single I had was Jethro Tull - Life's A Long Song. My sister bought it for my birthday. Then my (now) brother in law gave me Disraeli Gears and Led Zeppelin II. Opened my ears there!!

Goodnight!

Ian
web.mac.com/ianmoff  - iChat/AIM: ianmoff
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do your ears a favour - www.radioparadise.com

Nicky007

Quote from: Oliver Twist on Tue, 2008-05-13, 03:17:27
Goodnight!

Yeah, you were up pretty late, Ian.

True, Cream were great in those days. Eric did some awesome stuff; that unfortunately changed soon after Cream broke up. Fortunately Jack and Ginger kept breaking ground.

I noticed on your homepage that you recommend Dream Theater and King Crimson, two of my fave groups too.

You also write that you're averse to religious drivel. I agree with you in general, but we might mean bit different things by "drivel". Isnt there any of the religious stuff in the Room that you can connect to ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me