News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Shadow Gallery

Started by Rafal, Thu, 2005-06-09, 16:57:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Teunis

This is what I just read on DPRP.net:

Also, on the Shadow Gallery forum, Gary Wehrkamp said this:
"all questions to be answered in time... soon another trailer in less than a week.. We hope to have a new one every week - then also longer audio clips up inside of two weeks. Thanks for the interest everyone.. I can tell you we are very excited about sharing this disc with you. There is also a special edition disc with 4 extra songs, including some with mike singing..."

I want the special edition!!  *horns* 8)
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Iggy

Teunis

According to SG's MySpace blog: NEXT Digital Ghosts Video Clip coming Friday Sept 17.  8)

Deenfan

... ... what to say... it'll be interesting, and it's starting to look good.

Bupie

http://forum.yourmajesty.net/viewtopic.php?t=1539&start=150

I would lie telling that I find the cover astonishing but it's not so bad either. Really dark, though.

Deenfan

Pretty darn cool, if you ask me.

maddox

I was a bit surprised to find that the Logo of Shadow Gallery, you know the font type, has been changed.
I asked Gary W. about it and he replied: New album, new line up, new logo.

Clear enough.  :D

maddox

New Trailer/teaser online!

With band photo by the way. :wink:

A cookie to anyone who knows who the fifth band member is.  ???

maddox

Okay, time for some more news:

Quote from: Shadow Gallery ForumSHADOW GALLERY: new album "Digital Ghosts" to be released October 26th (Europe) and November 3rd (North America) via InsideOutMusic; launch cover artwork!

SHADOW GALLERY, widely considered a major and innovative force within the realms of progressive rock and metal, have returned with their 6th studio effort "Digital Ghosts". Following up 2005's "Room V" as well as the "Prime Cuts" compilation release of material from previous albums in 2007, "Digital Ghosts" will be released on October 26th, 2009 in Europe and November 3rd, 2009 in North America via InsideOutMusic.

After the tragic passing of lead singer Mike Baker in October 2008, "Digital Ghosts" introduces new lead singer Brian Ashland and not only sees the entire band once again sharing additional vocal duties but also features guest vocal appearances by Ralf Scheepers (Primal Fear) and Clay Barton (Suspyre) to compliment the release. With "Digital Ghosts", Shadow GallerY's members Brendt Allman, Carl Cadden-James, Gary Wehrkamp, new addition Brian Ashland and returning drummer Joe Nevolo (who appears on two songs of the record) have focused their powerful energies on creating a seamless blend of progressive, metal, and symphonic rock as a transcendent work of musical art that advances the boundaries of these genres into new directions.

Guitarist / Keyboardist Gary Wehrkamp comments on "Digital Ghosts" as follows:

"As a band, we are thrilled to have new music to share with everyone. This album is a dedication to our wonderful fans, and also to the memory of our singer and friend Mike Baker.

We had to deal with a few tragic events during the course of this recording, but pressing on we approached the production the way we always do: Trying to provide our very best. We had a terrific time making this record and hope all the emotion and love we put into it endures, transcends and touches every one who is ready for it.

You can expect some shades of a new direction on this record. We had long been trying to incorporate more prog elements and the time was right to stretch out a little bit, while remaining true to the heavy and powerful rock based songs that have been a staple of SHADOW GALLERY since the earliest days".

The track-listing for the album reads as follows:

SHADOW GALLERY – "Digital Ghosts":

1. With Honor

2. Venom

3. Pain

4. Gold Dust

5. Strong

6. Digital Ghost

7. Haunted

Two small first video teasers for "Digital Ghosts" can be viewed on the band's youtube channel:

www.youtube.com/shadowgallerymusic

More details as well as music samples for "Digital Ghosts" will be available in the coming weeks.

In the meantime, please visit:

www.shadowgallery.com

www.myspace.com/officialshadowgallery

www.youtube.com/shadowgallerymusic

And:

www.insideout.de

So, a new singer. Never heard of this fellow. He must be quite good i'd say, to even begin to fill the void Mike left behind.
I'm also surprised that Joe Nevolo will only play drums on two tracks. I thought he was a full member of SG. Apparently not.

Be that as it may, i'm still eagerly waiting for this release!!!

Teunis

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2009-09-18, 23:46:56
So, a new singer. Never heard of this fellow. He must be quite good i'd say, to even begin to fill the void Mike left behind.
Don't know him. Googled a bit and found a MySpace profile of a band with a Brian Ashland, but he only does backing vocals. And no music added to this profile, doesn't help either  ;). Here's the link: http://www.myspace.com/avedisband

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2009-09-18, 23:46:56
Be that as it may, i'm still eagerly waiting for this release!!!
+1  *horns*

Deenfan

Ashland, eh?

Well, I hate him. Haven't heard of him, haven't heard a note of his singing, and yes, I am a very stubborn, unreasonable little man right now.

I need a toilet.

Bloody hell.

Teunis

Quote from: Deenfan on Tue, 2009-09-22, 01:13:38
Ashland, eh?

Well, I hate him. Haven't heard of him, haven't heard a note of his singing, and yes, I am a very stubborn, unreasonable little man right now.

I need a toilet.

Bloody hell.
Have you been hacked? ??? ::) ;)

Another SG blog: NEW Digital Ghosts Video and Audio Clips coming Friday Sept 25. Stay tuned on http://www.shadowgallery.com

maddox

Quote from: Deenfan on Tue, 2009-09-22, 01:13:38
Ashland, eh?

I need a toilet.

Bloody hell.

In the past years i've begin to know you a bit so for me it's safe to say that you're joking.  ;)

Right?  :-\

Deenfan

Well, I am being satirical about my own feelings. Definitely. But take away all the correction performed by reason, social training and wisdom, and you're left with an instinctive disliking towards anyone who materializes as the one supposed to replace Mike Baker.

Now, a measure of wisdom and reason is still present, so it'll be alright. The problem isn't that he's replaced, but that he's irretrievably gone, and I do of course realize that.

It'll also be easier to hear new material with this guy singing, than it'd be to hear any mortal trying to do "Don't ever cry, just remember". I hope that is something I will never have to witness.

Teunis

You can now hear the full track 'Gold Dust' on SG's MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/officialshadowgallery

Two more weeks till the (European) release *horns*

Deenfan

Oooooohhhhh........ I never do stuff like this...... but since it's them, since it's you, and since I've already ordered it, and since it's not gonna be like before, ever again anyway... I will click on the link and listen to the song :-\

maddox

Quote from: Deenfan on Sun, 2009-10-11, 19:18:54
Oooooohhhhh........ I never do stuff like this...... but since it's them, since it's you, and since I've already ordered it, and since it's not gonna be like before, ever again anyway... I will click on the link and listen to the song :-\

And?  ;)

I personally like it.
As i already said elsewhere, Brain Ashland is a combination of Mike and Geoff Tate but don't really know if that's a good thing.
It seems to me that they are playing safe.  :-\

Didn't expected that.

He does has a good voice though and i like the song. It reminds me of early Shadow Gallery.

Deenfan

Well, it starts out unnecessarily hard and fast. I hope it is a cool diversion, and that they aren't turning all DT on me. Else, the singer... Doesn't sound bad. In fact, he sounds like he's gonna take a while to get my head around. This is potentially very good. Could mean he's got the X factor.

Let's see. I'm a bit under the weather from this emotional hardship.

But yes, I can tell it's SG, and I also felt a shadow of the past roaming the gallery. And that is good, 'cause as with a few other bands I can mention, the strongest magic is in the first two albums...

Nicky007

Quote from: Deenfan on Sun, 2009-10-11, 19:27:04
... they aren't turning all DT on me ...

Quote from: Deenfan on Sun, 2009-10-11, 19:27:04
... 'cause as with a few other bands I can mention, the strongest magic is in the first two albums ...

::) >:( :P

You'r so mean, Deenie - such a Mean-Deenie  ;D

But yer English is first-rate  *horns*

Now that's what makes a real black magician: intelligence combined with meanness !!!

:P

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

The Butterfly Man

Have you guys already checked out Shadow Gallery's cool new website? 8)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Teunis

8) indeed. I'm not sure yes about this part:
Thanks to InsideOut and french webzine Heavylaw, the new album "Digital Ghosts" will have an exclusive listening session on www.heavylaw.com. It will take place on Wednesday 21 October, for only 24 hours!
It's free for everyone, you just have to go at www.heavylaw.com and push play button on the player.

Already pre-ordered the album, should I listen or should I wait till I hold the cd in my hands  ??? ;).

Deenfan

@Nicky:  :-[ ;D...... 8).... ::)... :P

maddox

Nicky007

Yup  *horns*

Lookin forward to the album  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me