News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Mick's Script

Started by creme anglais, Mon, 2006-11-27, 09:38:00

Previous topic - Next topic

creme anglais

oh hear this, oh hear this...............

(well just read it on the Silhobbit website and thought it was fair to share!!)

Mick Pointer & Friends
So here I am once more...

"Saturday 27th January 2007 see's one of the most eagerly awaited events in known prog-history. Mick Pointer (Arena and ex-Marillion) has gathered a bunch of the best prog musicians around and will head off to the ever popular, yet up'n'coming venue, Riff's Bar in Hook, just outside Swindon, for an astounding one-off gig.

The band, with Mick on drums, Nick Barrett (Pendragon) on guitar, Ian Salmon (Arena) on bass, Mike Varty (Credo & Landmarq) on keys and John Dexter Jones (Jump) on vocals, will be performing the WHOLE of Marillion's epic debut album Script For A Jesters Tear in its entirety! And no matter how many calls there are for Grendel, that beast shall not rear it's lovely head.

Tickets will be available from the Riffs Bar website for £12 in the next few days and are sure to sell quicker than hot cakes at a hot cakes stall. A top notch support act will be announced in the next few days
"

:o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o :o
I believe the riffs website is www.riffsbar.biz

C-A x

PH

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... I bet they won't do Holland... :'(

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2006-11-27, 11:04:50
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... I bet they won't do Holland... :'(

It says 'one-off gig' so probably not!  ;D ;D ;D
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Peter

Errr, someone needs to record this on video!
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

maddox

Quote from: Peter on Mon, 2006-11-27, 11:51:48
Errr, someone needs to record this on video!

Or ask Mick to record it on DVD. That would be awesome.  *horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Peter

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2006-11-27, 13:42:42
Or ask Mick to record it on DVD. That would be awesome.  *horns*

Whatever media I (almost) don't care, I just want to be able to purchase a copy of it afterwards. A paid download of a movie file would be just as okay. DVD is clearly the best alternative :D

Appelmoes??

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Mon, 2006-11-27, 11:45:43
It says 'one-off gig' so probably not!  ;D ;D ;D
They could do a 'one-off gig' for every country :P
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Mon, 2006-11-27, 16:35:15
They could do a 'one-off gig' for every country :P

That means: time.

So that would also mean that they have to postpone the new Arena Album.  ;)

You brought up a good idea though.  *horns* Doubt that it will ever happen, but still...a good idea.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

JJ II

I really think they ought to do at least a couple of shows.... besides the UK. Holland, Germany, France... to say the least....

Come Mick, we continentals love to see that as well!

PH

Quote from: JJ II on Wed, 2006-12-06, 14:01:39
I really think they ought to do at least a couple of shows.... besides the UK. Holland, Germany, France... to say the least....

Come Mick, we continentals love to see that as well!

Indeed. And on a sidenote:
There's not really much projects with Mick's involvement eh?

John M and Clive have various projects. Ian Salmon is many times credited as bassplayer on loads of projects too.
John J, LOL. Same here!
Rob Sowden has his side-project, but unfortunately there's not much happening there it seems.
And Mick has only Arena. Or what?

creme anglais

Hi all.......

So with just one week to go, who is making the pilgramidge to Swindon to hear the "Script"???

I must admit I am reall ylooking forward to it, and according to the Riff's mail out this week the tickets are almost sold out, so I think it's going to be a hot one!!! (anyone there for The Pendies know what I mean!!!)

See ya's there then! .........

Peter

Please, someone film it on video....!

creme anglais

I have heard that video camera's are off limits for the gig....... but we'll tell you all about it!!!

:)

Mick

Ooooh you are very naughty people!

I appreciate that a lot of you can't make it to the gig, and as some of you have pointed out there are not many tickets left.

But please don't encourage anyone to film or record the gig as EMI own the materiel I don't want to be spending time dealing with the lawyers.

Those of you that are coming lets make it a great night, and you never know all of you at some future date will get a chance to see it!

Thanks

Mick Pointer

creme anglais

Peter........... like I said......will post ALL about it afterwards!!!!.........

(feeling smug cos I will be there!!!) :)

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Mick on Fri, 2007-01-19, 18:38:04
Ooooh you are very naughty people!

I appreciate that a lot of you can't make it to the gig, and as some of you have pointed out there are not many tickets left.

But please don't encourage anyone to film or record the gig as EMI own the materiel I don't want to be spending time dealing with the lawyers.

Those of you that are coming lets make it a great night, and you never know all of you at some future date will get a chance to see it!

Thanks

Mick Pointer

Are you hinting about a possible DVD-release Mick?  :o
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Fri, 2007-01-19, 19:20:59
Are you hinting about a possible DVD-release Mick?  :o

obviously not, I think...

*gnarf*

I wish y'all a great time, anyway :)

creme anglais

SCRIPTALICIOUS

NOT LONG TO GO NOW!!! REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!!

SEE YA'S @ RIFF'S!!!!

HelenDo

Have a fab time and let us know all about it  ;D

Hoping that there might be a repeat performance before too long  ;)

Helen xx

creme anglais

SCRIPTALICIOUSSCRIPTALICIOUSSCRIPTALICIOUSSCRIPTALICIOUSSCRIPTALICIOUSSCRIPTALICIOUSSCRIPTALICIOUSSCRIPTALICIOUS

FLIPPIN INCREDIBLE!!!!;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D

Wow was that fun or was that fun???

*ola* Mick, Nick, Mike, Ian & John played an absoloute blinder, it was incredible! For those of you who know Riff's bar it was totally filled to the max with a crowd filled with excitment, enthusiasm and tonnes of sheer energy! We all sang along to the whole of Script and Market Square Heroes and did a whole heap of jumping up and down! Mick played a blinder, right on the button, really great stuff,backed up of course by Ian on bass. Nick's guitar work was superb, as was the sound of Mike keys......really great stuff........and John? well he was great, 100% on performance 100% on atmosphere........

do it again Mick..........PLEASE!!!!!

Thanks for a great night, and bah-hoo-sucks to the doubters who stayed home to watch telly!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

JJ II

Quoteand John? well he was great, 100% on performance 100% on atmosphere........

And how was he vocally?  ;D

creme anglais

Really good! He sounded GREAT! It was like wiping away 25 years and being a teen again...... he was great, the whole thing was SPECTACULAR!!!

Peter

gawd, how I envy you .... !

creme anglais

Quote from: Peter on Sun, 2007-01-28, 20:05:01
gawd, how I envy you .... !

:P

Maybe, if we all give Mick enough nagging they might do it again???

PWEEEZE MICK...............PWETTY PWEEEZE!!! ;D ;D ;D

HelenDo

Oh yes please please do it again. I was gutted that I couldn't make Saturday!!!!!!

Helen xx