News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Caamora news?

Started by bluepony, Thu, 2007-09-20, 13:41:24

Previous topic - Next topic

bluepony

I think I read somewhere on this forum that Clive's Caamora project would be 'seeing the light of day' end of the summer 2007. Apart from the fact that we hardly had anything worth being called 'summer' this year, it will soon be over anyway... and as I know that there are a few 'insiders' on this forum, I thought I'd just ask...

So - does anyone have some more information on Caamora? Like for example what will 'She' sound like - is it a rock opera? Or can we expect the first ever Clive Nolan musical? (Hey, why not, Andrew Lloyd Webber is doing it all the time!) Is there any gossip as to which other artists will be involved in the 'She' album? (Names! Can we get names? I heard Bob Catley was supposed to sing on it. Just a rumour though...)

Teunis

A lot of answers can be found on their website:

http://caamora.net/

And yes, it's indeed a musical, based on the classic novel of the same name by Victorian adventure writer H. Rider Haggard.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Crownie

And from what I have heard so far it should be pretty amazing.  I've seen Clive and Agnieszka twice, playing for the Classic Rock Society and I've tickets for a third gig on 13th October at the Boardwalk in Sheffield.

Hilary

maddox

Hmm, release date set for January 2008. A good way to start a new year.  *horns*

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Clive

ok.....

I cant think of  better description than Rock Opera.... I feel that this title is rather over used by some artists which is why I hesitated to use it.
Naturally the schedules are now running a little later, and the deadlines seem impossible, but we are still intending to perform this show on 31st October. Every day we get closer it sounds more exciting.... scenery... projections... choir.... extra musicians.... costume (yes prog fans... costumes!)....
I'm still a little nevous that I'm one of the four main singers.characters in 'She'... I thought it would save me learning all the keyboard parts,..;)
but now I have new problems...learning all those lyrics... wearing a funny costume... and even some basic acting!.... Oh for the safety of the keyboards....

There will be more updates on the web site very soon, announcing the CD and live line up. No Bob Catley is not involved... sadly he didnt have the time.

I believe the release date for both the double CD and thee DVD will be 21st January.
If you want to come to the show in Katowice, dont hang around, the tickts are selling fast, I've been told. Again, we will post some information about nearby hotles etc.

Also... I'm afraid to say that due to this rather crazy schedule of recording (I have barely been outside in three months... except for the odd gig), we wont be playing the Sheffield gig.... sorry about that!

Crownie

Sorry to hear you won't be in Sheffield, Clive.  Not good news for the CRS.  Hope to catch you in the not too distant future.  In the meantime, I hope all goes well on 31st October.

Peter

Great to hear everything's advancing well :)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Clive

I would really love to see some friendly faces at this concert. I know its in Poland, but there are planes, trains and buses....

If you go to the Caamora website (www.caamora.net), you can find out much more about the concert... travel... hotels... tickets etc.
http://caamora.net/she-concert.htm

This event is something I've been building towards for about 25 years, so it might be worth checking out...;)

If anyone from this forum does decide to come, please let me know.

Nicky007

Stilskin have recently put out an album called She. Is there any relation between this and Caamora's She?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

erik

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2007-09-26, 17:00:41
Stilskin have recently put out an album called She. Is there any relation between this and Caamora's She?

Has to be a coincidence. Clive has been thinking about this idea for 25 years and the title and story originate in the novel She bij H. Rider Haggard. The origins of the Stiltskin album also go back a long time (http://www.genesis-fanclub.de/raywilson/kritiken/stiltskin_she_emergence.htm) but date later and I don't see any references to the novel.
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

PH

There's no relation.

But the She of Stiltskin is a nice album. Check it out Nicky, I'm sure you'll like it!

-Paco

bluepony

Ooooh, rock opera... costumes... Clive will be one of the main characters... anybody going to that gig in Poland?!

JJ II

Since it's on a weekday (wednesday) and it would take an 18 hour drive or a 600 euro flight from Amsterdam, I think I'm not gonna make it. Too bad.  :'(

bellanova

I would love to go but it would just cost too much and i dont have anyone to go with. Im very independent but at least i can get by with French and German.....not Polish though

erik

Quote from: JJ II on Mon, 2007-10-01, 09:52:20
Since it's on a weekday (wednesday) and it would take an 18 hour drive or a 600 euro flight from Amsterdam, I think I'm not gonna make it. Too bad.  :'(
Yep, same for me... :-[
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

maddox

Quote from: JJ II on Mon, 2007-10-01, 09:52:20

Seconded.  :(

Clive

sounds to me, what you need is a minibus... and organiser....some team spirit... and a sense of adventure.....;)

bluepony

Quote from: bellanova on Mon, 2007-10-01, 13:13:49
I would love to go but it would just cost too much and i dont have anyone to go with.

I'll go with you!!  :)
My Polish isn't very good, either, but I think many people there speak English...

maddox

Quote from: Clive on Mon, 2007-10-01, 23:59:46
sounds to me, what you need is a minibus... and organiser....some team spirit... and a sense of adventure.....;)

And a bigger wallet.  :D  ;)

johninblack

Lake of despond

I wanted desperately to catch this show in Poland but unfortunately due to financial and vacation problems I simply can't make it... :'( >:(

bluepony

So... anybody else going? Nicky?! You could pick up Tom along the way, you know...  ;)

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Mon, 2007-10-08, 13:21:44
So... anybody else goign? Nicky?! You could pick up Tom along the way, you know...  ;)

I like your "along the way", Bluey, just like with Ms 007: When she drives into a new town, she completely loses her sense of direction, east becomes west, and north becomes south. Women! They think of s* all the time (that was sewing and stitching, just to make sure you got it right).

Anyway, Bluey, I can see that your digs lie on a straight line between Marshland and Poland, and I don't know whether the Polish loony bins could get Tom up on his feet again.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2007-10-08, 13:56:58
I like your "along the way", Bluey

:P

I usually don't have problems with directions or finding my way (unless in a certain city in Belgium with loads of one way streets and crap road signs - but that's a completely different story!). And unlike a man, if I am not sure where to go, I ask for the right way! ;)

Ah well... I just thought you might want to support the music you like...

Nicky007

Actually, Bluey, I don't even yet know whether I like Caamora. I mean, I'll sure get the album when it comes out, because it's Clive Special, but I'll let myself be surprised by it.

But I don't need to get the last of my few øres stolen in Polen. I'v heard that they're so nimble that they can take the panties off women without the women noticing it.

In Denmark we also joke that when you enter Poland you're met with a sign saying "Welcome to Poland! Your car's already here!"

In fact, I'm already worrying that they'l steal Caamora from Clive.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can