News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

ARENA in Augsburg 09.10.

Started by TomSawYa, Tue, 2005-10-11, 11:10:54

Previous topic - Next topic

TomSawYa

So this has been my first ARENA gig last Sunday and I felt quite excited to see and of course hear them live on stage. The crowd was quite small and quiet when I arrived, but these days my expectations for ticket sales of prog acts are quite low...such a shame that good skillfully played music at a more than fair ticket price doesn´t attract more people. Even Rush had to accept last year, that sold out concerts over here in Europe are a thing of the past. :(

From the funny videointro of the hurry to the show, underlayed by William Tell, the mighty "Bedlam Fayre" and the classic "Crack in the ice", some more classics from the past and of course those highlights from "Pepper´s ghost" like "Smoke and Mirrors", "Purgatory road" and "The shattered room" to spheric keyboards and sparkling guitar play at "Serenity", calm moments like "Hanging Tree" or "Waiting for the flood", to making the crowd sing along ,,Enemy without" or ,,crying for help" I enjoyed this evening every single minute.

Professional playing at high level with equipment and show elements reduced to the necessary basics, that´s what a good progressive rock act should deliver these days.

ARENA gave a lot to this small crowd and I thought to myself ,,Oh my god thank you ! Thousands of dumbheads listen to Britney Spears at this moment of time and I can witness this great act here right before my eyes and ears !"

ARENA has climbed up high in my personal charts since last sunday. 
Changes aren´t permanent - but change is !

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

JJ II

do you have a setlist? please post it on the 10th aniversary tour-setlist thread....

Che

Arena...... Oh Arena!!!  :D
WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! ^) I will wait for you till next time :)) A biggest kisses from Vilnius!
...... sounds like a pink f****g shitty fangirl, but i dont know what can i say.... U saw me, you know averithing :) You music is perfect, you r great persons, i would like to have a frends like you! See You soon! "-)
Hasta la Victoria Siempre!

Appelmoes??

What's with all the f*ck*ng? Arena isn't that progressive, are they :-\
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Sat, 2005-10-15, 00:43:22
What's with all the f*ck*ng? Arena isn't that progressive, are they :-\

Well the language seems a bit progressive! ;D
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt