News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Mellotron

Started by jeffMc, Tue, 2005-10-18, 04:50:58

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffMc

Melloman: the DIY Walkman cassette Mellotron

http://mysterycircuits.com/melloman/melloman.html

From Engadget.com:

We should probably defer to Thom (who does our Music Thing column) on this one, but as soon as we saw the DIY Walkman cassette Mellotron, we knew we had to get the word out as quickly as possible. For the uninitiated, Mellotrons were the first sample-playback keyboards from way back in the early 60s, and used analog magnetic tape for audio playback on key presses. An idea totally ahead of its time, right? Well, chew on the Melloman, man, because it totally blew our minds.

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

gelert

This is MUCH more like it....one track of drums, and 25 tracks of keyboards....!

What say you, KBMatt...?
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: gelert on Tue, 2005-10-18, 21:12:29
This is MUCH more like it....one track of drums, and 25 tracks of keyboards....!

What say you, KBMatt...?
Funnily enough, I was listening to the MP3 samples when you posted...
I have to say I am thoroughly impressed with that!  I am so impressed, it has made a special appearance on my "Gear To Get" list.

When I've cleared a Debt, I WANT ONE!! ;D

Fantastic!
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt