News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

New Floyd album..????

Started by Moonloop, Wed, 2005-05-04, 15:04:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonloop

Floyd site "Brain Damage" posted the following translation taken from an article in Poland's most reputable newspaper, Rzeczpospolita, from an interview with David Gilmour:

Zbigniew Preisner was aked to co-produce and to do orchestral arrangements on David Gilmour's new solo album. Leszek Mozdzer is involved too. Preisner said that they had already recorded some music in Gilmour's own studio in London.
"Probably it will be David's solo album, but it is not out of the question that it could be a new Pink Floyd album. They will be deciding together later - Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright" said Preisner. "It was so amazing to meet this great master. It's a great honour to share a table with Gilmour, not to mention working with him in the studio" said Mozdzer. Another Polish engineer, Rafal Paczkowski, will be involved in orchestral session recording for the project.

Maybe nothing to get excited about, at the very least though, a new solo album to look forward to  ;D

(whether it'll be any good or not is or course, debatable  ;) )
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

BlueDragonPT

Oh no!!! Another Pink Floyd album??? Pink Floyd died first time in 1969 when Syd Barrett died, again in 1981 when Roger Waters goes out... after that what we have is something called "Pink Gilmour Floyd Band". Let Pink Floyd die in peace! Don't use the name "Pink Floyd" to foolish the people and earn more money !!!!
the heart of a dragon is a river of tears

keyboardistmatt

Hate to tell you this now,....

Sid Barrett is still alive, and can be seen around the Cambridge area!
;) ;D
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

The Voyager

Quote from: BlueDragonPT on Wed, 2005-05-25, 04:32:23
Oh no!!! Another Pink Floyd album??? Pink Floyd died first time in 1969 when Syd Barrett died, again in 1981 when Roger Waters goes out... after that what we have is something called "Pink Gilmour Floyd Band". Let Pink Floyd die in peace! Don't use the name "Pink Floyd" to foolish the people and earn more money !!!!

Can't agree. I'm still waiting for the date of release of new PF album.

Moonloop

Quote from: BlueDragonPT on Wed, 2005-05-25, 04:32:23

Line up's change - you deal with it or you don't  ;)

gelert

IQ is a case in point....er, now.

...er, so is Arena, BTW...  :o

So Loopy, what do you reckon to the new Floyd CD...?

I think that it's rather good, especially track five "Billy Cheers"....
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Moonloop

Quote from: gelert on Tue, 2005-06-07, 21:36:53

So Loopy, what do you reckon to the new Floyd CD...?

I think that it's rather good, especially track five "Billy Cheers"....

Must confess I haven't actually bought it, am waiting for the DVD-A version  ;)

gelert

Quote from: Moonloop on Wed, 2005-06-08, 09:07:59
Must confess I haven't actually bought it, am waiting for the DVD-A version  ;)

Dodgy Version....Digital -> Analogue....?

Wanna buy some 8-Track Cassettes...?

They go on a bit, so they must be prog...!

;D
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Moonloop

Quote from: gelert on Wed, 2005-06-08, 21:05:07
Dodgy Version....Digital -> Analogue....?

Wanna buy some 8-Track Cassettes...?

They go on a bit, so they must be prog...!

;D

Dunno, depends what's on em. Don't have any decent Prog on Wax Cylinder, do you  ;)  ;D

gelert

LOL Loopy, and you so nearly had me flummoxed for a reply...

That is, until I realised that I have access to an old pianola that takes those spiky cylinders (you know, the ones that "ping-the-tuned-metal-comb-type-thing)...

Well, I reckon that using my Atari, I can create a program to print-out a template...

...and then I can follow the template with a hedge-trimmer, across a selection of Astro-Turf...

...wrap said piece-of-contoured-astro-turf around a spindle...and voila...instant "Prog-on-A-Spiky-Stick"....

Available tunes are currently limited to early Thin Ice material and GLD (existing Atari Pro-24 / Cubase MIDI Files) at present...

...and I'd advise going for the Thin Ice Studio-stuff...as GLD, cut into Astro-Turf, looks like a "Bad Hair Day"....

:D

BTW, you will never know HOW close I came to being Public Enemy No.1 for hedgehog-lovers, when I started to write this post...thank fudge for Astro-Turf...!

Moonloop

Ooh...I hate it when you get technical  ::)  ;D

Early "Thin Ice" eh....... you mean back in the times when Tracy Hitchings had long hair and Clive did lead vocals  ;D

gelert

Quote from: Moonloop on Fri, 2005-06-10, 08:24:58
Early "Thin Ice" eh....... you mean back in the times when Tracy Hitchings had long hair and Clive did lead vocals  ;D

Tracy with long hair....aaaahhhh (Starts to sound like Bart Simpson dreaming of Duff Beer... :-[ )
I just had to remind myself by looking at the picture of Quasar in "The Loreli" booklet...

Aaaaahhhh....another "Duff Beer" moment....certainly not duff...   :o

As for Clive doing lead vocals...

I thought that his vocals were quite good, and not heavy at all...

choose another metal..!  ;D

Moonloop

Quote from: gelert on Fri, 2005-06-10, 19:31:03
Tracy with long hair....aaaahhhh (Starts to sound like Bart Simpson dreaming of Duff Beer... :-[ )

A wonderfully apt analogy. Excuse me whilst I join you in a "Tracy moment"  ;D