News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Now Playing Thread

Started by Peter, Fri, 2005-01-14, 14:53:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Bupie

Ten - Remembrance for the Brave/Red

Could have fit for Highlander or Braveheart soundtrack. Very nice, anyway.

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Mon, 2008-05-19, 11:32:27
Ten - Remembrance for the Brave/Red

Could have fit for Highlander or Braveheart soundtrack. Very nice, anyway.

What a pleasant surprise it was for me to see this, Bups. Great to share Ten music with you. You'l see, the music really grows on one.

NP  Spock's Beard:  Self-titled  (their latest, on repeat)

This is the sort of music where you just want more, and more ...... and more  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2008-05-18, 11:26:00
There are only three Grunge bands I like and PJ is one of them.

Two years ago, I was heavily into grunge. It started with my almost casual first listen (at the library) to AIC's Tripod album, which after the first few chords totally blew me away. I'v already written in the Room about this experience. Tripod is still my fave grunge album.

My second-fave grunge group after AIC is Mudhoney. They're prob the most melodic grunge group, but just like AIC, they have that magic raw grunge sound. Mad, if you havent heard them, for you as a grunge fan, they're a must.

Yeah, Nirvana. I liked their rawness and honesty, but admittedly the music never really gripped me. Nirvana were prob more of a phenomenon than a real contribution to music.

As I also have noted, I don't regard PJ as real grunge, more as classic rock.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2008-05-19, 14:57:22
What a pleasant surprise it was for me to see this, Bups. Great to share Ten music with you. You'l see, the music really grows on one.

;)  I don't give up so easily, Nick. And yes, Ten's music is slowly growing on me  8)

Steve Jones

Sieges Even - Sophisticated.  Blimey, what a kickass album this is!  Why wasn't I born with a copy?  ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

PH

Peter Gee - A Vision Of Angels
6. Orphans (All Alone In The World)

Wow... very good! :)
Of course very Pendragonish, but also Genesisish and Marillionish. But overall very relaxing music. Not very heavy, but not all acoustic or ambientish either.

ish ish ish ish!!

-Paco

maddox

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2008-05-19, 22:11:49
acoustic

Thank the havens that one of them is still sane. Ish.  :P

NP> Transatlantic - Bridge Across Forever

*horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

The Butterfly Man

NP: Well, nothing right now.......

But I just played an acoustic set in front of about 50 people in a local pub together with the other guitarist of my band and it went down a storm!!! I sang and played rhythm guitar mostly, while my mate played the leadparts (read: the tricky bits! ;D)  and did backing vocals. We played a couple of our own songs but also the following 'proggy' covers:

Arena - Friday's Dream
The Urbane - Beautiful Sun
The Urbane - Aeroplanes
Marillion - After Me
The Pineapple Thief - Keep Dreaming
Porcupine Tree - Stars Die

We even had to come back to do an encore! :D However, we already played all the songs we reheased so I decided to play Lazarus (Porcupine Tree) solo. My mate didn't know the song but he said he was gonna try and improvise a bit while I  went along. It was amazing!

I just felt the need to share it with you guys! :)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

maddox

Nice setlist and great to hear that everything went smoothly, Tom.

Congrats with your performance.  ;) *horns*

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2008-05-19, 23:18:46
Nice setlist and great to hear that everything went smoothly, Tom.

Congrats with your performance.  ;) *horns*

Thanks Mad! Although you (probably) weren't there, I really appreciate it! *horns*

NP: Metallica - Enter Sandman

Tom

Deenfan

I'm so impressed that you did "After me"! A heavily underestimated song, with a great lyric!

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Mon, 2008-05-19, 18:19:43
;)  I don't give up so easily, Nick.

I hope your fiancée is happy too, Bups  :D

NP  Spocks:  Self-titled

Yeah, still. Just walked thru half of Gentofte Kommune (the "green" commune) playing this album. I could see people driving to work in their cars (singly and morosely  :'(  ) and comin out of stations, baffled (Paco  :) ) about this crazy longhaired guy with the loud music, waving his arms to the music - must be a severe hash case  :o  ;D

I wanna discuss some Spocks stuff with you guys, but lets do that somewhere else .......

"He said set 'em Paco and I'll knock 'em back down."

Hey Tom, glad to hear that your intimate concert went well. Is there some demo or samples comin up ?  I'l gladly give it/them a run and give you some feedback.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Quote from: Deenfan on Tue, 2008-05-20, 00:35:21
I'm so impressed that you did "After me"! A heavily underestimated song, with a great lyric!

Agree.  :)

NP> Mind's Eye - A Gentleman's Hurricane

*horns* *horns* *horns*

Nicky007

Quote from: Steve Jones on Mon, 2008-05-19, 18:46:15
Sieges Even - Sophisticated.  Blimey, what a kickass album this is!

Right, Stevie. These guys are among the best  *horns*

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2008-05-19, 22:11:49
ish ish ish ish!!

What's that, Paco ?  Fish without the f* ?  :D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2008-05-20, 09:05:06
I hope your fiancée is happy too, Bups  :D

Frankly ?  ;D

NP Magenta - The ballad of Samuel Layne

I just had the time  for a first spin this morning and it was a very pleasant one. Pure Magenta all the way (including he weird choirs at the very beginning), which means an impression of déjà vu but also very good music (more in the vein of Seven than Home, it seemed to me). To be continued ...

maddox

Knight Area - Under A New Sign

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Deenfan on Tue, 2008-05-20, 00:35:21

You're so right! I've been playing that one for years now and it's easily one of my favourite tracks to perform. And those lyrics, well, what can you say about them...beautiful!

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2008-05-20, 09:05:06
Hey Tom, glad to hear that your intimate concert went well. Is there some demo or samples comin up ?  I'l gladly give it/them a run and give you some feedback.

Well I just heared that a friend of mine recorded some parts of the concert and he says the sound quality of the recordings is actually pretty good , so when I get them I might be able to send them your way if you like! :)

Tom

PH

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Tue, 2008-05-20, 12:33:27Well I just heared that a friend of mine recorded some parts of the concert and he says the sound quality of the recordings is actually pretty good , so when I get them I might be able to send them your way if you like! :)

Good idea! :)
I also want to hear it!!

-Paco

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2008-05-20, 12:39:07
I also want to hear it!!

Sure! I just need to find a way of sending them other than through email, cause I guess the files are too big to send via email. But I'll figure that out...

NP: The Pineapple Thief - My Debt To You

Tom

PH

maddox

maddox

Pain Of Salvation - Scarsick

Track: [06] Kingdom Of Loss

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2008-05-20, 13:29:15
Kamelot - Ghost Opera

Hope you start experiencing the greatness of this album, Mad. Man/d, that transition from the viola, and those first few strokes  *horns*

NP  Nothin, as I'm at the library (back, not still). I'd be ousted in 2 secs if I had my Walkman playin properly (1 for the shock, and 1 to get me out)  ;D

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Tue, 2008-05-20, 12:33:27
Well I just heard that a friend of mine recorded some parts of the concert and he says the sound quality of the recordings is actually pretty good , so when I get them I might be able to send them your way if you like! :)

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2008-05-20, 12:39:07
I also want to hear it!!

Well, then you'd have to come to Copenhagen, Paxi  :D

Tom, maybe you could make your samples accessible to everyone here ?  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2008-05-20, 17:00:27
Hope you start experiencing the greatness of this album, Mad. Man/d, that transition from the viola, and those first few strokes  *horns*

Let's say 'i'm starting to appreciate it'.  ;)
Carefully.  :D

I still think it's inferior to The Black Halo but then again a lot of Kamelot's albums are.

maddox

Dream Theater - A Change Of Seasons