News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

The Unquiet Sky

Started by Teunis, Wed, 2015-02-18, 19:36:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Teunis

New album needs a new topic :). Received a newsletter today with the following news (also posted on the website):

We are pleased to announce that our 8th Studio Album "The Unquiet Sky", is now available to pre-order from our store.

Track List :

The Demon Strikes
How Did it Come to This?
The Bishop of Lufford
Oblivious to the Night
No Chance Encounter
Markings on a Parchment
The Unquiet Sky
What Happened Before
Time Runs Out
Returning the Curse
Unexpected Dawn
Traveller Beware

From Clive: It was a combination of ideas - I had decided to base the album on a short horror story by M.R. James called 'Casting the Runes' - some people may have seen the old 1957 film version called 'Night of the Demon'. We were looking for an album title and John suggested 'The Unquiet Sky' even though he was unaware of my concept idea - as far as I was concerned, it fitted the mood I had in mind for the album.

All pre-orders will be mailed out on Monday 23rd March (one month ahead of the Official Worldwide Release date of 27th April).

The only other place to buy the album before 27th April will be from the Merchandise stall on our upcoming tour!

All of the artwork has been created by the ever talented Kylan Amos!

The Official  release date for this 12 track cd is the 27th April 2015
BUT!!!!!........Arena will be selling the cd on tour or you can buy it in advance from our website and receive your copy by the end of March 2015 one month before the official worldwide retail release date!!.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

The Butterfly Man

There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Teunis

First review. It's a nice read and makes clear what to expect, both the story and the music: link.

PH

What a promising review! I can't wait. I wanted to preorder and discovered that there's only one version. A standard jewel case edition. Anyone here who knows whether a special edition is planned? With a bonus CD or DVD or something? A bit like the previous album?

Teunis

It seems there's only one edition indeed. I doubt if I will order it at the Arena shop online (will ship from 23th March) or that I will but it at the gig I'm attending on 31th March. At the local shop is no option: release will be a month later ;).

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Sat, 2015-03-14, 20:20:25
It seems there's only one edition indeed. I doubt if I will order it at the Arena shop online (will ship from 23th March) or that I will but it at the gig I'm attending on 31th March. At the local shop is no option: release will be a month later ;).

In your case I think I would buy at the gig.

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2015-03-14, 20:32:12
In your case I think I would buy at the gig.
You convinced me. Than I don't know the new songs (except 'The Demon Strikes', which wil be on the setlist). Besides, it will save me some euros, the pound is stronger than the euro nowadays ;).

Petrucci

I have received the cd today (Lyon, France) and I like it  ;) In my opinion, it only lacks a long song (the longest is 7:36).

I hope to see the band next month in Lyon 8)

frenchsting

My copy should arrive in a few days (odered at builtbyfrance.com website). Can't wait listening to the album.

I see them Friday evening at "Chez Paulette" venue.

The Butterfly Man

Anyone else still waiting on their pre-order from Verglas to arrive? :'(

Tom

PH

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2015-04-01, 16:22:19
Anyone else still waiting on their pre-order from Verglas to arrive? :'(

Tom

Yes, me. I was also wondering.
In this case I probably (hopefully) still get it before the actual release date, but other than that it almost doesn't make any sense to preorder anymore.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2015-04-01, 19:27:32
Yes, me. I was also wondering.
In this case I probably (hopefully) still get it before the actual release date, but other than that it almost doesn't make any sense to preorder anymore.

Ha, I guess I should have posted that earlier. When I got home it was waiting in my mailbox. About to listen to it now! Hope you get it soon Paco. My cousin who lives nearby got her copy last Friday so I guess the postal delivery in this country doesn't really make sense. :-\

Tom

Teunis

Bought it right after the gig yesterday.

Cagemember 321

Great CD, one of the best in the back catalogue, because very coherent, compact and powerful.
Pauls voice is great, sometime a touch too much like classic Heavy metal singers.
Music is powerful, very rythmic.

Most liked songs after the first 6-7 hearings: The unquiet sky and Travellers beware.

The Butterfly Man

What an unbelievably strong album. This - to me - is the natural follow up to Contagion. A true return to form. Nothing against Pepper's Ghost and Seventh Degree, but listening to this album a couple of times made me realise that this is the Arena that I grew so fond of. A few initial highlights:

- The concept. What an intriguing story.
- The return of guitarsolo's.
- How Did It Come to This?
- The Unquiet Sky
- What happened before. Hell hath no fury! *horns*
- Returning The Curse. Especially the instrumental bit that starts at 2:05.
- Unexpected Dawn. Melodic, souring. Strong vocal delivery by Paul.
- Traveller Beware. A mini-epic. Stunning conclusion to the album.

It's almost an insult that they're playing only four Unquiet Sky-songs live. I fully understand that they're celebrating 20 years or Arena, but maybe the guys have to think about doing a tour in support of this album later in the year, schedules permitting of course, like they did with Contagion. Play a large chunk of The Unquiet Sky as a first set, then have a small break, and then come back and play a second set consisting of 'classics'. Sounds like a plan, right? :D

Congratulations Clive and the rest of the band on this remarkable piece of work.

By the way, Erik, how about writing a 'Follow the Signs'-article about Unquiet Sky, just for old times sake? ;)

Tom

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Fri, 2015-04-03, 23:13:41
- Returning The Curse. Especially the instrumental bit that starts at 2:05.

I've been wondering what this bit reminds me of since the first time I heard it, but I finally know now. Pendragon during the Not of This World days! *horns*

Anyone else with an opinion on The Unquiet Sky in this very quiet part of the Room? :-\

Tom

PH

As soon as I have the album, I will give my opinion!
With my luck I will have it on the release date...

keyboardistmatt

A great, great album. It's been in the CD player since I receivedt. (Preorder)
Great lyrics as usual, some great instrumental work from the band - and great artwork. It's kinda reminiscent of the cover art of 'The Visitor', don't you think?

The album art is an essential part of the package to me, that's why I still insist on buying physical media. Compliments to Kylan for a great job!

8)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Nicky007

So, Matt, would you say that the album is "great" ? ::)

- Nicky
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Thu, 2015-04-09, 14:35:59
A great, great album. It's been in the CD player since I receivedt. (Preorder)

Same here.

QuoteGreat lyrics as usual, some great instrumental work from the band - and great artwork. It's kinda reminiscent of the cover art of 'The Visitor', don't you think?

Yeah indeed. Also, like Erik mentioned in another thread, did you spot the Visitor-velocipede in the distance in the artwork of Unexpected Dawn?

QuoteThe album art is an essential part of the package to me, that's why I still insist on buying physical media. Compliments to Kylan for a great job!

Again, I agree. I wouldn't want to miss the artwork, especially in this case with the numbers and symbols.  :)

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2015-04-09, 15:00:41
So, Matt, would you say that the album is "great" ? ::)

He would, 'cause it is! ;D

Tom

Nicky007

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Thu, 2015-04-09, 15:02:59
He would, 'cause it is! ;D

Think I'll give Matt a thesaurus for his next birthday :P

- Nicky
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

frenchsting

Recieved my copy on Tuesday 2rd.

A great album and the songs are compact and powerful.

They played live some of the songs and they really kick a*s.  *horns* *horns*

PH

Ladies and gentlemen, we've got him!
Finally "The Unquiet Sky" arrived today!
I'm going to listen to it tomorrow.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2015-04-14, 21:42:45
Ladies and gentlemen, we've got him!
Finally "The Unquiet Sky" arrived today!
I'm going to listen to it tomorrow.

Wow, finally. 8)

Tom