News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Now Playing Thread

Started by Peter, Fri, 2005-01-14, 14:53:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Bupie

NP Arena - The Seventh Degree Of Separation

maddox

The Flower Kings ~ Desolation Rose : Tower One [13:37]
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Teunis

John Watts - The Iceberg Model
Riverside - S.O.N.G.S.
Queen - Made In Heaven
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

maddox

PH

Star One - "Space Metal"

In a few days it's the birthday of a friend of mine. He likes science fiction series and movies and started liking bands like Nightwish and Stratovarius. So I'm planning to buy this album for him. I think he might like it!

PH

Star One - "Victims Of The Modern Age"

Nice 8)

Teunis

Airbag - The Greatest Show On Earth
Nosound - Lightdark

Bupie

NP Landmarq - Entertaining Angels

The more I listen to this one, the more I like it, it's like sitting on the bank of a river watching a crystal clear water running and being filled of serenity  8)

And next it will be the new Ayreon, thanks to Teunis for the progstreaming info  ;)

PH

JP
Ayreon - "The Theory Of Everything"

NP
Ray Wilson - "Chasing Rainbows"

Quality pop rock. Really love it.

maddox

PH

Ayreon - "The Human Equation"
I think this is still the best Ayreon album.

As a matter of fact, the new album reminds me a lot of "The Human Equation" and of... "The Final Experiment". I think because of the folk influences.
Am I the only one?

PH

Big Big Train - "English Electric, Part Two"

Still not tired of it!

Bupie

NP Neal Morse - Sola Scriptura

PH

Mystery - "The World Is A Game"

A pleasant listen.

PH

Mike Oldfield - "Platinum"

Interesting. The keyboards/synths make me think of a video game (not one in particular). This is obviously not the best of Oldfield. It's cute though, and funny in a playful way.
People who like Oldfield should take a look at Bjorn Lynne. He's doing somewhat the same and is heavily influenced by Mike Oldfield, but also Clive Nolan and Progressive Rock in general.

Pendragon - "Passion"

Pendragon is not really a band I listen to on a daily, weekly or even monthly basis. But when I do, I like it. This album is so different from "Masquerade Overture" which I really like and think of as an essential Neo Prog album. "Passion" is not really Neo Prog like that. It reminds me of Riverside.

Symphony X - "V: The New Mythology Suite"

I love the keyboard sounds on this album. Very mysterious sound and epic. And I am occasionally fascinated by the Atlantis story.

Bupie

PP Ray Wilson - Chasing Rainbows

A pleasant (repeated) listen. Thanks to PH  ;) If you like this, you should really enjoy Primitive Instinct and Fish On Friday, to name two bands in the same vein. Any advice for another album in Ray Wilson's discography (apart from Calling All Stations  ;D) ?

NP Airbag - The Greatest Show On Earth

Am I listening to the new Pink Floyd album ?  :) Thanks to Teunis for the recommendation ;)

PH

Quote from: Bupie on Wed, 2013-10-30, 17:18:24
PP Ray Wilson - Chasing Rainbows

A pleasant (repeated) listen. Thanks to PH  ;) If you like this, you should really enjoy Primitive Instinct and Fish On Friday, to name two bands in the same vein. Any advice for another album in Ray Wilson's discography (apart from Calling All Stations  ;D) ?

Glad you like it! If you want more Ray Wilson goodness, you should check out his first solo album "Change" (which I played a lot), or perhaps his third "Propaganda Man". His second album did nothing for me strangely enough.

If you like it a bit heavier, I can recommend Stiltskin's second album "She"! I've never listened to the first (with the hit Inside), but I have the second and third album. "She" is really good. The third, "Unfulfillment", is alright too (I need to listen to it a bit more), but is more like a Ray Wilson solo album.

Thanks for your recommendations. I'll check them out. :)

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2013-10-29, 23:04:25
As a matter of fact, the new album reminds me a lot of "The Human Equation" and of... "The Final Experiment". I think because of the folk influences. Am I the only one?
I noticed familiar sounds too, most close to THE indeed. A 8) album indeed, I like folky music!

Quote from: Bupie on Wed, 2013-10-30, 17:18:24
NP Airbag - The Greatest Show On Earth

Am I listening to the new Pink Floyd album ?  :) Thanks to Teunis for the recommendation ;)
You're welcome. Indeed PF influences, yet an own identity. Really great album, hope to get the hardcopy on Friday.

Knight Area - The Sun Also Rises
Inside Out Music - Music Progress (sampler, played it 1 time, no discoveries for me ;))
Tool - Lateralus (read somewhere this band is similar to Muse, but don't like it that much :-\)

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Wed, 2013-10-30, 19:05:09
Inside Out Music - Music Progress (sampler, played it 1 time, no discoveries for me ;))

Was this sampler part of the iO Pages I did not get? :-\

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2013-10-30, 19:24:53
Was this sampler part of the iO Pages I did not get? :-\
Yes. Maybe you should contact iO Pages, they'll send you a new magazine.

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Wed, 2013-10-30, 19:42:47
Yes. Maybe you should contact iO Pages, they'll send you a new magazine.

I sent them an email last monday... But I guess I should phone them or something.

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2013-10-30, 13:55:00
Mike Oldfield - "Platinum"
Pendragon - "Passion"
Symphony X - "V: The New Mythology Suite"

You're doin well here, Paxi  ;)

These are three albums that I also like a lot, and all three artists are pantheon with me  8)

But I agree: Platinum is not one of Mike Oldfied's best albums  :-\

My faves are QE2, Exposed (live), Five Miles Out, Crises, and Amarok. The last is rather uneven, but has some sublime moments where MO is at his best  *horns*

Re SyX, they have a good grasp of mythology, including Atlantis  8)

- Nicky
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2013-10-30, 22:35:15
You're doin well here, Paxi  ;)

Thank you sir.

These are three albums that I also like a lot, and all three artists are pantheon with me  8)

But I agree: Platinum is not one of Mike Oldfied's best albums  :-\

My faves are QE2, Exposed (live), Five Miles Out, Crises, and Amarok. The last is rather uneven, but has some sublime moments where MO is at his best  *horns*

Out of those, I have "QE2" (like it), my dad has "Crises" (like it a lot) and I like "Amarok" (don't have it yet). "Five Miles Out" I don't know much about. But since you like it so much, I just have to listen to it!
Since Mike Oldfield is remastering and rereleasing most of his albums now, I'm planning to follow up on them. Already have his first six studio albums. Hopefully he will release another box set (that's how I got them) with the next six.

Re SyX, they have a good grasp of mythology, including Atlantis  8)

I know "V: The New Mythology Suite", "Paradise Lost" and "Iconoclast" (all really good), but haven't heard the first four albums and "The Odyssey". Anyone who feels the need to recommend me one?

NP:
Anthony Phillips - "Field Day"
Veeeeeery nice. Not for you if you don't like instrumental acoustic guitar music. Because this is two hours of exactly that.

Peter

Ayreon - The Theory Of Everything
on progstreaming.com while waiting for delivery... :)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

PH

Sylvan - "Presets"

I really like this cd!