News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

2014-12-06 IQ @ De Boerderij, Zoetermeer, The Netherlands

Started by PH, Mon, 2014-12-01, 20:47:46

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

So, next saturday, IQ will be playing in De Boerderij, Zoetermeer.
I am going! My first gig in seven years. 8) I'll be there with my dad. Anyone else going? :)

Bupie

No but I really wish I could.

And, by the way, I still have to write my story about the Threshold gig before I forget it all ...

PH

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2014-12-02, 08:45:05
And, by the way, I still have to write my story about the Threshold gig before I forget it all ...

Please do that.

Am I the only one going for the IQ gig saturday?

PH

Just returned from my first IQ gig. It was great! They played the whole new album (not the bonus disc though). Just too bad John Jowitt is no longer part of IQ... I really missed his stage presence.

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2014-12-07, 01:56:20
Just returned from my first IQ gig. It was great! They played the whole new album (not the bonus disc though). Just too bad John Jowitt is no longer part of IQ... I really missed his stage presence.
Yeah, IQ rules, they never disappoint. Have seen them twice live with JJ. Nice fellow to watch on stage indeed, now mr. Nicholls captures most of the attention and he's a great performer too 8). Unfortunately Zoetermeer is a bit too far, only go when my prog friend wants to go. He's the driver, don't like driving in the dark.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Sun, 2014-12-07, 15:51:49
Yeah, IQ rules, they never disappoint. Have seen them twice live with JJ. Nice fellow to watch on stage indeed, now mr. Nicholls captures most of the attention and he's a great performer too 8). Unfortunately Zoetermeer is a bit too far, only go when my prog friend wants to go. He's the driver, don't like driving in the dark.

Musically they were great! But about stage presence, I was a bit disappointed. They are a bit passive. JJ is a real pleasure to watch live. I've seen him on the Frost* gig in 2006. Tim Esau (and actually everyone else) is just playing his instrument, and there was only once that he (Tim Esau) moved from his place. Almost no interaction. I think that's really a missed opportunity.

The concert was filmed for a dvd release. I'm in the back (close to the bar), so I probably won't be on film. The collegue of my dad was a very loud whistler, so I think you'll be able to hear him!