News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Keyboardistmatt

Started by keyboardistmatt, Mon, 2005-05-16, 01:28:54

Previous topic - Next topic

keyboardistmatt

In the order that things come to mind, then...

Prog stuff:-
Arena, ;) Yes, Rick Wakeman, Oliver Wakeman, Marillion, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Rush, Dream Theater, Threshold, Jadis, Symphony X, Nightwish, Nolan/Wakeman, Shadowland, Porcupine Tree, IQ, Mostly Autumn, ELP, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Change Of Heart, Transatlantic, Dark Ocean, Aliped...

Rock/Hard Rock:-
Queen, Brian May, Rolling Stones, ELO, Tool, Peter Gabriel, Guns N Roses, Deep Purple, AC/DC, Dire Straits, Tea Party, Motorhead, REM, Ozzy Osbourne, David Bowie, Bruce Springsteen, Muse, Faith No More, Status Quo, Stone Roses, Pearl Jam, Freak Of Nature, Alice In Chains...

Industrial/Gothic:-
Nine Inch Nails, Fear Factory, Type O Negative, Rammstein, Anathema, Cradle Of Filth, Lacuna Coil, Alec Empire, The Cure, Joy Division, Coal Chamber, VNV Nation, Danzig, Mantissa, Marilyn Manson, White Zombie, Rob Zombie, Out, The prodigy...

Metal:-
Pantera, Sepultura, Soulfly, Killswitch Engage, Morbid Angel, My Dying Bride, Pitchshifter, Pist. On, System Of A Down, Machine Head, Korn, Metallica, Stone Sour, Paradise Lost, Megadeth, Napalm Death, Jack Off Jill, Monster Magnet, Judas Priest, Disturbed...

Classical:-
Mozart, Bach, Beethoven... (in particular).  Also, Tony Banks classical album 'Seven' is good, too!  ;D

Jazz:-
Fourplay, Pat Methaney, Weather Report...

Other:-
Enigma, Afro Celt Sound System, Clannad, Ozric Tentacles, Texas, Manic Street Preachers, Talk Talk, Simple Minds, Duran Duran, Level 42, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Yello, Green Day, Tears For Fears, New order, Jesus And Mary Chain...

Oh my.  I've nearly got a radio station back here!    :o
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Diablos_Bassist

wow matt hey at least now it saves me typin it all out. i aprove man you've prittymuch coverd it for the both of us

;D
why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly...

keyboardistmatt

Cool!

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Mon, 2005-05-16, 01:28:54
In the order that things come to mind, then...

Prog stuff:-
Arena, ;) Yes, Rick Wakeman, Oliver Wakeman, Marillion, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Rush, Dream Theater, Threshold, Jadis, Symphony X, Nightwish, Nolan/Wakeman, Shadowland, Porcupine Tree, IQ, Mostly Autumn, ELP, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Change Of Heart, Transatlantic, Dark Ocean, Aliped...

Rock/Hard Rock:-
Queen, Brian May, Rolling Stones, ELO, Tool, Peter Gabriel, Guns N Roses, Deep Purple, AC/DC, Dire Straits, Tea Party, Motorhead, REM, Ozzy Osbourne, David Bowie, Bruce Springsteen, Muse, Faith No More, Status Quo, Stone Roses, Pearl Jam, Freak Of Nature, Alice In Chains...

Industrial/Gothic:-
Nine Inch Nails, Fear Factory, Type O Negative, Rammstein, Anathema, Cradle Of Filth, Lacuna Coil, Alec Empire, The Cure, Joy Division, Coal Chamber, VNV Nation, Danzig, Mantissa, Marilyn Manson, White Zombie, Rob Zombie, Out, The prodigy...

Metal:-
Pantera, Sepultura, Soulfly, Killswitch Engage, Morbid Angel, My Dying Bride, Pitchshifter, Pist. On, System Of A Down, Machine Head, Korn, Metallica, Stone Sour, Paradise Lost, Megadeth, Napalm Death, Jack Off Jill, Monster Magnet, Judas Priest, Disturbed...

Classical:-
Mozart, Bach, Beethoven... (in particular).  Also, Tony Banks classical album 'Seven' is good, too!  ;D

Jazz:-
Fourplay, Pat Methaney, Weather Report...

Other:-
Enigma, Afro Celt Sound System, Clannad, Ozric Tentacles, Texas, Manic Street Preachers, Talk Talk, Simple Minds, Duran Duran, Level 42, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Yello, Green Day, Tears For Fears, New order, Jesus And Mary Chain...

Oh my.  I've nearly got a radio station back here!    :o

I've also found this new band called Yak, that are pretty good, as well as
The Bleeding Hearts,
and a great band called Whimwise.

Nicky007

I see that we share a looot of music, Matt  8)

And you got some groups there that I have to try out .....

Otoh I can recommend some'o my faves:  Nevermore, Jeff Loomis, Kamelot, Spock's Beard, Anathema, Down, Queensrÿche, Deadsoul Tribe, Rachmaninoff.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2009-10-12, 17:48:37
I see that we share a looot of music, Matt  8)

And you got some groups there that I have to try out .....

Otoh I can recommend some'o my faves:  Nevermore, Jeff Loomis, Kamelot, Spock's Beard, Anathema, Down, Queensrÿche, Deadsoul Tribe, Rachmaninoff.

Nicky.

Anathema are fantastic; I've been listening to these guys for some years now, Queensryche, and Spocks Beard also.  Down are excellent, and I haven't really absorbed Nevermore just yet.

And Rachmaninoff: who does he play for??  ;D ;)

Manatee

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Mon, 2009-10-12, 19:54:37
Anathema are fantastic; I've been listening to these guys for some years now, Queensryche, and Spocks Beard also.  Down are excellent, and I haven't really absorbed Nevermore just yet.

Manchester United?
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

keyboardistmatt

Nicky007

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Mon, 2009-10-12, 19:54:37
Anathema are fantastic; I've been listening to these guys for some years now, Queensryche, and Spocks Beard also.

Great, Matt !

Down are excellent, and I haven't really absorbed Nevermore just yet.

At last a Roomie who got balls  *horns*   (yeah, I know, Jonesy, you like Nevermore too, but you'v worn yers out)  ;D

He kicks ass more than ball, and the balls he has are more the type you kick with than at  ;)

As a keyboard player, ya gotta know the Rach 2 and 3 ?

Altho I don't rock much to classical music anymore, the Rach 2 & 3, Saint-Saëns' 3rd Symphony (ya even got the umlaut there), Beethoven's 3rd-9th, Wagner's Parsifal and Liebestod, and a couple'o other classical asskickers still get me groovin  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me