News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Which is the best Arena album ?

Started by il76candid, Fri, 2007-01-05, 09:29:03

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

Symphonic is big (symphonies). Early Genesis was symphonic prog (back then they called it symphonic rock).
Contagion is well, not really symphonic I guess. I's... Contagion.

Contagion is eerie gloomy rock.
Very hard to describe actually... And that's why it's called Prog! ;D

-Paco

bluepony

Quote from: Bupie on Sat, 2008-03-01, 14:36:44
Tss, tss, what a bad reputation you are trying to give of me. By the way, has anybody got news from Bluey ?  Nicky, you made her run away with your sexist observations  :'(  ... or most probably this has something to do with her new job !

Don't worry, guys, I'm still alive! I've been pretty busy though due to - as you have already guessed - changing jobs, but now I've got two weeks off (in between the old and the new job) and will try to be online a bit more.

As if Nicky could ever scare me...  ;)

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Mon, 2008-03-03, 18:51:10
As if Nicky could ever scare me...  ;)

You aint seen nothin yet baby  :o

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2008-03-03, 16:28:56
Symphonic is big (symphonies). Early Genesis was symphonic prog (back then they called it symphonic rock).
Contagion is well, not really symphonic I guess. It's... Contagion.

Contagion is eerie gloomy rock.
Very hard to describe actually... And that's why it's called Prog! ;D

Well, when you got the synths so much upfront, you can call it "symphonic", so that would make Contagion symphonic.

But it's one of the more heavy-rockin symphonic albums.

However, Deenie, I dont see the symphonic structure in Contagion. A symphonic structure, as I understand it, is like:  First a lively original movement, then somethin niiice and slooow to relax to, then maybe a medium-speed dance movement like a waltz or two-step, and last a fast gutsy movement like a rondo or vivace.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2008-03-03, 19:39:36Well, when you got the synths so much upfront, you can call it "symphonic".

No, that would be synthphonic.

-Paco

Deenfan

The "classical symphony" was always made up of four movements, and the first was supposed to be of a specific kind, and heaven knows about the rest, but it is no longer, if ever, required to come in a specific form. The word must mean something like "Together-sound".

Contagion is more symphonic than Pepper's ghost, in the same way that just about every concept album on earth is more symphonic than "Back in black"... ;)

Opera fanatica is almost a symphony in itself, though... ;D

Nicky007

OK, so that's what comes out of eating pizza in the far North  :o

:)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

Quote from: Deenfan on Mon, 2008-03-03, 21:41:03
Contagion is more symphonic than Pepper's ghost, in the same way that just about every concept album on earth is more symphonic than "Back in black"... ;)

???  :D

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2008-03-03, 19:05:32
You aint seen nothin yet baby  :o

Nicky.
Well, I saw your picture on your myspace profile (I think...) - and I'm still here!!  ;D

bluepony

maddox

Quote from: bluepony on Wed, 2008-03-05, 18:19:47
Well, I saw your picture on your myspace profile (I think...) - and I'm still here!!  ;D

Nicky has a Myspace profile?

Hmm, this i'd like to see.  ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2008-03-08, 14:14:04
Nicky has a Myspace profile?

Hmm, this i'd like to see.  ;)

No, it waas his Amazon account! ;D

-Paco

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

bluepony

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2008-03-08, 16:02:09
No, it waas his Amazon account! ;D

-Paco

Yep, you're right as always, Paco!
Sorry for the confusion...  :-[

Nicky007

Thanks for the interest guys. You can send my photo to Playgirl and similar mags - I could use some cash  ;D

It's actually my Amazon Profile.

Amazon is a great place. You can buy nearly everything, and you find some of the best reviewers there, i.a. me  8)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

I cannot imagine Playgirl would be interested, Nicky...

And I think Myspace is even better than Amazon. True, you can't buy stuff there, but you usually get more pics and music than on the Amazon profiles.  ;)

Nicky007

Maybe one fine day, Bluey, when you realise that you wont get George Clooney (with or without the lederhosen), you'l be happy with guys who look almost as good  8)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

No, no, no, wait a moment - who said I wanted George Clooney?! :o

Deenfan

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2008-03-04, 09:54:42
???  :D

It's easy, you know... a cucumber is sooo much more of a banana than a tomato is. You know... ;D

bluepony

Quote from: Deenfan on Mon, 2008-03-10, 23:05:08
It's easy, you know... a cucumber is sooo much more of a banana than a tomato is. You know... ;D
???

Nicky007

That's why, if you split a cucumber, you have more of a banana split than if you split a tomato - obviously !  (Deenlogic or dodgic)

;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Deenfan

Nicky, you're getting the hang of this!

You don't have to split the cucumber to see it's banananess over the tomato, but it certainly drives the point home! ;D

Nicky007

Good'n Deenie  ;D

And therefore the best Arena album is ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2008-03-11, 10:04:24
Good'n Deenie  ;D

And therefore the best Arena album is ?

Nicky.

Life and Life because you can split it in two and have an entire live version of their best studio album and great extracts from the other ones  ;D

So you have the cream and the farmer's milk. And yes, I know what you think Nicky, we still don't have the farmer's wife ...

Nicky007

Hey, dont confuse us even more, Bupie; it's bad enough with Deenie: The album has the title Live & Life.

But you're right about the rest. And we can freeze the cream to get the ice cream for the banana split  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can