News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Now Reading Thread

Started by Moonloop, Tue, 2005-04-26, 09:47:37

Previous topic - Next topic

keyboardistmatt

Alot of junkmail, but also alot of 'When are you comming back to Bournemouth?' emails, too!  That's where I come from y'see! :)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

maddox

I've finished a while ago, but just started to read it again: Dan Brown - The DaVinci Code.

Absolutely briljant.  8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Appelmoes??

I saw a nice docu about that book. Seems like he claims to tell facts and stuff, but when experts take a look at it, it doesn't stand ::) (Which doesn't mean I'm saying it's a bad book, can't comment on that since I haven't read it ;))
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

keyboardistmatt

Now reading the Korg Prophecy Parameter guide.

Oh my goodness...

There is a purpose to it though, I'm not doing it for fun! ;)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

maddox

Just began reading the new book of Robert Ludlum and Patrick Larking, called "The Moscow Vector".

Pretty interesting and the main character, John Smith, is having a hard time in the beginning.

Appelmoes??

Started in the Wheel of Time books again 8)

My drawings on MySpace

funkster

In the middle of The eagle has landed by Jack Higgins

Peter

Nochnoi Dozor, Sergei Lukianenko, very cool.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

johninblack

A Game Of Thrones - George RR Martin.

CygnusX1

Nearly finished Whit by Iain Banks, which means I'll have read all of his fiction novels. Now just have to plough through the sci-fi ones I haven't read. ;D

Peter

After Sergei Lukianenko, I turned to a "new" German writer, called Christoph Marzi and bought his much praised "Lycidas" and "Lilith". I read the first, was very eager to find out the end, found it to be rather cheesy, read a quarter of the second book and decided that I'm done with this guy now. :(

Now I'm reading Anne Bishop's "Black Jewels" trilogy, second book at the moment. Like it a lot. :)

Appelmoes??

Since I had to wait for 2 months for the next Wheel of Time book, I started reading Hobb's Farseer trilogy. After that I can start with the Liveship Traders, and I'm planning to order The Tawny Man Trilogy very soon 8)

My drawings on MySpace

PH

I was reading for school (again) and now I was reading: "Want dit is mijn lichaam" by Renate Dorrestein...

Ok, that wasn't as boring as I thought at first, but it's not one of my favourites...

I hate it to read books for school, but it's part of the literature education...

PH

Now reading Nineteen Eighty-Four (1984) by George Orwell.
Interesting to say the least.
I like the idea of a doom-future, that's why I love Arena.
Yeah, this book is so inspirational.

Appelmoes??

Big Brother is watching you ;)

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

Currently reading Tom Clancy's Powerplays: Politica

I had this waiting in my bookcase for a couple of months now and finally start reading it. It's nice so far. Though the book is a bit tiny.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2007-01-26, 23:22:31Currently reading Tom Clancy's Powerplays: Politica

I had this waiting in my bookcase for a couple of months now and finally start reading it. It's nice so far. Though the book is a bit tiny.

I've read a good first bit of that book a couple of years ago.
Is that the one in which Boris Yeltsin has drunk himself to death?

But I didn't like it too much. The book is not for christian kids of the age of 14... ::)

EDIT: By the way, I'm now reading Alice's Adventures In Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.

...in English...
It's an absurd story, but I like it... 8)
Through The Looking Glass will follow quickly.

Appelmoes??

I'm readingTolkiens Silmarillion (:p) for the umpteenth time!

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2007-05-29, 20:54:51
I'm readingTolkiens Silmarillion (:p) for the umpteenth time!

Found that one extremely hard to read and rather ...boring... after The Hobbit and LOTR, actually. Like dude goes there, does that, then goes to war with the other dude, and so on. Not a good read, really...

maddox

I never read the rest of Tolkien but to me LOTR was amazing. Already read some 800 till 1100 pages in the past (Tom Clancy for instance) but LOTR was pretty rough.

But nevertheless one of the best books i've ever read.  *horns*

PH

I'm done with Alice's Adventures In Wonderland (by Lewis Carroll) and Through The Looking Glass will have to wait, because...

I bought the entire Lord Of The Rings trilogy!
In Dutch though... "In de ban van de ring".

The Fellowship, The Two Towers and The Return Of The King all packed in one thick book (1401 pages), and it costed me just 15 euros! ;D

maddox

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2007-06-23, 20:19:10
I'm done with Alice's Adventures In Wonderland (by Lewis Carroll) and Through The Looking Glass will have to wait, because...

The Fellowship, The Two Towers and The Return Of The King all packed in one thick book (1401 pages), and it costed me just 15 euros! ;D

That's a bargain.  ;)
Well done.

Please tell us what you though of it in ehm lets say, one week?  :D

maddox

Quote from: maddox
Quote from: PH on Sat, 2007-06-23, 20:19:10

That's a bargain.  ;)
Well done.

And? Have you finished it yet?  ;)

I just begun reading the new novel of Michael Crighton called Next.  8)

PH

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2007-07-12, 21:48:53
That's a bargain.  ;)
Well done.

And? Have you finished it yet?  ;)

No I think I'm at 1/6 of the book. (The trilogy that is.)
That's the 10th chapter of part 1: The Fellowship.

I really like it! I really do. It grabs you and makes you shift into the world that is Middle-Earth.
I think Tolkien not only wrote a book, but he sort of wrote a self formed history.
Really clever dude the Tolkien-guy.

maddox

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2007-07-12, 22:33:37
No I think I'm at 1/6 of the book. (The trilogy that is.)
That's the 10th chapter of part 1: The Fellowship.

I really like it! I really do. It grabs you and makes you shift into the world that is Middle-Earth.
I think Tolkien not only wrote a book, but he sort of wrote a self formed history.
Really clever dude the Tolkien-guy.

Well it grabbed me too but only after about 100 pages. Personally i think the beginning is dull although it's quite essential to read the 'background' info in the beginning.
It took me a while to end it though. Not enough time i guess.  :-\

But you're right about one thing. It's amazing.