News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

The Salt and The Sand - online now!

Started by JJ II, Fri, 2005-12-09, 17:48:43

Previous topic - Next topic

erik

Has it really been ten years already?! :o
Currently there are no plans, but I agree that it an update would be nice. It has not quite been as busy as the first ten years but there's enough to tell. Maybe we should crowdsource it amongst the active roomies, each providing a draft chapter ::)
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

PH

Well from 2005 to 2010 there was little activity indeed.
Perhaps there's a bit of a place for the side projects of the members?
"She", Kino, Frost*, It Bites, "Alchemy".

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2014-09-01, 13:36:21
Ok, so next year it will be ten years since the original "The Salt And The Sand" was released.
Yes, look it up. I did. Time flies indeed. I remember it like it was yesterday.
So with a new album on the way and some line-up changes can we expect a reissue of this Arena biography in 2015?

Funny you bring it up. I've just been reading it last week. Was very nice to read again. :)

I can understand that there are no plans for an update, but the one thing I really would like to know: What's the reason Rob left? And does anyone know what he is up to nowadays?

Paul Manzi is a good singer and a very nice person, but I still miss Rob in Arena. He's by far my favourite vocalist Arena ever had.

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Nicky007

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Thu, 2014-09-04, 13:33:51
Paul Manzi is a good singer and a very nice person, but I still miss Rob in Arena. He's by far my favourite vocalist Arena ever had.

Agree, Tom. Rob is the singer of Arena. So much emotion, so much power *horns*

- Nicky
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

I agree, at least emotionally. I was very sad when Rob left. He really brought something special to Arena. He has a certain dramatic tone in his voice that no other Arena vocalist has.
That being said, every vocalist was really good. And technically, Paul Manzi is probably the best of them all. I don't think Rob could have done "The Seventh Degree...", but noone delivers "Contagion" like Rob.
Kudos to Clive and co for having the perfect singer for each album.

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Thu, 2014-09-04, 13:33:51
And does anyone know what [Rob] is up to nowadays?

I believe Rob is a Music Therapist. He also does live stuff from time to time.  ;)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt