News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Bob moog passed away

Started by jeffMc, Mon, 2005-08-22, 16:56:08

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffMc

For all you KB enthusiasts, Bob moog passed away, yesterday at his Ashland North Carolina home. He was 71. We all know Bob brought us the Moog synth,
and we have all used one at some point in our lives and careers. No public memorial, but fans and friends are invited to visit  http://www.caringbridge.com/visit/bobmoog

Stuart

Sad news indeed  :( Truly the father of music synthesis, without whom much of what we listen to today would not be possible. I'm sure I'm not the only one to still drool over the early modular synths he built for Keith Emerson and others, temperature instability and all.

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Stuart on Tue, 2005-08-23, 23:45:11
Sad news indeed  :( Truly the father of music synthesis, without whom much of what we listen to today would not be possible. I'm sure I'm not the only one to still drool over the early modular synths he built for Keith Emerson and others, temperature instability and all.

I'm keeping my Minimoog!
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Higgins III

Temperature instability. I remember an old keyboard looking doo-higgie which had lots of buttons and such things on the front at my old middle school. Every time i turned it on it sounded like it was going to explode so i turned it off and ran away like a frightened school girl :)
...wot does the rest of the alphabet equal?