News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Transatlantic is back!!!

Started by maddox, Wed, 2009-08-26, 20:38:41

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

So what do you think of the new Transatlantic album?
I love it! It's not their best I think, that honour goes to "The Whirlwind" if I had anything to say about it. But it certainly is on par with "Bridge Across Forever".

Bupie

I am just in the middle of my first listen so it's way too soon to have an opinion. But so far, I didn't enjoy the first five minutes of Into The Blue.

And by the way, my favorite Transatlantic album is by far STPMe because it includes my favorite prog song, All Of The Above ;)

PH

I was listening today to "The Whirlwind" again, and I was wondering... what's your Transatlantic album top 4?

Mine would be like this:

1. "The Whirlwind"
2. "Bridge Across Forever"
3. "Kaleidoscope"
4. "SMPTe"

"Kaleidoscope" is a really good album and I like it very much. "Bridge Across Forever" is just rated a bit higher because it's more known to me. Whenever I listen to that one, it's like coming home. "Kaleidoscope" might be in second place ten years from now.

Perhaps some here don't even like Transatlantic that much, but you just got to admit that they are the flag holders for modern prog. They are four blokes who are überprog fans themselves and I think they're able to make prog more popular again.

Just wanted to say that. Sorry.

Iggy

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2014-04-18, 20:58:05
I was listening today to "The Whirlwind" again, and I was wondering... what's your Transatlantic album top 4?

Mine would be like this:

1. "The Whirlwind"
2. "Bridge Across Forever"
3. "Kaleidoscope"
4. "SMPTe"

"Kaleidoscope" is a really good album and I like it very much. "Bridge Across Forever" is just rated a bit higher because it's more known to me. Whenever I listen to that one, it's like coming home. "Kaleidoscope" might be in second place ten years from now.

Perhaps some here don't even like Transatlantic that much, but you just got to admit that they are the flag holders for modern prog. They are four blokes who are überprog fans themselves and I think they're able to make prog more popular again.

Just wanted to say that. Sorry.

I would agree with you but I think Kaleidoscope will overtake Bridge Across Forever at some stage.

PH

Quote from: Iggy on Tue, 2014-04-22, 18:45:07
I would agree with you but I think Kaleidoscope will overtake Bridge Across Forever at some stage.

Exactly my thought. It's a very nice album, isn't it?

Iggy

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2014-04-22, 22:22:55
Exactly my thought. It's a very nice album, isn't it?

Yep.

The bonus CD is quality as well.

Bupie

For what it's worth :

1. SMPTe
2. Whirlwind/Bridge
4. Kaleidoscope

But Kaleidoscope is still a work in progress from my listener's point of view.

And as I said a billion times before, I don't see anything topping All Of The Above in their catalogue.

PH

So apparently Transatlantic will release another live album/DVD/BluRay called:
"KaLIVEoscope"
( ::)  I liked 'Whirld Tour' better ;) )

There seems to be:
- 4 disc Special Edition Digipak
- 6 disc Ltd. Deluxe Edition Box Set
- BluRay

Does anyone know if the ProgNation at Sea performance with Jon Anderson was recorded? I would love to have that on DVD.
I really need to see a track list, because I am not so sure if I would buy this... How many times do we have a live version of We All Need Some Light, or Stranger In Your Soul?

Anyone here who has both live albums "Whirld Tour (2010)" and "More Never Is Enough (2011)"?