News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

keyboardistmatt

Yes - 'Talk'

Mainly for "Endless Dream" which I always liked, but also because it came up in conversation here recently.  ;)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

PH

I had ordered three albums from Grooves Inc. again.
And today I received these two:

Jean Michel Jarre - "Équinoxe"
Jean Michel Jarre - "Les Chants Magnétiques"

I still need to wait for the arrival of...
A.C.T - "Circus Pandemonium"

Already heard a lot of it through progstreaming.com (it's still there guys!) and liked it a lot! Might not be their best (I still think "Last Epic" is a work of genius!), but it's still very nice and of course I'll listen to it again when I get it.

Iggy

I had to do it. The new Led Zeppelin boxed set is on the way. The first one is the only one I don't have on Vinyl and tomorrow that will be rectified.  ;D.

I also ordered the Division Bell on Vinyl as I don't have that one either.

PH

Ok, Anathema's "Distant Satellites" is in!
Tonight I'll listen to it.

Also couldn't help it, had to buy Steve Hackett's "Spectral Mornings" since the remastered edition was only 6 euros. If I didn't buy it, the total costs of my order would be too low and I would have to pay the 2 euro shipping fee. So, well, you know, I just had to. ::)

Steve's album has a rating of 4.17 on ProgArchives, which is actually quite high. Only "Voyage Of The Acolyte" gets a higher rating (4.21). Which is perfectly understandable, since it's such a nice album!
I can't help but see that there's not much love for Steve here. Or am I very wrong?
I'm sure there are enough Genesis fans around here, so most of you should either know (at least) his first solo album, or should be very VERY ashamed and make sure to fix their errors. :P

keyboardistmatt

Kings X - 'Tape Head'
Life Of Agony - '1989-1999'

Teunis

Ordered the Frost* DVD 'The Rockfield Files'. I've read several positive reviews and after seeing/hearing one track on YouTube I knew enough. Bring it on *horns*.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Nicky007

Got these two new cd's in FONA for 10 DKR each :o

The guy said that they wanted to get rid of them. From 2012 ? That's Denmark for you ::)

Geoff Tate:  Kings & Thieves  (2012)

Slash:  Apocalyptic Love (2012)

Both are pantheon with me, in the sense that Queensrÿche are, and GNR are *horns*

Never listened (properly) to solo albums by these guys. Let's see ... 8)

- Nicky
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Teunis

Quote from: Teunis on Tue, 2014-07-08, 19:01:49
Ordered the Frost* DVD 'The Rockfield Files'. I've read several positive reviews and after seeing/hearing one track on YouTube I knew enough. Bring it on *horns*.
Received a mail today that it has arrived at my local shop. Tomorrow I'll get and enjoy it 8).

Yesterday I also received the album 'Flight Of Fancy' by X-Panda (from Letvia) *horns*.

keyboardistmatt

Kamelot's album 'The Black Halo'

*horns*

maddox

Discipline ~ This One's for England -live-
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Teunis

Just ordered: Von Hertzen Brothers - Nine Lives for just 4,24 euros including shipping costs :D.

Bupie

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Tue, 2014-08-05, 02:19:20
Kamelot's album 'The Black Halo'

*horns*
Good pick

How could I be condemned for the things that I've done if my intentions were good ?

Love those lyrics and the way Roy Khan sings them  *horns*

PH

I recently brought the following albums home:

Neal Morse - "Songs From November"
Opeth - "Pale Communion"
Yes - "Heaven & Earth"

Neal's album is a singer/songwriter album, not unlike his selftitled album and "It's Not Too Late" (which I like a lot!). Just listened to it twice, but thought it was really nice! I know most of the melodies already. It's a fun album. I hope he brings out a Prog album soon though because "Momentum" (2012) was pretty amazing!

Opeth's album I have listened to only once, but I think I'm going to love this. Their previous album "Heritage" was a real change of style and this one is going even further: back to the 70's! I REALLY like all the mellotrons and hammonds on this one. But I have to confess that I do miss the crunchy guitars a bit. Other than that, I encourage the band to go on in this direction!

Yes' new album is frowned upon a lot lately. But I listened to this album a lot during my holidays in the Lake District, England. And I like it very much! It's not proggy at all (many of their albums aren't), but there are enough pleasant melodies to keep me happy. By the way, Jon Davison's voice doesn't remind me of Jon Anderson's at all. He deserves a bit of respect because he was involved in most of the songwriting in this album. I would go as far as to say that this could actually be called a Jon Davison solo album with well known guest musicians.

A big Riverside order is on the way from Poland (rockserwis.pl) to make my Riverside collection complete.

maddox

Quote from: Teunis on Fri, 2014-08-22, 19:10:41
Just ordered: Von Hertzen Brothers - Nine Lives for just 4,24 euros including shipping costs :D.

That's a real bargain!
Nice album btw. ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2014-08-27, 19:56:03
Neal Morse - "Songs From November"
Wasn't too impressed by the soundbytes and song I heard from this album. Decided not to buy it (yet) because of upcoming releases in September and October I really want (Threshold, Pendragon, Knight Area). And I agree, bring on a Neal Morse prog album *horns*.

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2014-08-28, 10:11:22
That's a real bargain!
Nice album btw. ;)
Indeed, couldn't resist for that price.

PH

Yesterday I got both Blind Ego albums, finally.
Not having them was an error I had to set straight.
I think "Mirror" belongs in this imaginary chronology:
2005 - Picture
2006 - Milliontown
2007 - Blind Ego
2008 - The Tall Ships

All excellent debut albums with one common factor, the rising star of 21st century Prog.

Apart from Blind Ego, I also got a mail from Rockserwis.pl that my monster order is on its way to the Netherlands! I expect it to arrive next week. My guess is on tuesday.
Then I plan to have a Riverside marathon. ;D

PH

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2014-09-11, 16:36:21
Apart from Blind Ego, I also got a mail from Rockserwis.pl that my monster order is on its way to the Netherlands! I expect it to arrive next week. My guess is on tuesday.
Then I plan to have a Riverside marathon. ;D

I was right. It's here!
This is what arrived today:

Lunatic Soul - "Lunatic Soul"
Riverside - "Memories In My Head"
Riverside - "Anno Domini High Definition" (Special Edition with live DVD)
and last but not least:
Riverside - "Reality Dream Trilogy", a six disc box including:
disc one - "Out Of Myself"
disc two - "Voices In My Head" (EP)
disc three  - "Second Life Syndrome"
disc four - "Second Live Syndrome" (an excerpt of the "Reality Dream" live disc)
disc five - "Rapid Eye Movement"
disc six - "02 Panic Room" and "Schizophrenic Prayer" (two singles from "Rapid Eye Movement")

8)

Teunis

Wow, that'll be lots of Riverside in the 'now playing' thread ;).

I'll be buying the Threshold album 'For The Journey' on Friday *horns*.

PH

I expect to get Flying Colors' "Second Nature" and Threshold's "For The Journey" today!
Let's see if it happens.

Bupie

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2014-10-03, 10:23:39
I expect to get Flying Colors' "Second Nature" and Threshold's "For The Journey" today!
Let's see if it happens.
Funny, I found the two of them in my mailbox yesterday  :) Before going to bed, I found enough time to play the Threshold's one ... that I did not enjoy much (great artwork but musically nothing new under the sun at first listen). And right now I am playing the Flying Colors that I find much more promising. But these are just first listens ...

Teunis

Just received a mail from my record store. The new Pendragon and Knight Area album will arrive tomorrow. Me happy 8).

PH

Couldn't help myself. I ordered "Z²" by Devin Townsend (3 disc version).
And of course I just HAVE to get the first album "Ziltoid The Omniscient" with it (2 disc version).
I expect to get them tomorrow. ;D

The Butterfly Man

- Dream Theater - Breaking The Fourth Wall (Blu-ray)
- Transatlantic - Kaliveoscope (Blu-ray)

Can't wait to watch them!

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Teunis

Tomorrow I'll buy: Bjørn Riis - Lullabies in a Car Crash. A solo album by Airbag's guitarist. It's in the same style as Airbag, the soundbytes on YouTube are very promising indeed 8). It received the highes possible rate in the prog magazine iO-pages called 'vette krent'. Love this sentence: 'I get the feeling that Bjørn Riis made the best solo album of David Gilmour which the Floyd-guitarist never came to' ;). Can't wait to hear it!

Nicky007

Ordered:

Neal Morse:  Testimony 2
Stiltskin:  She

These were my Room purchases. So that allowed me to order further ;D

Bathory:  Blood Fire Death

One of Byron's faves ;)

Doors:  Strange Days

A super classic !

- Nicky
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God