News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Neal Morse - Sola Scriptura DVD

Started by maddox, Wed, 2008-01-02, 21:42:35

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Yes, it's true: There will be a DVD of Sola Scriptura.  ;)

Recorded live in concert, it will have the following setlist:

*The creation
The good don't last
Open wide the flood gates
The door
The conflict/the conclusion   

The temple of the living god
Another world
The outsider
12 (second half)
Entrance
Inside his presence
The temple of the living god

Testimedley
- overture I / California nights / Somber days / Sing it high / I am willing / Oh to feel him / Rejoice / ...

We all need some light
Wind at my back *

As some of you might know i'm kind of a fan of this guy so it won't be a surprise if you hear me say that it looks pretty awesome if you ask me.  8)

Watch his site to watch a trailer of the DeeVeeDee.  8) *horns* :D

Greetz,

Moi.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Appelmoes??

I've gave Sola another spin again yesterday, but i really don't like the way neal is hanging over to extreme thinking :( I'm pretty sure I won't buy his next album without giving it a proper lyrics investigation. It's such a contradiction to One and ?
I don't think I'll get this dvd either, just because I don't enjoy Sola as much as Neal's other albums.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Nicky007

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Thu, 2008-01-03, 19:15:08
... but i really don't like the way neal is hanging over to extreme thinking :(

Just because Luther beat Calvin ?

;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

You are talking about him throwing rotten tomatoes at Catholic church? (metaphorically speaking of course)

I mean, there was lots of talking about this subject on Neal's forum too.
Did you check that out?

I don't want to raise a big discussion again here, but seriously, do you DENY that the Christian Church (-Catholic being the only Christian Church at that time-) was wrong in that time?
Do you justify the crusades in which many people were slain in the name of God? Do you believe that the sales of indulgences is enough to save you from damnation? Do you believe that burning people to death on a village square is justified just because the Inquisition thinks they're heretics?

Do you believe that Jesus is the only way to salvation? (Solus Christus) Do you believe that authority lies with the Bible instead of church/charismatic leaders? (Sola Scriptura) Do you believe you are saved by grace alone instead of you're own good works? (Sola Gratia) Do you believe that faith is the only way to receive God's grace? (Sola Fide) Do you believe that we should only honour God instead of man? (Soli Deo Gloria)

Do you believe sects still exist?

These are the subjects of Neal Morse's Sola Scriptura album.
I think it's very brave of Neal to do such an honest and daring album.

I'm very much looking forward to this DVD and his following album.

-Paco

Appelmoes??

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2008-01-04, 13:01:29
I don't want to raise a big discussion again here, but seriously, do you DENY that the Christian Church (-Catholic being the only Christian Church at that time-) was wrong in that time?
Do you justify the crusades in which many people were slain in the name of God? Do you believe that the sales of indulgences is enough to save you from damnation? Do you believe that burning people to death on a village square is justified just because the Inquisition thinks they're heretics?
Do you DENY that this was hundreds of friggin' years ago? Why can't Neal just let things be? It doesn't change anything and only brings forth bad feeling towards the catholic church. Unnecessary!
WW2 was 60 years ago and we don't bring that up unnecessary ???
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Fri, 2008-01-04, 16:54:10
Do you DENY that this was hundreds of friggin' years ago? Why can't Neal just let things be? It doesn't change anything and only brings forth bad feeling towards the catholic church. Unnecessary!
WW2 was 60 years ago and we don't bring that up unnecessary ???

Maybe so but we can and should learn things from it. What happened in those ages is basically the same what happens now with fundamentalist Islam's.

"All that's not our truth is a lie". [/shrugs]
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Fri, 2008-01-04, 16:54:10Do you DENY that this was hundreds of friggin' years ago? Why can't Neal just let things be? It doesn't change anything and only brings forth bad feeling towards the catholic church. Unnecessary!
The point is that he doesn't necessarily act towards the Roman Catholic Church as of today. But more towards the Catholic (which means "universal") Church that was wandering in false doctrine back then. Obviously the Church has learned from it, but still there are many sects within the Church (be it Roman Catholic, be it Protestant).

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Fri, 2008-01-04, 16:54:10WW2 was 60 years ago and we don't bring that up unnecessary ???
WW2 has been a learning moment in history. As is the Reformation.
Still every year new movies, songs, books and games about WW2 are produced.
And now there's also music about the Reformation.
I don't see what's so wrong about it.
It's like making a movie about WW2 and everybody complaining that it isn't fair to the Germans...

-Paco

Nicky007

Sola Scriptura is far more about Luther's tribulations than about the malpractices and corruption of the Church at the time. Further, the historical events and conditions mentioned are all certified and well-known.

And let's not forget that the Catholic Church conducted its own Reformation within the Church after 1517, and through the years regretted many of its practices such as the Inquisition and indulgences.

I would think that the present-day Catholic Church wouldnt object to Neal's depiction in Sola. But we'll probably never know, because the officials dont seem to care about Neal and his work.

If there is a Catholic roomie here, it would be interesting to hear his/her take on all this.

Now dont make the conclusion that I'm happy with everything in the Catholic Church. As long as they regard the Pope as infallible ex cathedra, and they dont allow women priests, and dont allow their male priests to marry, I will consider the CC outdated.

These objections are some of the reasons why I'm happy to be a Lutheran  :)

The fact that Christianity is divided up into so many denominations and sects and whatever doesnt bother me at all, since there is mutual respect today. It's a testimony to the freedom and diversity among Christians.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2008-01-04, 18:26:37Sola Scriptura is far more about Luther's tribulations than about the malpractices and corruption of the Church at the time.
Yeah, perhaps you're right, but a fair deal of the lyrics are about the corruption of the Church too.

In The Name Of God for example shows what the Church has fallen into at that time.

All I Ask For is a "worship" song by "Martin Luther".

Mercy For Sale is about the indulgences.

Keep Silent is Luther again who sings his struggles and prays God for help. He makes it clear that he cannot participate in the actions of the Church.

Upon The Door is about the written theses nailed onto the Wittenberg church. Again he makes it clear that the Church was corrupted: "Martin saw the jailor with the woman in her bed".

Do You Know My Name? is about the authority of the church-priests. I particulary like "Look I got two big horns like a lamb" :D

In Party To The Lie the church declares Martin a heretic. They sing "we can't be party to the lie". But Martin (knowing that they are wrong) also sings "I can't be party to the lie". "I'm under the authority of God and not of man."

Underground is again about Martin having to hide from the Inquisition.

Two Down One To Go is very positive about how the Church would eventually come out of darkness. "The woman (the Church) fled into the dark, from the darkness of man's heart. But she's coming from her hideaway, and I (Neal Morse speaking here) believe she still is today". Neal says it was all wrong back then, but fortunately it's getting better and better.

The Vineyard is about the church's plan to kill Martin and burn his books. Then Martin says "You are Babylon the destroyer, you destroyed the truth with all of your lies". He recognises it from the Revelation of John. He realises that Babylon will eventually be beaten and never more will rise.

Already Home tells us how Luther should have felt when he is fighting the false doctrine. But knowing that God is with him he feels like he's already home. It's kind of a worship song really.

Actually I think I'll stop here, because it's quite a lot of course... :P

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2008-01-04, 18:26:37And let's not forget that the Catholic Church conducted its own Reformation within the Church after 1517, and through the years regretted many of its practices such as the Inquisition and indulgences. I would think that the present-day Catholic Church wouldnt object to Neal's depiction in Sola. But we'll probably never know, because the officials dont seem to care about Neal and his work.
This is indeed true. It's not the Catholic Church who wouldn't like this album. Just when you read between the lines you'll know that this album is pointed towards false doctrine in ANY church (also the GKV, Appelmoes?? ;)), since NO Church on Earth is perfect. But we have to search in the Bible to see what God wants for His Church. Some churches are clearly falling away and can be considered sects (like sects where one man is the leader and everything that he says is true... even when the Bible tells different.) I know there are churches where people have to give their daughters to the priest for one night, before she can marry her husband... It's sad but true... These churches exist... And now God (and Neal with Him) says "Come out of her" ("her" being the "whore of Babylon", the false church).

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2008-01-04, 18:26:37The fact that Christianity is divided up into so many denominations and sects and whatever doesnt bother me at all, since there is mutual respect today. It's a testimony to the freedom and diversification among Christians.
Still I wouldn't put sects in this list, Nicky.
I mean, it's ok when people think different of one particular text, but sects are denying whole parts of the Bible and putting new books above the Bible giving them more authority...

-Paco

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2008-01-04, 20:11:30
Still I wouldn't put sects in this list, Nicky.
I mean, it's ok when people think different of one particular text, but sects are denying whole parts of the Bible and putting new books above the Bible giving them more authority...

I agree with you very much here, Paco. If some sectleader presents himself as some sort of reborn Jesus Christ or equal to JC, then I become very sceptical.

And I find that the Bible is rich in guidance to the person of faith. Why not concentrate more on this Book ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sat, 2008-01-05, 13:37:22I agree with you very much here, Paco. If some sectleader presents himself as some sort of reborn Jesus Christ or equal to JC, then I become very sceptical.
Especially when he says that he needs to eat the dry blood of every first born son, and more of that sort of things... there are very strange christian-sects, fortunately not many of them...

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sat, 2008-01-05, 13:37:22And I find that the Bible is rich in guidance to the person of faith. Why not concentrate more on this Book ?

:D Indeed Nicky!

-Paco