News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

The diary of an Englishman

Started by funkster, Thu, 2010-01-21, 14:13:00

Previous topic - Next topic

funkster

.......RECENTLY MOVED TO THE SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS.

OUR FIRST WINTER

DEC 20TH: It's starting to snow. The first of the season and the first we've seen for years. The wife and I took out our hot toddies and sat on the porch watching the fluffy soft flakes drift gently down clinging to the trees and covering the ground. It's so beautiful and peaceful.

DEC 24th: We awoke to a lovely blanket of crystal white glistening snow covering as far as the eye could see. What a fantastic sight, every tree and bush covered with a beautiful white mantle. I shovelled snow for the first time ever and loved it. I did both our driveway and the pavement. Later that day a snowplough came along and accidentally covered up our driveway with compacted snow from the street. The driver smiled and waved. I waved back and shovelled it away again. The children next door built a snowman with coal for eyes and a carrot for a nose, and had a snowball fight, a couple just missed me and hit the car so I threw a couple back and joined in their fun.

DEC 26th: It snowed an additional 5 inches last night and the temperature dropped to around minus 8 degrees. Several branches on our trees and bushes snapped due to the weight of the snow. I shovelled our driveway again. Shortly afterwards the snowplough came by and did his trick again. Much of the snow is now a brownish - grey.

JAN 1st: Warmed up enough during the day to create some slush which soon became ice when the temperature dropped again. Bought snow tyres for both our cars £500. Fell on my arse in the driveway. £100 to a physio but nothing was broken.

JAN 5th: Still cold. Sold the wife's car and bought her a 4x4 to get her to work. She slid into a wall and did considerable damage to the right wing - £2000 . Had another 8 inches of white sh*te last night. Both vehicles are covered in salt and iced up slush . That bastard snowplough came by twice today. Where's that bloody shovel.

JAN 9th: More f**king snow. Not a tree or bush on our property that hasn't been damaged. Power was off most of the night. Tried to keep from freezing to death with candles and a paraffin heater which tipped over and nearly torched the house. I managed to put the flames out but suffered 2nd Degree burns on my hands. Lost all my eye brows and eyelashes. Car hit a f**king deer on the way to casualty and was written off.

JAN 13th: f**king bastard white sh*te just keeps on coming down. Have to put on every article of clothing just to go to the post box. The little ***** next door ambushed me with snowballs on the way back - I'll shove that carrot so far up the little pricks arse it'll take a good surgeon 6 hours to find it. If I ever catch that fuckpig that drives the snowplough I'll chew open his chest and rip out his heart with my teeth. I think the bastard hides around the corner and waits for me to finish shovelling and then he accelerates down the street like Michael 'f**king' Schumacher and buries the f**king driveway again.

JAN 17th: 16 more sodding inches of f**king snow and f**king ice and f**king sleet and god knows what other white sh*te fell last night. I am in court in 3 months time for assaulting the snowplough driver with an ice - pick.
Can't move my f**king toes or my twatting fingers. Haven't seen the sun for 5 bastard weeks. Minus 20 and more f**king snow forecast.

f**k THIS, I'M MOVING BACK TO LONDON !!

Bupie

Nice post, Funkster with some kind of Jem Godfrey's style  :)

By the way, I like snow ... sometimes.

Nicky007

;D ;D ;D

Nice, Funkster.

Nooow ... I'm just wondering if this is some allegory on God and the way He treats His children  ???

And the way we treat His: The replacement of "the wife's car" with the "4x4" would be our replacement of Moses with Jesus, and then bangin Him up  :o

The "snow" would be His mixed Grace  :-\

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

funkster

Interesting view Nicky

Or it could just be a joke  ;)

I am off to a messy church tonight with the family which should be fun  ;D

Nicky007

;D

Funkster, you never tell us who's who. I mean, it's obvious where God is in the game, but your other protagonists are never introduced  ???

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me