News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Spotify

Started by PH, Tue, 2016-04-12, 17:19:30

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

OK guys, Spotify was mentioned a few times last couple of days so I was wondering. What's so great about it?

I registered for an account and now have seven days to try premium. I must say it's really nice to have this kind of service. I can listen to full albums before I decide to buy something, which I like.

But after this seven days, I fall back into a free account. Which means I can only listen to bands and artists in shuffle mode. And after 30 minutes I get advertisements. It's still okay, but when an artist has released twenty albums it can be a bit tiresome.

Also, some artists don't have that many albums on it. Biggest example for me is Neal Morse. So it seems there's a lot missing.

What do you think of it? Is it helping the artists? Or is it ruining the music industry? Is it worth the 10 euros per month? Or should I stick with the free account?

Teunis

I also have a free account, for me it's also a way to hear (just released) albums and to decide if I will buy it or not. Don't know if it's temporarily, but the last two weeks I haven't heard commercials anymore. Indeed, some artist won't share music on Spotify. Some (Prog)streaming sites are linked to Spotify and I do use these a lot. I really like this way of discovering new albums and some artist's backcatalogues.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

What do you mean by streaming sites that are linked to Spotify?

Nicky007

Ms 007 got Spotify Premium. (She's Swedish, lives in Malmö - remember?) Like it a lot. I can find pretty much all the stuff I'm interested in there, and as you guys say, one can test - and enjoy - music before buying cd's.

So with this and that, I haven't bought a dull cd for ages :)

- Nicky
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2016-04-12, 21:57:48
What do you mean by streaming sites that are linked to Spotify?
E.g. Allstreaming.nl. If you want to play an album, you are directed to Spotify. You must have an account to hear the album.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

I think I'll try a premium account for one month (30 days for free). And if i like it, I'll extend.

Anyone with a premium account?

Nicky007

Yeah, Paxi, as I wrote: Ms 007 has a premium account. I find it very useful, I can find almost all the stuff that interests me there, and I definitely appreciate being able to listen to full albums without interruptions. I can recommend it to you, I'm sure you'll be using it a lot :)

Spotify has Wintersun Time, but not Kalisia Cybion - probably because Spotify is Swedish. Both these albums are very much ignored - yeah, people just don't want to risk their comfort zone :(

I found Cybion on YouTube. Seems to me that YouTube has pretty much everything, even very obscure stuff, some of the popular stuff even in several copies.

I simply don't get how all this information is stored :o

- Nicky
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me