News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

A birthday wish...

Started by keyboardistmatt, Sat, 2005-10-15, 17:01:06

Previous topic - Next topic

johninblack

Quote from: Steve Jones on Mon, 2009-03-23, 14:42:08
Happy BupieDay!!!!! ;D

That looks a very good way to express ones wishes ;D Have a great day Bupie.

Bupie

The drawing makes me think of my three kids, thanks  :)

I already had a glass of wine at noon, I guess I'll have a few more tonight on you guys  ;)

Maybe even a very local beer (15 km away from my village) on Nicky : http://www.markusbiere.com/   ;D

Manatee

Happy Bupday!  Since you're several hours ahead of me, hopefully you're already celebrating.
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

The Butterfly Man

Happy birthday Bupie!!! Although monday isn't really a day to have a big party, I hope you still have a great day! :)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Teunis

Hi Bupie, wishing you a Happy Birthday! Hope you have/had a nice day, best wishes.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Mon, 2009-03-23, 17:19:14
Maybe even a very local beer (15 km away from my village) on Nicky : http://www.markusbiere.com/   ;D

Right, Bups, beer is a passion with me. Music is another btw. And my lovely lady Ms 007  :-*

Hey, those Markus beers look real good mmmmm. What are they like, Bups ?  Gotta check up whether I can get'm in Copenhagen.

I'm actually addicted to Guinness these days. Just had my friend Jacob over, and somehow the Guinness cans just vanished from my fridge. (That seems to happen on the other side of the pond too. I wonder where they go - to Guinness heaven ? ) Well, luckily I got a bit left in my glass.

So cheers, Bups, my old roomie friend  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Manatee

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2009-03-23, 23:37:48
I'm actually addicted to Guinness these days. Just had my friend Jacob over, and somehow the Guiness cans just vanished from my fridge. (That seems to happen on the other side of the pond too.

Yes, yes it does.    *horns*

I wonder where they go - to Guinness heaven ? )

I can think or worse places to end up than somewhere with pale red-haired lasses bringing an unlimited supply of fresh draught Guinness.   I suppose I really need to visit Ireland one of these days.   ;D

Nicky007

There might even be some further attractions, Greenie  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Iggy

I'm actually addicted to Guinness these days. Just had my friend Jacob over, and somehow the Guinness cans just vanished from my fridge. (That seems to happen on the other side of the pond too. I wonder where they go - to Guinness heaven ? ) Well, luckily I got a bit left in my glass.

Nicky.

It is addictive  ;D. Mustt get down to the supermarket.

Bupie

Hey, those Markus beers look real good mmmmm. What are they like, Bups ?  Gotta check up whether I can get'm in Copenhagen.
So cheers, Bups, my old roomie friend  :)

Nicky.

Thanks to everybody. I had a great evening at home with my life partner and the little Louise and we drunk a bottle of white whine, Alsace's Tokay to be more precise.

As for the Markus, I doubt you will find it in Demmark but I'll offer you an assortment when you come to visit (or the opposite). I especially like the Blanche but I think that, as for music, it will be toolight for your taste  ;D

Steve Jones

I'm actually addicted to Guinness these days.

I have it on my cereal for breakfast every morning, instead of milk. I tell people this is because I'm lactose-intolerant.  I think they believe me ;) ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Steve Jones on Tue, 2009-03-24, 10:50:11
I have it on my cereal for breakfast every morning, instead of milk. I tell people this is because I'm lactose-intolerant.  I think they believe me ;) ;D

But when you have to throw up after the combination of cereal and Guinness you can't blame the milk anymore... ;)

Tom

Steve Jones

Throw up?  What kind of talk is that for the breakfast table? ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Steve Jones on Tue, 2009-03-24, 12:03:29
Throw up?  What kind of talk is that for the breakfast table? ;D

Well, I would throw up if I had cereal with Guinness, breakfast table or not... ;)

Tom

Nicky007

Tom, you aint makin sense. Do I have to tellya that beer is made of mainly barley, which is . ...... guess what ?  ::) ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2009-03-24, 15:19:14
Tom, you aint makin sense. Do I have to tellya that beer is made of mainly barley, which is . ...... guess what ?  ::) ;D

No way!!! :o

;D

Steve Jones

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Tue, 2009-03-24, 15:22:00
No way!!! :o
;D

Yes, it's true.  Barley is actually made from puke.  You heard it here first! ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

PH

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2009-03-24, 10:44:15
and we drunk a bottle of white whine

Has anyone complained? ;D

Bupie

:P  Hmm, my poor English is bothering me again.

Yes, we drank it and were quite drunk afterwards but nobody complained, rather the opposite  :)

Steve Jones

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2009-03-24, 16:35:58
Hmm, my poor English is bothering me again.

I think you'll find your English is far better than that of half the people leaving school over here.  Don't worry about it! 8)

Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2009-03-24, 16:35:58
:P  Hmm, my poor English is bothering me again.

Quote from: Steve Jones on Tue, 2009-03-24, 16:52:10
I think you'll find your English is far better than that of half the people leaving school over here.  Don't worry about it! 8)

Here as well.  In general, I'm very impressed with the English of all you Roomies for whom English is not your native language.  I know some Spanish from school, but I certainly can't speak or write it at the level of your English.  I don't know if we're just lazy here or if it has something to do with Europeans all living relatively close to countries that have different languages.  Either way, I salute you with a Guinness (which I'll have to buy later as I'm out of it again).   ;D

PH

Quote from: Manatee on Tue, 2009-03-24, 19:25:34
Here as well.  In general, I'm very impressed with the English of all you Roomies for whom English is not your native language.  I know some Spanish from school, but I certainly can't speak or write it at the level of your English.  I don't know if we're just lazy here or if it has something to do with Europeans all living relatively close to countries that have different languages.  Either way, I salute you with a Guinness (which I'll have to buy later as I'm out of it again).   ;D

There are a lot of explanations possible.
But one main explanation for sure is that we (Dutchies) get a lot of English at school (primary school, secondary school, and college) and tv programmes and computer games aren't overdubbed, like they do in many countries.
And English is one of my interests as well.

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Tue, 2009-03-24, 19:25:34
Either way, I salute you with a Guinness (which I'll have to buy later as I'm out of it again).   ;D

I second that!  Cheers! ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

keyboardistmatt

The English from our school leavers is terrible.  And what the hell is this txt talk?  And leet or 1337?? WTF? ??? 
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Steve Jones

Peter!  Happy birthday! *horns* *horns* *horns*
Regards, Steve Jones