News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Gigs

Started by Teunis, Thu, 2014-08-07, 19:58:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Teunis

Quote from: Teunis on Tue, 2017-05-16, 18:06:50
Blackbriar/Kingfisher Sky (14th October, 't Ukien, Kampen)
Unfortunately Kingfisher Sky cancelled their tour to concentrate on their new album, it will take place next year. Beyond God, an other female fronted (gothic) metal band replaced them. They were the support act now and played about 45 minutes. Really enjoyed their show, goosebumps at the first track. The female vocalist, begin twenties, had a beautiful voice (and looks ::)). Just wow. Their set was way too short as far as I'm concerned.
Blackbriar, never heard of them before, seems to be well known though. I noticed a single of them has 5,2 million views on YouTube! Well, they really know how to play their instruments, but it was a bit too heavy for my taste. The (also good looking) singer reminded me a bit of Kate Bush, but her way of singing was a bit over the top. They played an hour and a half. I had a great evening anyway, didn't regret going (walking) to the venue :). Sadly their were about 35 people attending the gig.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

maddox

Went to the Ayreon Universe concert last Friday, it really was spectacular. Had a great time.  :)
Now I want to go to the Pendragon concert in Zoetermeer, Netherlands. Arena is on the roll as well.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Teunis

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2017-09-18, 15:24:37
Went to the Ayreon Universe concert last Friday, it really was spectacular. Had a great time.  :)
My brother went on Sunday and told exactly the same ;). Cool!

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Tue, 2017-09-19, 19:14:38
Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2017-09-18, 15:24:37
My brother went on Sunday and told exactly the same ;). Cool!

My colleague also went to the Sunday show and she also said the same.
She also said that Damian Wilson wanted to kiss her right after she gave away her last beer coin to him.
She said she didn't like that. ;D

maddox

It really was beyond awesome.  *horns*
I only ordered one ticket but in retrospect, that was a huge mistake.
Should've bought three tickets, for the three shows.

Arjen said that although he's not really thrilled to perform on stage any time, even he believed that this wouldn't be a one-off.
There will be more Ayreon shows in the future.
Lets see if he can keep that promise. ;)

Teunis

Beyond God/Blackbriar, 14th October. Venue: 't Ukien in Kampen, The Netherlands.
Unfortunately Kingfisher Sky cancelled their tour to concentrate on their new album, it will take place next year. Beyond God, an other female fronted (gothic) metal band replaced them. They were the support act now and played about 45 minutes. Really enjoyed their show, goosebumps at the first track. The female vocalist, begin twenties, had a beautiful voice (and looks ::)). Just wow. Their set was way too short as far as I'm concerned.
Blackbriar, never heard of them before, seems to be well known though. I noticed a single of them has 5,2 million views on YouTube! Well, they really know how to play their instruments, but it was a bit too heavy for my taste. The (also good looking) singer reminded me a bit of Kate Bush, but her way of singing was a bit over the top. They played an hour and a half. I had a great evening anyway, didn't regret going (walking) to the venue :). Sadly their were about 35 people attending the gig

Teunis

Purchased tickets for Symfo Classics (27th December), Infloyd (2nd February), Bjorn Riis (24th February) and Arena (4th May). Really love attending gigs *horns*.

Teunis

Attended the gig of the Pink Floyd coverband Infloyd yesterday evening @ Hedon Zwolle. They played the entire albums 'The Final Cut' and 'Animals' and many more songs like 'Wish You Were Here', 'Comfortably Numb' and 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond'. Needless to say I had a great evening, it was awesome! Highly recommended, it's unlikely that we see the 'old masters' playing live again, this performance was very close. Just wow 8).

Teunis

Attended the Bjørn Riis gig in Helmond yesterday evening. The guitarist from the Norwegian band Airbag released his solo EP 'Coming Home'. Bought it there and had it signed by him. It was a great evening with both solo and Airbag classics!

Teunis

Some exciting gigs I'm looking forward to:
Symfo Classics - 23-12-2018 @ Hedon Zwolle
Kayak - 22-02-2019 @ Hedon Zwolle
Riverside - 26-03-2019 @ Hedon Zwolle

maddox

Quote from: Teunis on Tue, 2018-11-13, 19:18:28

Cool.
So will I.

And... Haken next year, and Muse as well.
For starters.  *horns*

Teunis

Quote from: Teunis on Tue, 2018-11-13, 19:18:28
That was yesterday. What a great evening it was. Crystal clear sound and a band in top form  *horns* 8). Enjoyed every second of it and obviously the band did. It was almost sold out, great atmosphere!

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2018-12-10, 12:22:53
Cool.
So will I.
So did you go?

Next stop: Damian Wilson & Adam Wakeman on 7th April @ Hedon Zwolle

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Wed, 2019-03-27, 19:15:12
That was yesterday. What a great evening it was. Crystal clear sound and a band in top form  *horns* 8). Enjoyed every second of it and obviously the band did. It was almost sold out, great atmosphere!
Cool Teunis!
At the same time I was at the Neal Morse Band concert in Tilburg! Which was pretty awesome too I must say!

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2019-03-27, 20:22:53
At the same time I was at the Neal Morse Band concert in Tilburg! Which was pretty awesome too I must say!
I do certainly believe that 8). Lately it's Tilburg or/and Zoetermeer with Neal Morse (Band). Way too far for me. Saw him in 2011 in Zwolle. Would love to see them again.

Teunis

Attended the Damian Wilson & Adam Wakeman gig in Zwolle yesterday and had a great time. What a voice Damian has, goosebumps and at one track he moved me to tears 8). Bought the album 'Stripped' and had it signed by Damian. Top evening *horns*. Now I have to wait till 12th May for Kayak to perform @ Hedon Zwolle.

erik

Busy with attending gigs this week, Supersister Project @Paard on Monday, Dare @Cacaofabriek yesterday and Arena @Boerderij coming up Saturday 😎😅
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

erik

Yesterdays gig at the Boerderij was excellent, I particularly enjoyed Elijah Shade (obviously 8)) and also the 'oldies' Welcome To The Cage, Chosen and Friday's Dream in the set.

Setlist 
Welcome to the Cage
A Crack in the Ice
Chosen
Witch Hunt
Skin Game
Bedlam Fayre
The Legend of Elijah Shade
The Mirror Lies
Poisoned
Friday's Dream
The Tinder Box
(Don't Forget to) Breathe
Solomon

Encore:
Enemy Without
Crying for Help VII
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Teunis

Quote from: erik on Sun, 2019-04-14, 15:00:55
Yesterdays gig at the Boerderij was excellent, I particularly enjoyed Elijah Shade (obviously 8)) and also the 'oldies' Welcome To The Cage, Chosen and Friday's
That's a cool setlist indeed 8) *horns*

Teunis

Attended a gig of the Dutch sympho pride 'Kayak' @ Hedon Zwolle. It was a great evening with old and new songs. After the break I moved to an other place, because a few people keeped on talking. Let them go to a pub >:(. Fortunately on the new place the people came to enjoy music :).

Teunis

Purchased tickets for the Leprous gig @ Hedon Zwolle on 2nd November and Infloyd (Dutch Pink Floyd cover band) on 27th November, same venue *horns* 8).

maddox

Next stop is Halestorm, musichall Amsterdam.
After that:

• Flying Colors, 013 Tilburg
  • Dream Theater, musichall Amsterdam

And I'm thinking about going to the Iq show in Zoetermeer.

Teunis

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2019-10-19, 09:55:09
And I'm thinking about going to the Iq show in Zoetermeer.
So far away from me :-\. Speaking of that, Pendragon announced a gig on 15th April in Zwolle, 15 kilometres from where I live. I could go by bike, will certainly go. I have seen them twice, but always in Zoetermeer. So happy  8) *horns*.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2019-10-19, 09:55:09

• Flying Colors, 013 Tilburg

I'm also going to that one! Looking much forward to it!

Teunis

Went to the Infloyd gig on Wednesday. All the classics have been played like 'Another Brick In The Wall', 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond' and 'Wish You Were Here'. They played for more than two hours, I had a blast *horns* 8). Next stop: Blind Ego/Kingcrow on 4th March, same venue (Hedon Zwolle).

maddox

Quote from: Teunis on Fri, 2019-11-29, 20:18:07
... Next stop: Blind Ego/Kingcrow on 4th March, same venue (Hedon Zwolle).

I think i'll be there as well. :)

Went to some concerts in the past year.
Muse, Halestorm (with In This Moment as special guests and they were awesome.)

January started quite good with the concert of Dream Theater at Afas, Amsterdam.
It was a great concert, played Scenes from a Memory it its entirety but James LaBrie did a poor job singing it all.
He has always been the weakest link in the band but now he's getting older and it's getting worse.