News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

500+ members

Started by HelenDo, Tue, 2006-07-04, 13:37:20

Previous topic - Next topic

HelenDo

Looking at the member stats of this forum there are now over 500 members  8)

However, looking back over postings its pretty much the same group of people who post on a regular basis  ???

Even looking at the forthcoming birthdays list, there are names I don't recognise

It would be cool if those of you that read this forum, but don't post, introduced yourselves and said hi  ;)

A similar post was put on the Marillion forum recently and it prompted lots of people to start posting.

Helenxxx

Appelmoes??

I think part of the reason that some people just post a few post and then don't return is because there is such a tight group of regular posters. It's hard to get in that group if you don't have the time to read most of the post's, so you miss a lot of the 'inside-comments'.
But as with most band-fora, after of during a tour there are always a lot of new faces and some stay to become regulars :)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Over 500 members. Great great great!

Well, I think Appelmoes is right. Although there's so much to talk about here. When Arena isn't touring or doesn't have a new album, there's still plenty of other things to talk about. For example about Marillion's many releases... ::)
And of course the "Off topic" chats, which is the subforum where the most things are said with (of course) the Now Playing Thread being the top of the posts.

Every guest that watches this topic should register now, and become an active member! (and also everybody else should stay active of course!)

johninblack

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2006-07-04, 16:25:53
also everybody else should stay active of course!

Quite right, I try to stay as active as possible and so should everyone else ;)

Cyborg-Frask

500 members...woohoo

*ola* That's quite an achievement....

Hmm wierd that not everyone is a regulair poster.....it's such a nice community :P

maddox

This indeed is a milestone in the shattered room history.  8) *horns*

Up to the next 500!!!  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Peter

Most members seem to have registered to be able to use the "unread posts since last visit" feature. Which is only fair, cos you don't see it without being a member.

Looking at the number of posts, we seem to have around 20-30 "core members", who really post on a regular basis. To dig out, who is online with their account how often and actually reads topics is a hard thing to do, which would take a few hours of database querying, which I have no nerves for now :) I've been told that 5% is a good quota for the number of regular posters.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

HelenDo

I only posted this cuz I thought it might stimulate a bit of discussion  ;D

...... oh well that didn't work then  ::)

Off to the Frost* forum for me  ;)

Helenxxx

maddox

Hey, on this topic we are talking about the fact that we have reached 500 members, which must be about 550 by now but when i look at the member list i see this:

Quote from: '"The Shattered Room"Total Members: 462
Latest Member: LoveMeAll

Did you delete some strange and unusual accounts, Peter?

Peter

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2006-08-21, 09:33:17
Hey, on this topic we are talking about the fact that we have reached 500 members, which must be about 550 by now but when i look at the member list i see this:

Did you delete some strange and unusual accounts, Peter?

Yes. We had lots of "spammers" registered as of late. I deleted (and still am deleting) those who had strange nicks, like with sexual hints, or with gaming background etc. It's a real problem. The next version of the forum software will feature "Captcha" for the registration process, which should make it very hard (never say impossible...) for so called "bots" to register automatically. It's a little image with letters in it that have to be entered correctly upon registration, otherwise registration will fail.

I also plan to delete some of those who registered but who were never online. Those who were not online for a long time will get an email...

PH

Quote from: Peter on Mon, 2006-08-21, 10:19:40
Yes. We had lots of "spammers" registered as of late. I deleted (and still am deleting) those who had strange nicks, like with sexual hints, or with gaming background etc.

What's wrong with a gaming background? ;D
Metal Gear Solid and Command & Conquer are the best!!!!!1!!!11!!!11!12

Quote from: Peter on Mon, 2006-08-21, 10:19:40It's a real problem. The next version of the forum software will feature "Captcha" for the registration process, which should make it very hard (never say impossible...) for so called "bots" to register automatically. It's a little image with letters in it that have to be entered correctly upon registration, otherwise registration will fail.

I also plan to delete some of those who registered but who were never online. Those who were not online for a long time will get an email...

Good idea! That'll show them! >:( ;D

Peter

maddox

Currently: 458 members and dropping.  :-\

;D

Proglady

Quote from: Peter on Mon, 2006-08-21, 10:19:40

I'm still here so please don't delete me!  ::)

Peter

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2006-08-24, 23:10:26
Currently: 458 members and dropping.  :-\

;D

yes, still sorting out the weeds...   :-\

maddox

And we got a new record!  :D

Most on line users, 75 - Today.  *horns*

Just wanted to let you know.  ;D

Bupie

I just logged in to try to make it up 76  ;)  That's the kind of duty where slaves can be useful ...

maddox

Quote from: Bupie on Sun, 2006-12-10, 18:14:00
I just logged in to try to make it up 76  ;)  That's the kind of duty where slaves can be useful ...

Keep going Bupie. :D

One day you'll make it to be a king.  ;)

Appelmoes??

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2006-12-10, 17:59:08

*ola*

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2006-12-10, 17:59:08

Huh, great! More people should post, though...!  *horns*

PH

Aren't that those bots again you talked about before Peter?

Peter

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2006-12-10, 19:11:37
Aren't that those bots again you talked about before Peter?

Looks like, yeah... "Inktomi" is heavily indexing this forum ...

Ayreonfreak

Hi I'm new here, but not in the world of 'prog fora's". Let me introduce myself, although I saw here some familiar names, Appelmoes??, Nijntje rocks, Maddox. I think we're at the same fora's..... ;D
Well, I'm 34 years old, married, 2 children and 1 "incoming", and I live in the east of the Netherlands. I pay my house and car by being a chef cook-restaurant manager. My passion besides my wife and kids ;) is music, and as you all guys I think, progrock.
Which bands? Ayreon offcourse, Marillion, Pendragon, Porcupine tree, Riverside, Knight Area, Sylvan, Stream of Passion, Lacuna Coil, etc etc, but also non prog bands like Coldplay, Keane, Faithless, Dido have my interests

A friend attentioned me a few months ago at Arena. I heard of them a long time ago, but I never put my interest in the band until my friend send me some samples. Bought the visitor and Songs from the lion Cage and I was overwhelmed! I played The Visitor a whole week in my car, and that's a real compliment because I usually change a cd in one or two days....! Also get myself Contagion and damm :'( why didn't I get this before! I hope they will soon come to The Netherlands for a show so I can see them live!

Hope to speak to you all soon!

Appelmoes??

Welcome to the Shattered room! May you enjoy *horns*

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

Welcome, Ayreonfreak. Have a good time around here  ;D