News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Arena music at my wedding

Started by Ian Lay, Fri, 2005-09-09, 22:53:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Lay

As both Heidi and myself are Arena fans we have decided to dispense with the normal wedding music and have music by Arena (with a Pink Floyd track thrown in for good measure).  We are getting married next week.

So when Heidi is walking down the aisle, over the music system in our Church will come Serenity.  Whilst we are signing the register Shine on Crazy Diamonds Part 1 will be playing.  And as we leave the church togther Ascension will be playing.  One because I like the song and the other because the lyrics seem appropriate.  Particularly when it says:

" Are you ready to part the veil?
And write a new beginning to this tale"

I wonder if this is the first time that Arena's music has been played in a church or at a wedding?

Cheers,

Ian
Worrying is like a rocking chair, it takes you for a ride, but gets you nowhere.

johninblack

Excellent choice! I hope it all goes really well for you both.

Peter

Good idea. Be sure to tape it on video and let us see some of it :)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Appelmoes??

Cool!
I'm sure my girlfriend will not let me get away with that :-\
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Ian Lay

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Sat, 2005-09-10, 11:09:00
Cool!
I'm sure my girlfriend will not let me get away with that :-\

You never know.  Just seed the idea in her mind and keep coming back to it.  You never know she might just crack under the pressure!  :D

Quote from: Peter on Sat, 2005-09-10, 10:08:54
Good idea. Be sure to tape it on video and let us see some of it :)

LOL. Unfortunately Peter nobody who's going has a video camera.  Besides Heidi doesn't like being videoed.  Beleive me I've tried... but that's another story.....  :D

Cheers,

Ian
Worrying is like a rocking chair, it takes you for a ride, but gets you nowhere.

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Ian Lay on Sun, 2005-09-11, 21:53:44
LOL. Unfortunately Peter nobody who's going has a video camera.  Besides Heidi doesn't like being videoed.  Beleive me I've tried... but that's another story.....  :D
Ahum...:

"You never know.  Just seed the idea in her mind and keep coming back to it.  You never know she might just crack under the pressure!  :D"

8)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

ace

Quote from: Ian Lay on Fri, 2005-09-09, 22:53:37
I wonder if this is the first time that Arena's music has been played in a church or at a wedding?

I can be pretty sure, wonder if i can make the second time but... have to find a girlfiend that likes Arena.
"Mess with the best, die like the rest"

Ian Lay

Well my Heidi became an Arena fan because I liked them.  But I had an advantage in the fact that she already liked Fish era Marillion.

Cheers,

Ian

Wiebe

Hi there, wherever you are.
My wife (we've married 5 years ago in Brussels, but we're both Dutch) went twice to a concert of Arena. First time at Biebob in Vosselaar, second time somewhere in Wallonie, forgot the place.
She really liked it, she was dancing and enjoying it to the max. I was flabbergasted by the musical and physical performance. It was in the time that "The Visitor" was brought to the world and I really became a big fan.

Although I discoverd Arena in a Brussels library together with Pendragon, probably the album covers did the trick, because I never heard the music at the time. I already was a big fan of Marillion since their "Season's end" album.
Anyway, after Contagious she found Arena too heavy, what a waste. Since then I visit the the concerts by myself. As I live in between Rotterdam and Zoetermeer and The Hague I already saw them twice in Zoetermeer.

Last time I saw them was during their 10th Anniversary Tour in December. I spoke to all the guys after the concert and had an annoucment poster of the concert on which they all put their autographes. Great, at this moment I can look at the poster with all their autogr. including the ones of two former Arena members.

Anyway, I will drag my wife to Arena next year (2006) when they will come to the Netherlands or Belgium.

By the way, we didn't have our wedding dj played Arena songs because we thought too much of our guests. What a waste when I think of it afterwards.

Anyway, it sounds maybe strange, but now I'm thinking of a good song for my funeral. A bit early as I'm 38 years old/young and have 2 little children (girl of 4 and boy of 2) that will be raised with loads of different kinds of music: progressive rock, 70's and 80's music, and even heavy metal and progressive metal (like Threshold, Kamelot and some great modern German metal bands).

Take care, enjoy (Arena) at the max,
Wiebe  ;D

JJ II

We had some acoustic instrumental tracks played in the church, before we entered. Isolation was one of them... :)

kmorse

Some years later some people, upon reflection on their marriage, might say "The Hanging Tree" would have been a good processional piece.
I'm falling.....Falling down again!

Peter

Quote from: kmorse on Thu, 2006-02-09, 03:15:19
Some years later some people, upon reflection on their marriage, might say "The Hanging Tree" would have been a good processional piece.

LOL..... you speak out of experience...?!
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

kmorse

Quote from: Peter on Thu, 2006-02-09, 09:12:28
LOL..... you speak out of experience...?!

Not my own, but others. I am happily married. :)
I'm falling.....Falling down again!