News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Now watching

Started by funkster, Mon, 2009-11-09, 17:03:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Teunis

Yesterday I've been watching the Gazpacho DVD 'live at Loreley'. Cool stuff, though I find it a shame that the violin part is missing in the track 'Tick Tock'  ::). Now it's a guitar solo. Nice, but not as goosebumpish as the violin there  ;).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Iggy

Quote from: Teunis on Wed, 2010-01-13, 19:31:19
Yesterday I've been watching the Gazpacho DVD 'live at Loreley'. Cool stuff, though I find it a shame that the violin part is missing in the track 'Tick Tock'  ::). Now it's a guitar solo. Nice, but not as goosebumpish as the violin there  ;).

So is it a big thumbs up though?

maddox

Quote from: Teunis on Wed, 2010-01-13, 19:31:19

Bugger.

Still haven't received it.  :'(
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Teunis

Quote from: Iggy on Wed, 2010-01-13, 22:30:03
So is it a big thumbs up though?
Definitely! The singer doesn't have charisma like f.e. Rob Sowden or Peter Nicholls (IQ), but his voice is great and that's what counts!

Iggy

Quote from: Teunis on Thu, 2010-01-14, 21:07:28
Definitely! The singer doesn't have charisma like f.e. Rob Sowden or Peter Nicholls (IQ), but his voice is great and that's what counts!

Wonder how long before it is on Amazon.

Bupie

Just came back from the cinema with my kids where we saw Avatar. And that was just stunning. An adventure, really  8) 8) 8)

maddox

Quote from: Bupie on Sun, 2010-01-17, 19:25:50
Just came back from the cinema with my kids where we saw Avatar. And that was just stunning. An adventure, really  8) 8) 8)

I've heard people say that it's basically the story of Pocahontas but then in a different dimension.  ???

Loads of different reviews about the film. Must be a good thing.

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Sun, 2010-01-17, 19:25:50

Stunning is the word.

I saw the 3D version (the real McCoy) with Ms 007, and we were totally transfixed for two hours. The last 40 minutes we could'v done without - gruesome! - but I guess that JC is bound up with the gamers  :-\

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Bupie

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2010-01-17, 20:52:05
I've heard people say that it's basically the story of Pocahontas but then in a different dimension.  ???

You can see it like that but I would say that the story is not the most important thing here ... but it is good enough not to prevent you from enjoying what you see. And what you see -in 3D of course, that is what makes it really extraordinary- is, as Nicky confirmed, stunning. I could have done without the final  "starship troopers style" battle too but I guess it would have reduced the spectrum of potential costumers.

Anyway, go and see it : it's a safe pick. And if you don't like it, I pay you the ticket back, promised  ;)

funkster

Watched Wallander last night and i will watch Law and Order UK tonight

funkster

Watched Dr Who and the horror at fang Rock at the weekend - Tom Bakertastic !!!

they do not make them like that anymore  :(

Bupie

I finally found something that the Empress likes as much as I do : The Rome series. We are on a basis of two episodes each evening. I have already seen both seasons but it is so well written that I have a great pleasure to watch it again.

aswas

Today is Steve Hackett Day. So I am going to watch The Toyko Tapes, and then Once Above a Time. I can watch them back to back because they are so different. Once Above a Time is all out electric madness at times. I like the different styles also between the keys players Julian Colbeck and Roger King. They are both awesome if you like Hackett
don't fly... too close to the sun

Draco chimera

Now watching the clip for Uprising from Muse. I used to know that their clips were pretty strange, but I didn't expect THAT.  :o
See by yourselves : http://muse.mu/media-player/singles/45/uprising/
Let your conscience decide !

Teunis

Pendragon - Concerto Maximo

maddox

Quote from: Draco chimera on Thu, 2010-02-04, 19:17:46
Now watching the clip for Uprising from Muse. I used to know that their clips were pretty strange, but I didn't expect THAT.  :o
See by yourselves : http://muse.mu/media-player/singles/45/uprising/

Yeah, that's a good video indeed.
I've already seen it on eh ahum...mtv [ :-[ ;)] and i was also surprised about the quality of it.

Peter

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2010-02-05, 19:40:51
Yeah, that's a good video indeed.
I've already seen it on eh ahum...mtv [ :-[ ;)] and i was also surprised about the quality of it.

Yeah, cool video, indeed. Although I really wanted to see something explode at the end.... :P
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Draco chimera

Quote from: Peter on Sun, 2010-02-07, 12:51:29
Yeah, cool video, indeed. Although I really wanted to see something explode at the end.... :P
Yeah, that would have been fun.  :P Anyways, almost all the clips from Muse are strange....  ??? This is rather cool having a so famous rock band doing something original, in their music as well as their music videos.  :)
Let your conscience decide !

aswas

IQ  The DVD from the Frequency CD release. It was my first look at IQ, and I really enjoyed it. It was recorded pretty good. Sounded good on headphones

maddox

Yesterday i've been watching the dvd from Gazpacho, a Night in Lorely.

Great performance and although i like it a bit metalish lately, i just had to admit: man, what a great music this is.  8)

Teunis

Quote from: aswas on Fri, 2010-02-12, 22:03:31
IQ  The DVD from the Frequency CD release. It was my first look at IQ, and I really enjoyed it. It was recorded pretty good. Sounded good on headphones
Watched it last week. Memories ... I was at that gig, great atmosphere  8).

Yesterday: Neal Morse - Sola Scriptura live
Today: Satellite - Evening Dreams

aswas

You guys are so lucky being able to see these bands live. They must be an awesome experience. At least they have DVDs out.

I have been able to see many bands over the years, so I guess I can't complain

Don't laugh but I am gonna watch Procol Harum Live at Union Chapel. Hey lot of cool old songs. They drove to their own beat of the drum,

don't ya know?         Aswas

aswas

Tomorrow

An Evening Of Music of Yes Plus AWBH

Dream Theater Systematic Chaos

Teunis

aswas

Peter Gabriel   Growing Up. Cool Props. and props to him