News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Threshold - March of Progress

Started by maddox, Sat, 2012-06-30, 00:01:19

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

From the Threshold website:-

Threshold reveal more album details

Threshold have revealed more details of their upcoming ninth studio album. "March Of Progress" will be released via Nuclear Blast Records on 31 August 2012 and will come in a limited Digipak edition including bonus track, a standard jewel case edition and a vinyl double album in two different colours.

Keyboardist Richard West commented on the approaching release: "It's been a long march but the new Threshold album is finally ready. This is our longest album to date - we hope you're going to love it!"

The album has the following track list:

Digipak

01. Ashes
02. Return Of The Thought Police
03. Staring At The Sun
04. Liberty Complacency Dependency
05. Colophon
06. The Hours
07. That's Why We Came
08. Don't Look Down
09. Coda
10. Rubicon
11. Divinity (Bonus Track)

Anyone looking forward to this?

I am. ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

Betcha, Mad  *horns*

Great that Damian is back in the mix  8)

Thanx for printing the track list too - looks intriguing  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Teunis

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2012-06-30, 00:01:19
Anyone looking forward to this?

I am. ;)
Yep, me too *horns*. It's no secret that I consider Damian Wilson one of the best (prog) singers and Threshold rocks 8).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

maddox

Quote from: Teunis on Sat, 2012-06-30, 12:13:44
Yep, me too *horns*. It's no secret that I consider Damian Wilson one of the best (prog) singers and Threshold rocks 8).

I don't.

In fact, I only have the Threshold albums where Mac sings upon, nothing of the Damian-era so to say.
But knowing what he did with Ayreon and, more important, Headspace (brilliant album, let me say so!!) I so look forward to this album.

PH

I really like the Mac era Threshold. I'm still soooo sad that he died. I LOVE "Dead Reckoning".
Damian is a very interesting singer. I like his work with Ayreon. But it is a bit of an acquired taste. Still, I think the next Threshold album will be absolutely fantastic! I'm very much looking forward to it!

PH

Well, perhaps you've seen it already, but here it is:
The first single from the new album is called Ashes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfkyRlL06hM

Release date of "March Of Progress": 24th of August.

Sounds alright. In my opinion Threshold has done better, but it's catchy and it works really well as a single I think.
About the vocals: I absolutely loved Mac's vocals, so I expected to be disappointed. But Damian's vocals are really different from the earlier Threshold albums (at least on this song (and again in my opinion)), so it's only a minor disappointment and only in the vocal department.
I'd like to hear more and on the strenght of this song alone, I will buy the album as soon as it is released! ;)

Bupie

They really have a trademark sound of their own. Nothing new but a catchy chorus indeed and if I did not know about Mac's departure (RIP) I am not sure that I would have noticed the change of vocalist. I will buy it, no doubt.

maddox

Pretty straight forward rock song, no compromise but also nothing spectacular.

The downside of this release is that I somehow compare it with Headspace but that's quite unfair.
Headspace is more metal than Threshold.

Like Bupie, I will most likely end up buying the album. ;)

Peter

How could I have thought to be the one to see something first :)

I like the album a lot, will buy.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Teunis

From the Threshold website: http://www.thresh.net/:

Threshold return to the studio

Threshold are back in the studio working on the follow-up to 2012's "March Of Progress" for a 2014 release via Nuclear Blast.

Comments guitarist Karl Groom: "It's good to be working on a new Threshold album and cut the time between releases. Our touring for the 'March Of Progress' album inspired Rich and I to get writing not long after the main set of dates. We want to thank everyone for their support during that time. I should add that other members of the band have also have been writing!"

"Right now I am tracking rhythm guitars and Johanne is due in the studio as soon as we put the finishing touches on a couple of songs. Hopefully 2014 will be another memorable year for Threshold."

Threshold's ninth studio album, "March Of Progress", was released in August 2012 via Nuclear Blast Records. The follow-up to 2007's "Dead Reckoning" registered the following first-week chart positions: #28 Germany, #30 Switzerland, #43 Sweden, #55 Austria, #70 Netherlands, #102 France.

8) *horns*

PH

Fantastic news! I really like March of Progress and Dead Reckoning is in my top five of 2007.

Teunis

Update, copied from the Threshold website:
Threshold have just revealed the title of their upcoming new record which is due to be released at the end of September via Nuclear Blast. The successor to their 2012 output "March Of Progress" will be called "For The Journey".

The album is currently being produced at Thin Ice Studios in England, by band members Karl Groom (guitars) and Richard West (keyboards).

Commented Richard West: "Our recording sessions have been wonderful, we've really enjoyed making this record. All the basic parts are recorded so now it's just a case of finishing our solos, compiling the vocals and adding more production moments. I think we've made a very solid record, we're really looking forward to putting it out there!"

The band will take a short break from the studio in April to perform shows in Germany and Holland before commencing the final mixing at Thin Ice Studios in May.

PH

So only a few more days to go.
I'm pretty excited by this upcoming release.
Threshold always comes up with decent releases, the previous two records were truly amazing actually.

Here are some YouTube links, regarding the "For The Journey" album:

Watchtower On The Moon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToYSRker8UM

Turned To Dust:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er6Ibhyx5GY

Track by track interview part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pvOV8Np7Co

Track by track interview part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkpA-1y4wXU

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Teunis

Yeah, I've heard the full tracks. Very much looking forward to this release. Threshold raises the bar high with 'March Of Progress'. Let's see (or better: hear) if they can top it, but also the same level will do *horns* 8).