News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

The Browser Poll

Started by johninblack, Fri, 2006-04-07, 02:04:12

Previous topic - Next topic

So what Browser do you use at home?

Internet Explorer 5
Internet Explorer 6
Internet Explorer 7
Mozilla
Firefox
Netscape
Opera
Apple Safari
Other

progman

I've been addicted to Firefox ever since I discovered that you can right click on selected text, and search for that text on Google in another tab...Brilliant way to "surf" without losing your original train of thought...

Herben

I have internet explorer 7, I just went with the flow, internet is internet.
I can't see the advantages of version 7 but it's the newest version, just like windows keep on crashing!
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

Silhouette

Firefox 2 is everything a browser ever need to be.

(and yeah, I use it ;) )

Silhouette
"Unauthorized duplication, while sometimes necessary, is never as good as the real thing."
- Diablo Swing Orchestra

PH

:D
Great when a new member is revisiting all old topics, it makes me wanna post in them again! Thanks to that! ;D
I use IE 6 for everything and Firefox for Gmail (IE won't do it) and whenever IE fails to open a site.
I know, FireFox is better but... I don't know... IE works fine somehow...

By the way did I welcome you already?
If not, welcome Silhouette!! You seem like a nice person I already enjoy your posts and you listen to GREAT music! (Please post a profile in the profile subforum, it's no command but we like it 8))

Silhouette

Thank You very much! ;D

I will post a profile whenever I find time to list all the weird stuff I listen to.
...it'll be pretty long...

On topic:
IE works fine too, it all depends on what You require.
The serious thing with IE, though, is the loads of weaknesses in the browser, which make Your computer vulnerable to hackers, trojans, and stuff.
Having any trouble with such things, then Firefox is the definite solution, it's currently the safest browser, and since it's very customizable, it can be even safer with a few security plugins.

Silhouette
"Unauthorized duplication, while sometimes necessary, is never as good as the real thing."
- Diablo Swing Orchestra

maddox

And yet another computer glitch  >:(:

My favourites occasionally fall into the dark realms of nothingness. One day it's there, the other day it's gone and then i'm destined to list all my favourites again.  :-\

Question: Did any of you fellow-Firefox users had the same problem like i have?
And if yes, do you have any idea what's wrong?

If it's 'no', then don't bother posting.  :P  :D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

keyboardistmatt

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that I recently switched to Firefox.

It's nice. :)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Appelmoes??

Cool! It takes some time getting used to (in my experience) but after a week I never wanted to use or see IE anymore :D
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2008-04-08, 22:15:33
Cool! It takes some time getting used to (in my experience) but after a week I never wanted to use or see IE anymore :D

For some reason I still use IE, even after having Firefox for a looong time already.
IE 7 is really a big step forwards!

-Paco

Appelmoes??

Because they stole all the good ideas from Modzilla FF ::)

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Wed, 2008-04-09, 07:22:37
Because they stole all the good ideas from Modzilla FF ::)

True.

keyboardistmatt

Mozilla have a big feature in some computer magazine this month, I believe they are about to release a new fully updated-all singing-all dancing-really great-wonderful version of Firefox. ;)

Appelmoes??

My drawings on MySpace

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Thu, 2008-04-10, 02:14:44
Mozilla have a big feature in some computer magazine this month, I believe they are about to release a new fully updated-all singing-all dancing-really great-wonderful version of Firefox. ;)

Don't worry though, you don't have to pay for it!  It will be installed automatically as an update when it becomes available...

Like mine was yesterday! 8)

maddox

So now that the new Firefox 3.0 is out how many of you FF users actually has it?

I personally have and i must say that it's fast. Haven't had any troubles with it until now and the looks are good too.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2008-06-29, 19:47:37
So now that the new Firefox 3.0 is out how many of you FF users actually has it?

I personally have and i must say that it's fast. Haven't had any troubles with it until now and the looks are good too.

I'm using it as well. Have been a FireFox user for years now. Downloaded the latest version last week and enjoying it very much!

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Iggy

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Sun, 2008-06-29, 20:08:23
I'm using it as well. Have been a FireFox user for years now. Downloaded the latest version last week and enjoying it very much!

Tom

I was going to wait a while but then remembered it's not a  buggy, crappy microsoft product.   ;D

Appelmoes??

Haven't downloaded it yet. I'm getting a new PC this week, so I can't be bothered with it just now ;D

My drawings on MySpace

Draco chimera

I use Firefox, the best one I think.
Which operating system do you use?
I'm learning Ubuntu (Linux), and I really enjoy.
Let your conscience decide !

maddox

It's sad that some of the add on's doesn't work with it though but i'm sure there will  be a solution to that problem in the near future.

PH

I also have Firefox 3.0 now.
It's so much better than Internet Explorer!

(And I LOVE the tabs!)

-Paco

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2008-07-08, 18:00:44
I also have Firefox 3.0 now.
It's so much better than Internet Explorer!

(And I LOVE the tabs!)

-Paco

My Firefox homepage consists of four tabs showing my four most used websites.  It's a neat feature, and it makes me check my second Email account more often.

...And yes there will be a fifth tab created...  I don't come on here enough anymore! :-[

PH

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Wed, 2009-01-28, 09:10:53
My Firefox homepage consists of four tabs showing my four most used websites.  It's a neat feature, and it makes me check my second Email account more often.

...And yes there will be a fifth tab created...  I don't come on here enough anymore! :-[

That's great Matt! :)
I'm looking forward to your posts again! ;)

My homepage is back to just one tab: Symbaloo.com

It's amazing!

-Paco

johninblack

At the moment I have 18 tabs. Have had as many as 24. Loads the memory a bit but I've 3G RAM to play with.

maddox

Funny, when i open up a new Tab i get Fast Dial. Something like Symbaloo i guess but less extents.
Symbaloo looks pretty neat i'd say.  :)

The first thing that pops up though when i open up FF i get the FF-google page.
Kinda like it that way.