News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

MSN

Started by PH, Mon, 2006-04-17, 17:52:46

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

MSN
After the server decided to cause problems (or whatever happened) The Shattered Room was unreachable for a couple of days. This meant we couldn't speak to each other in those lonesome days. I for one was very bored in those days and I thought it might be a good idea to speak each other through MSN! That way we can keep in touch whatever happens.

So, if you're interested in contacting other forum-members outside of The Shattered Room you can add your name here. Perhaps we can start a meet-up someday! ;D

I'll make a start.

Nickname: PH
Native language: Dutch
MSN address can be found in my profile

johninblack

Nickname: johninblack
Native language: Norfolk (A strange dilect of English)
E-mail/MSN address: johninblack_63[at]hotmail[dot]com

Don't use MSN much but you never know!

Appelmoes??

Or, you could just fill in your MSN-mailadres at the 'Forum Profile Information' ;) That way your mailadres isn't made public on the internet, but registered members can add you to their list *horns*
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Proglady

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Mon, 2006-04-17, 19:51:24
Or, you could just fill in your MSN-mailadres at the 'Forum Profile Information' ;) That way your mailadres isn't made public on the internet, but registered members can add you to their list *horns*

Appelmoes?? you deserve a drink now  8)

PH

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Mon, 2006-04-17, 19:51:24

But sometimes you don't know their real names and languages. ;) so you know how to say hello to them otherwise they'll get '???'.
Anyway, I know you're Dutch and I'll add you and Johninblack as soon as I feel the need to start up MSN.
Don't know your name though, so I'll just call you Appelmoes then. LOL.

Anyone else want to join this MSNlist? :P
Some Germans perhaps, Peter? Ich kann ein bischen Deutsch sprechen. *horns*

NijntjeRocks

My adres is in my profile.

btw: native language = Dutch

Topics like this are very, very vulnerable to so-called mail-harvestbots, they recognize the emailadresses and add them to a database used for spam'n'stuff.
Nijntje=Miffy. Original Miffy: (in Dutch)

Proglady

I don't have, or use MSN  ???

johninblack

Quote from: NijntjeRocks on Mon, 2006-04-17, 20:20:24
Topics like this are very, very vulnerable to so-called mail-harvestbots, they recognize the emailadresses and add them to a database used for spam'n'stuff.

Thats why I got a hotmail addy so as to protect my real addy, any where that wants an email addy that I think could be in ANY WAY suspect gets the hotmail addy.

NijntjeRocks

Quote from: johninblack on Mon, 2006-04-17, 20:25:06
Thats why I got a hotmail addy so as to protect my real addy, any where that wants an email addy that I think could be in ANY WAY suspect gets the hotmail addy.
when once in a database, you change adress?? anyone can make a mistake, besides that, other can squander your adress as well trough adress-rippin' spy-/malware and virusses and alike.

maddox

Quote from: NijntjeRocks on Mon, 2006-04-17, 20:20:24

btw: native language = Dutch

I never thought of that really but i don't have a Hotmail account or something similar so that wouldn't work either. Of course i can create one but the spam filter i have on my comp is working perfectly so, no troubles here.

Nick: maddox
Real name? Haha, bet you want to know that ;D  :-\ ::)....well okay then: Alex
Native language : Dutch

Greetz,

MAD.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

NijntjeRocks

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2006-04-17, 22:20:18a Hotmail account or something similar
goes for all mailadresses, and if you post your adress here to read and it will eventually picked up by a harvestbot your filter wont be enough ;)

maddox

Quote from: NijntjeRocks on Mon, 2006-04-17, 22:28:49
goes for all mailadresses, and if you post your adress here to read and it will eventually picked up by a harvestbot your filter wont be enough ;)

Somehow i had the feeling you would say something like that.  :-\ Okay, different idea: Scrape away the e-mail from your list and if you want it, ask me or anybody else to send it by PM. Maybe that's a better idea.  ???

MAD.

Peter

Quote from: NijntjeRocks on Mon, 2006-04-17, 22:28:49

When people add their data into their profiles, those bots will hardly ever find them out, cos only logged-in users see that data, and bots usually haven't got forum accounts :)

You're right though, that posting adresses in the post text is dangerous, even if you hide it in a "blah at blubb dot com" form, as these bots have means to find even those addresses... damn them!
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Proglady on Mon, 2006-04-17, 20:06:29
Appelmoes?? you deserve a drink now  8)
I had a good red wine around that time... Are you telepathically gifted? ;)

My drawings on MySpace

Proglady

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2006-04-18, 00:04:23
I had a good red wine around that time... Are you telepathically gifted? ;)

Not as far as I know of  ;D

maddox

Quote from: Peter on Mon, 2006-04-17, 23:54:15
"blah at blubb dot com"

That is probably the funiest e-mail adress i have ever seen.  ;D

Quote from: PeterWhen people add their data into their profiles, those bots will hardly ever find them out, cos only logged-in users see that data, and bots usually haven't got forum accounts

So that means it's save then. But with the current technology i wonder when the bots will figure out a way to get round that. I think it's not a question of 'if' but 'when'. Though i strongly must add that i'm not a wizzkid so... :-\

MAD.

debsss

Ok this one is for the creative once among us.......
Poekie_78... i thing the end is the same as most of the adresses so maybe we'll meet there... But please send me an e-mail first, so i know who to accept, otherwise you'll get deleted....... keyword.... arena?? ;D ;D ;D ;D
ow and.. native language: DUTCH

Appelmoes??

Poekie? Now you made me curious ;D

My drawings on MySpace

debsss

curious for what  ;D ;D ;D hihihi

maddox

Quote from: debsss on Tue, 2006-04-18, 20:38:30

Poekie_78...

Somehow i think you have a cat.  ;) 8)

MAD.

debsss

Yes i have 2 cats but none of them is called poekie 8)
But it's something who i am.... ;)
The naughty part hehehe ;)

XXX Debsss

maddox

Quote from: debsss on Wed, 2006-04-19, 21:26:02
Yes i have 2 cats but none of them is called poekie 8)
But it's something who i am.... ;)
The naughty part hehehe ;)

XXX Debsss

Now you are making me very curious.  ;)

MAD.

Appelmoes??

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2006-04-19, 22:06:06
Now you are making me very curious.  ;)

MAD.
It was the 'naughty' part right? :P

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Wed, 2006-04-19, 22:14:03
It was the 'naughty' part right? :P

:o Am i that predictably ???   ;D

MAD.

debsss

To make it even worse...
That's a part of me i won't talk about here... ;)
I think some can't handle it  8) hahahaha *horns*