News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

"The Scientific Proof of Survival After Death"

Started by StarDuster, Mon, 2005-11-14, 20:36:33

Previous topic - Next topic

StarDuster

Hello all, my first post here  ;D

I'm a great fan of Arena. I was hanging around in this forum and thought I should give everyone who are interested in this topic the next link -

http://www.cfpf.org.uk

next is quoted from the "About" section in this site -

"The Campaign for Philosophical Freedom is a non-profit organisation founded by Michael Roll to present the censored secular scientific case for survival after death - the case for a separate mind and brain, the scientific proof that we all survive the death of our physical bodies, irrespective of our beliefs."

There are many interesting articles there, especially the "Scientific Proof of Survival After Death" which can be reached by the menu on the left ... tell me what you think about it, I am really not sure what to think, I do think some things sound very convincing  :)

Appelmoes??

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

marcello

I'm trying to read it, but listning to butterfly man, in the dark, alone and reading the story is quite scary.
What will I be, When Winter comes again, and were wrapped up in furs, and life has begun again

PH

Quote from: marcello on Mon, 2005-11-14, 23:15:35
I'm trying to read it, but listning to butterfly man, in the dark, alone and reading the story is quite scary.

LOL :D :D :D

Actually I agree with Appelmoes on this one.

By the way: your name (StarDuster) makes me think about a particular voice on my keyboard called 'stardust' which is the instrument I use when I try to play the intro of Arena's Salamander.

StarDuster

I don't know why I'm having a hard time to agree with Appelmoes.
Well, I guess it's because it takes someone to actually state something and not just give a link to an unrelated website in order for me to have any chance to agree with him  ;D

Appelmoes??

Quote from: StarDuster on Tue, 2005-11-15, 20:26:53
I don't know why I'm having a hard time to agree with Appelmoes.
Well, I guess it's because it takes someone to actually state something and not just give a link to an unrelated website in order for me to have any chance to agree with him  ;D
It wasn't about the link, it was about the bible.

Anyway, I don't need a discussion and I didn't read your link. No need for scientific evidence for me, I just believe. That's much easier to understand than a science other scientists surely can undermine ;)

My drawings on MySpace

StarDuster

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2005-11-15, 20:34:02
It wasn't about the link, it was about the bible.

Anyway, I don't need a discussion and I didn't read your link. No need for scientific evidence for me, I just believe. That's much easier to understand than a science other scientists surely can undermine ;)

Well, I surely don't underestimate the power of your belief, or belief in general for that matter  ;)
However the fact that you believe, doesn't mean you can't find that link interesting, it isn't aimed at people who need evidence - just people who are interested.

For example, one may believe in all his heart that the universe is infinite, but would still be interested in the scientific proof, mainly for knowledge perhaps  8)

PH

Quote from: StarDuster on Tue, 2005-11-15, 20:42:10
Well, I surely don't underestimate the power of your belief, or belief in general for that matter  ;)
However the fact that you believe, doesn't mean you can't find that link interesting, it isn't aimed at people who need evidence - just people who are interested.

For example, one may believe in all his heart that the universe is infinite, but would still be interested in the scientific proof, mainly for knowledge perhaps  8)

Well, in that case, the link doesn't work for me.

StarDuster

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2005-11-15, 20:46:47
Well, in that case, the link doesn't work for me.

I assume you mean, it doesn't interest you, and not that your browser is unable to show it ?   :D

PH

Quote from: StarDuster on Tue, 2005-11-15, 21:19:08
I assume you mean, it doesn't interest you, and not that your browser is unable to show it ?   :D

Well actually no.
I can't open the page.
It doesn't give me an error, but it's all white. It doesn't come up.

StarDuster

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2005-11-15, 21:52:58
Well actually no.
I can't open the page.
It doesn't give me an error, but it's all white. It doesn't come up.

Very interesting ! I wonder if your ISP is censoring it  :) pressing the link works for me ...
Try to just copy&paste: http://www.cfpf.org.uk to your URL line and press enter, if that won't work - nothing else probably would   :-\

PH

Quote from: StarDuster on Tue, 2005-11-15, 21:57:38
Very interesting ! I wonder if your ISP is censoring it  :) pressing the link works for me ...
Try to just copy&paste: http://www.cfpf.org.uk to your URL line and press enter, if that won't work - nothing else probably would   :-\
Yeah, now it worked. Thanks.
I'll read it later.

Appelmoes??

Quote from: StarDuster on Tue, 2005-11-15, 20:42:10
mainly for knowledge perhaps  8)
atm I've got enough other 'earthly matters' on my mind ;)

My drawings on MySpace

NijntjeRocks

Well, the site is far too chaotic for me, wouldnt know were to start. What about a short summary?
Nijntje=Miffy. Original Miffy: (in Dutch)

StarDuster

Quote from: NijntjeRocks on Thu, 2005-11-17, 21:14:07
Well, the site is far too chaotic for me, wouldnt know were to start. What about a short summary?

I would rather give a more specific link
http://www.cfpf.org.uk/articles/background/scientificproof/scientificproof1.html
That kinda gets to the point of it all ;)

keyboardistmatt

QuoteToo many people across the world now know that Sir William Crookes discovered people living in the invisible part of the universe with repeatable experiments under laboratory conditions in 1874.

I didn't know that!

QuoteSir William Crookes discovered people living in the invisible part of the universe...
How did he know it was there then??  ???

Quote...with repeatable experiments under laboratory conditions in 1874.
WTF??  So he felt around in the dark?  Felt around in the light?? Felt around with his eyes closed??

All of this done in a clean and sanitary atmosphere?? ::)

I'm sorry, I am unable to wrap my head around that one without wanting to take the piss! :D
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

StarDuster

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Fri, 2005-11-18, 19:46:56
I didn't know that!
How did he know it was there then??  ???
WTF??  So he felt around in the dark?  Felt around in the light?? Felt around with his eyes closed??

All of this done in a clean and sanitary atmosphere?? ::)

I'm sorry, I am unable to wrap my head around that one without wanting to take the piss! :D

lol. You make it sound quite funny indeed. But if you read through it all you'll see that it is called "invisible part of the universe" because indeed no ordinary people can see it. However, experiments did take place, the "tool" that William Crookes used was a human one though, what they call a "Medium". a "Medium" is claimed to be able to communicate with people "from the invisible part of the universe", and even materialise them so normal people can see and talk to them. This is how William Crookes conducted his experiments, he claimed to meet a lot of long gone people by working with his medium, which was a female one - can't really remember her name now ..  ;)

Appelmoes??

Quote from: StarDuster on Fri, 2005-11-18, 21:00:55
the "tool" that William Crookes used was a human one though, what they call a "Medium". a "Medium" is claimed to be able to communicate with people "from the invisible part of the universe", and even materialise them so normal people can see and talk to them. This is how William Crookes conducted his experiments, he claimed to meet a lot of long gone people by working with his medium, which was a female one - can't really remember her name now ..  ;)
Aaah! Really scientific! :D

My drawings on MySpace

StarDuster

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Sat, 2005-11-19, 11:26:25
Aaah! Really scientific! :D

Pff .. you'll always get something wrong if you won't read it all. But I'll say a bit more just to disregard this comment ..

In the beginning of the century, these experiments were conducted, and there is nothing non-scientific about conducting experiments when your tools are human beings. How for example would you conduct brain experiments ?
Having said that, it's also important to understand that the experiments back then had no mathematical theory to back them up, and that's part of the reason they didn't cause a revolution in science. Today it is claimed that the mathematical explanation is available through the use of (partially I think..) Quantum Physics ...

Appelmoes??

Quote from: StarDuster on Sat, 2005-11-19, 12:21:14
Today it is claimed that the mathematical explanation is available through the use of (partially I think..) Quantum Physics ...
Claimed? So it isn't proven yet? It's not a fact?

My drawings on MySpace

StarDuster

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Sat, 2005-11-19, 12:23:18
Claimed? So it isn't proven yet? It's not a fact?

Of course it is, or at least that's what is written on the site  :D
The fact I use the word "claim" is because it hasn't become a worldwide recognized fact, that is because they claim ( :D ) on the site that this discovery is censored by the media because of powerful materialists .. materialists are people who don't believe/want the fact of survival after death known, roughly because of one of the following reasons :

1. The survival after death theory discards the theory of relativity by einstine and instead expands on Newton model of the universe.
2. The survival after death theory will destroy the "life after death" industry of many powerful religionist who claim that only their followers would be revived one day, and sinners discarded in hell .. etc etc.

Appelmoes??

My drawings on MySpace

Herben

Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

Angel-of-Music

Um, none of these links work for me.....its either Page Cannot be Displayed or You Do Not Have Access/Authorisation ....?? ???

StarDuster

The site was down for a month  :o it works now ..  ;)