News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

2005-05-07 Arena live @ Colos-Saal, Aschaffenburg, D

Started by Peter, Thu, 2005-01-13, 22:39:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

The Eclipsed Festival, RPWL will also play.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Peter

Spad

I'll be there for sure!!!! But I read in another post (I don't remember which... ) that Arena will play only for an hour....  :(

How is it possible?? I mean... ok it's a festival.... but with only two bands!! It's more like a main-band show with an opening band......

I hope the post I read was wrong..... I'll travel for 820km to attend this show!!!!  ;D I'd really like to see an entire show, not only a half.....

Bye and see you all there!!!!
Spad.
Does it to matter to you?
In the lions' cage we're all the same.

Peter

Wow!

What a fantastic concert, mates. I'm absolutely stunned. The guys and the crowd were in a very good mood and everybody was having a lot of fun. If someone can recall the set list, please reply here, I lost track after 'Crack in the ice'.... :)

Spad, FrenchSting, nice to have met you in person now. I hope some of the nice people I met and gave flyers to will join here and enlarge the community!

Gotta go to bed now, I'm kaputt ;)

The Butterfly Man

The setlist was:

- Bedlam Fayre
- Crack In The Ice
- The Hanging Tree
- (Don't Forget To) Breathe
- Smoke And Mirrors
- Skin Game
- Witch Hunt
- An Angel Falls
- Painted Man
- Serenity
- Chosen
- The Shattered Room
- Riding The Tide
- The Butterfly Man
- State Of Grace
- Enemy Without
- Ascension

Encores:

- Solomon

- Jericho (with GRENDEL-ending!!!!!!)
- Crying For Help VII

- Crack In The Ice (The crowd was beeing SO enthusiastic that they just had to come back for another encore. However, they didn't rehearse any more songs, so they decided to play Crack In The Ice again)

And boy, we had a great time after the gig as well!;-)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Spad

... you forgot the "William Tell's Overture"  ;)

Great! It was few years we didn't hear it......
Wonderful evening, soon I'll post my impressions.....

Bye.
Spad.

Spad

Quote from: Peter on Sun, 2005-05-08, 02:56:00
Wow!

Spad, FrenchSting, nice to have met you in person now.....

... nice to met you too!!

What a great gig!! It was really by far the best I've ever attended!! Above all the sound was excellent, they sounded better than in the CDs!!!
In the previous concert I've been to, there was (IMO) no good balance among the instruments, especially between Clive and John.... John was ever louder than Clive! On the contrary, in Ashaffenburg, the keys was really great so songs like Solomon or Riding The Tide sounds something unique and unforgetable!!!  :D  :D

The other great suprise (ever IMO), was Mick....... I am sure he has never been as "strong" and sharp in the last years (I could only compare, of course, the other few gigs I attended to) as Saturday.... Simply GREEEEAAAAATTT!!!!

... and this is my only point of disappointment........
Ok Clive, I read in another post about the problem concerning playing live (now) Opera Fanatica........ but where was Purgatory Road????!!!!!
:'(  :'(  :'( It's my fav...... I was a little disappointed..... I think I've to wait late this year (or the next one) to listen to it in a gig......

Hi guys!
Spad.

Peter

OK, here are links to

during the concert.

Many photos are blurred, sorry, my camera (or even I) can't do any better.
The sound of the videos is .... well, bull....it. But you can see John in action - which is pretty cool - and the crowd chanting 'help me' :D

Hope you enjoy them.