News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Bupie

Quote from: Deenfan on Thu, 2008-10-30, 19:56:33

"Folks have got to make choices
And choices got to have voices
Folks are basically decent
Conventional wisdom would say
But we read about the exceptions
In the papers every day"
N.Peart

Hey, I think I recognize lyrics of my favorite Rush album here, I mean Hold Your Fire  *horns*  But I am not sure of the song, though.

Neil's lyrics are soooo above most of the classic and prog rock competition.

Nicky007

Quote from: Draco chimera on Sun, 2008-11-02, 10:47:46
I feel good. This week-end, I am with friends and here's the list of our instruments :
1 piano
1 electric guitar
1 electric bass
2 acoustic nylon guitars
But there's no drummer  :-\

So, Draco, it's Paco de Lucía meets Elton John meet, say, Arena (minus Mick).

Now it's up to our imagination ...  ;D

Hope you had some beers around  :D :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Deenfan

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Deenfan

Quote from: Bupie on Sun, 2008-11-02, 11:52:35
Hey, I think I recognize lyrics of my favorite Rush album here, I mean Hold Your Fire  *horns*  But I am not sure of the song, though.

Neil's lyrics are soooo above most of the classic and prog rock competition.

Correct on all accounts. The song is "Second nature". :)

Deenfan

Nicky007

Sad, just read the following (Wikipedia, my boldfaces):  On July 2, 2008, Natasha Shneider (* May 22, 1956) passed away following a battle with cancer. The news broke with a message posted on the MySpace page of the band Sweethead, of which Natasha's former band-mate Troy Van Leeuwen is a member and was a close personal friend:

"Natasha Schneider, musician extraordinaire, former actress, singer of the ground-breaking band Eleven, and one-time Queens Of The Stone Age keyboard player, died today at 11:11am of cancer. She was a brilliant, beautiful, and ballsy woman who will be missed deeply by all those who knew her. Send your loving thoughts her way in the universe." —Sweethead MySpace (2008)

The following message later replaced the main page at qotsa.com:

"On July 2nd, at 11:11 AM, Natasha Shneider passed away. She ended her time in this Life with the style and poetry that she lived all the days previous, crossing over while held in the arms of her closest and dearest. No words can encapsulate the unwaivering strength she provided, adversities she overcome, the talents she possessed & nurtured, the sharpness of her wit nor the beautiful complexity of her intellect. We are so thankful for her influence & the gift of her friendship.

A celebration of Natasha Shneider will be held in Hollywood at the Henry Fonda Theatre on Saturday, Aug 16th. Further details will be released shortly. All proceeds of the benefit and donations made will go to the relieve the burden of Natasha's fight against cancer. To donate, go to NatashaShneider.org

Now is all we have. May you all make the most of it." —Josh Homme (2008)

Natasha was a wonderful singer  :'(

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Though i don't know her music very well, that's sad indeed, Nicky.  :(

PH

I feel like I actually need to do some homework...

Every friday I work for a school and I have to "design", "create", "make" a test about breathing.
But I find it very difficult to come up with questions that aren't too difficult... :-\

-Paco

Bupie

Maybe the breathing in singing technics could be a theme that would provide some questions (don't ask me examples, though  :P) ?

Teunis

Sad, we just had to put our lovely dog asleep due to severe epilepsy  :'(.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Thu, 2008-11-13, 20:08:59

I'm sorry to hear that... I don't have any pets, but I guess it's very hard to lose your buddy like that. :(

How do I feel...
Well, I have a headache... and a weblog...

-Paco

Iggy

I'm sorry for you too. It's tough to lose a pet.

Nicky007

:(

Quote from: Bupie on Wed, 2008-11-12, 12:00:10
Maybe the breathing in singing technics could be a theme that would provide some questions (don't ask me examples, though  :P) ?

Where did this come from, and where did you think it should go, Bups  ??? ???

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

The Butterfly Man

Aw it must be terrible to lose your beloved pet like that. How old was he/she and has the epilepsy been hurting him/her for a long time?  :-\

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Bupie

Sorry for you, Teunis  :(

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2008-11-13, 22:43:42
Where did this come from, and where did you think it should go, Bups  ??? ???

Nicky.

Well, maybe I didn't understand what PH meant but since singing requires to master certain breathing technics, I thought it could be the subject of one of his tests.

bluepony

I feel ... tired. Some of my colleagues went to a "Besenwirtschaft" yesterday evening and dragged me along. No chance for an early escape... *yawn*

Teunis

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Fri, 2008-11-14, 09:20:25
Aw it must be terrible to lose your beloved pet like that. How old was he/she and has the epilepsy been hurting him/her for a long time?  :-\

Tom
Thanks to all of you for your sympathy, really appreciate it  *horns*. She was only two and a half years old. She's had medicines for about a year to keep it under control, but the last two weeks it got worse. On Wednesday she had 5 attacks, yesterday again! When she just had recovered from an attack, she got a new one. Terrible to see. That's no life for her and for us. We contacted the vet and she told the best we could do was to prevend further hurting. But it went so fast the last two days, still can't believe it. It sucks! Thanks again.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Nicky007

So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2008-11-14, 17:43:28
What's that  ???

Nicky.

It almost sounds like some sort of cake.  :D

Deenfan

I'm eating oneright now!

oops, wrong thread :P

maddox

Quote from: Deenfan on Fri, 2008-11-14, 19:14:24
I'm eating oneright now!

oops, wrong thread :P

:P

On topic:

I'm feeling good.

It's weekend.  *horns*

Iggy

Hear Hear

Friday Night and the whole weekend before us.

Excellent.

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2008-11-14, 17:43:28
What's that  ???

Nicky.
That's a very special type of restaurant (when they came up, the "restaurant" used to be in the livinig room of the host, or in a barn/shed etc.). They're usually run by people who make their own wine (and, obviously, don't sell it to one of the wine-maker cooperatives); they offer wine and a certain dish called "Schlachtplatte" ("slaughter plate/butcher's plate", typically contains blood sausage, liver sausage and assorted meats, served on sauerkraut). Very German! ;)

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Mon, 2008-11-17, 16:39:57
Very German! ;)

Thanks, Bluey (tryin to be nice here)  :)

Well, to the credit of the Germans, they're ahead of the Danes re vegetarianism (the Western Germans, that is), and far ahead of the Frenchies, who can't get bloody enuff. Henry VIII's cohorts have moved to France  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can