News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2008-10-09, 06:12:41To tell you the truth:

Like s**t!  :'(

My wife and I are having some serious problems lately.
I may have to cut some strings to get things running again.

Bummer.  :-\

That's not good... I hope things will turn out fine.

I feel wealthy... and full...
In other words, I ate too much...
And when I laugh, it hurts...
Haha ouch...

maddox

I feel confused.  :-\

I don't know why i said that earlier. Not that it's not the truth because it is. In fact me and my wife are having troubles for almost a year now basically since the moment that my wife couldn't work anymore because of her pregnancy troubles (pregnancy-diabetes, troubles with her pelvis). As some of you might remember she had to be admitted to the hospital for almost four weeks.

But i'm a person who likes his privacy. I don't post many photo's (definitely not much of my kids) and try to avoid that many people know where i live etc.
Not because i'm shy (though I don't mingle very well  :-[) it's just that's who i am.
The few close friends i know are real close friends.
And not the type of 'hey, i know you but i haven't seen you in a few months' kind of friends.
Though i must add that on a few fora's (yes, even in the Room  ;)) there are some guys and girls who i consider friends but that's not the issue here.

Fact is that although we we're getting along again with each other, my wife had a nervous breakdown (not thát dramatic but not pleasant nevertheless) mainly because she couldn't combine motherhood with her job added with a stubborn partner and the chaos is complete. That's basically one of the reasons why she changed her job. But where she works right now it isn't going smoothly either.
She literary was thrown in front of the lions (Dutch saying, hope you non-dutchies know what i mean) so after 9 years of practically working alone, she had to work in a team again and not only that, she had the complete responsibility of a whole team + residents ( she's working in a home for the elderly as a geriatric helper ) from time to time, mainly during the evening-shift.

And that stirred up some old issues i'm afraid.  :-\
That's why, in a haze of confusion at 6 am in the morning ( and with the help of some questionable coffee ) I wrote what i wrote.

That's it. A glimpse in the mad-world.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Deenfan

It really got to me, that post of yours, maddox. I can think of nothing I dread more, than finding myself in that situation. My wife also had her deal of troubles with her pelvis in the first pregnancy, and her mood was worse for it. People might not understand it, but there are many small things (and a couple of big ones) that just becomes different. Problems arise where there never was any. What used to run smoothly is all of a sudden very complicated.

I was lucky enough to experience the good way of dealing with this, although not perfect - there was a while where I was getting a bit anxious, to be honest. With the second pregnancy, she got the right treatment from the start, which may account for the fact that she's just about rid of the "pelvical" issues. And while I'm at it, there was some sort of "breakdown" or very close to it - but it wasn't her, to put it that way.

It is galactically silly to believe that one pair of unique people's formula will be universally effective, working the same way for two different unique people and their unique relationship. Therefore, I hesitate to be "helpful", outside a couple of rough sketches that seem to work for most people. In other words, I've only got an old cliché on offer:

Talk.

Ideally, it'd be great if both of you had the energy to worry about the other one's best interests. But if one is in a state where this is not so, the other one has got a great burden to carry, and a long and confusing journey ahead. If the one comes around, eventually, the rewards would be worth it all. But who can tell, in advance? I would do my very best, so I'd know I did, when thinking back.

:-\

Nicky007

Yeah, Mad, I'm sorry to hear this too. I don't have any advice (for once), except that people like us, like Deenie also implied, stick unyieldingly to their spouse and close friends. That's just the essence of life:  Love - we must take the painful with the joyful !!!

My woman went thru several years of my depression with me, staying unyieldingly at my side, listening to my fears, compulsions and complaints again and again, getting me outta bed in the forenoon, doing nice things for me, etc.

Life is hard at times, and sometimes it even ends in a hard way. We should help each other, within the family, among close friends, in the Room, in principle as much as we can  :)

So good luck, Mad, we're all with you.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Steve Jones

What they said. ;)

Hang in there, my Last.FM friend. Let music take some of the strain...
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

PH

Mad, I don't know what to say, but I guess a lot has been said already. All my love to you.

I was listening to this Rebecca St. James song again, and I want it to share it with you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKZuiJ3QNBY&fmt=18

And you're in my prayers.
I hold you very dear here in this forum.

Teunis

Wishing you a lot of strength Maddox, hope you'll come out of this really soon.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

The Butterfly Man

Wow, sorry to hear all that, Mad. Hope things get better very soon!

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Bupie

PH

I feel very depressed... That's how I feel most of the time lately, since my now ex-girlfriend left me... :(
Especially when there's not much to do, I tend to think about the whole issue... Therefore I hope that this "autumn holiday" is over very quickly...

maddox

I feel...not worthy.  :-\

Sure, i can easily say 'thanks' or something like that but in the end it doesn't really cover the basis if you know what i mean.
When i read all of your replies i suddenly, and trust me: this is rare, felt the urge of wipe a tear from my eye.
I felt like: All this for me?  ???

So...how shall i thank you all? Say it with flowers?
Maybe this will do. -->

;)

Anyways...Thanks. More than i can say.

Quote from: Deenfan on Sun, 2008-10-12, 09:52:27
It really got to me, that post of yours, maddox. I can think of nothing I dread more, than finding myself in that situation. My wife also had her deal of troubles with her pelvis in the first pregnancy, and her mood was worse for it. People might not understand it, but there are many small things (and a couple of big ones) that just becomes different. Problems arise where there never was any. What used to run smoothly is all of a sudden very complicated.

You're absolutely right about that, Deenie.
It's all about the hormones i guess. If she's unfortunate, that stuff rages through a female-body like crazy.
Don't want to scare non-fathers, because there are even great moments during the pregnancy but if you can't deal with the situation then it can be very stressful.

Oh, and eh...talk we did.  ;)
Again, i'd say since we already had our sessions of it but if you ask me, things are getting a little bit better.
With her mental state of being and our own.

It's been a crazy week, i tell you.

Iggy

Mad - Glad everything is getting better here is hoping it all continues to improve.

Steve Jones

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2008-10-17, 20:41:43
I felt like: All this for me?  ???

These days, not being there is no barrier to being there for someone.

Ermm, I might need to rethink that one... ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

PH

Mad, glad to see that things are getting better!!

-Paco

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2008-10-18, 10:24:59
Mad, glad to see that things are getting better!!

Me too !

How about:  Mad = glad Dad  :)

And as to you, Paxi, I think you have to face the fact that you're different from most other kids your age, with your passion for Christianity, philosophy, and prog (and even a touch of metal), and that you're therefore gonna have to travel quite alone thru life for long periods. If you stick to your ideals - which I'm sure you will - one fine day you'll meet a woman who's somewhat the same as you, and you'll be able to have a relationship that goes much deeper.

Happened to me when I was 45, after some 30 years of a loooot of loneliness  :)

The best comes to those who are willing to wait (i.e. active waiting)  ;)

I'm not saying that one can't deepen one's relationship while in it. Of course one can !  That's what Mad and his wife are doing.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sat, 2008-10-18, 09:52:13
These days, not being there is no barrier to being there for someone.

Ermm, I might need to rethink that one... ;D

Since I'm not there, I can't helpya, Stevie  (think a hammer would help)  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Steve Jones

Feeling good.  We've just had our first snow of the season and everything looks fresh and magical.  Apart from the bits where the dogs sh*t ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

PH

I feel like a "spender"...

I asked my dad for his creditcard, so I could buy "Happiness Is The Road" and "Marbles", but I ended up buying a lot more...
All in all I owe him 177 euro... *gulp* :-X

-Paco

maddox

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2008-10-28, 20:13:23
I feel like a "spender"...

I asked my dad for his creditcard, so I could buy "Happiness Is The Road" and "Marbles", but I ended up buying a lot more...
All in all I owe him 177 euro... *gulp* :-X

-Paco

;D

I can imagine the look on his face.  :D

The Butterfly Man

I just got 2 policemen at my door asking me some random questions about my neighbour. When I asked them 'why' they wouldn't tell me...Turns out she is dead! :o That's basically all I know at this point and I feel rather strange about it. Not that I knew her or something (basically the only conversations we ever had weren't going any further than 'hi, how are you?'), but still.

It's odd. Don't really know what to say to be honest.

:-\

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

maddox

:o

Do you know how? Or are they silent about that?

PH

"How"? How dead she is? Or how she died?

Was she of the older kind of neighbours?

Man, that's actually pretty odd indeed... :-\

maddox

How she died of course, you silly.  :P

Nicky007

Quote from: Steve Jones on Tue, 2008-10-28, 18:33:47
We've just had our first snow of the season and everything looks fresh and magical.

Snow  ???

Are you sure that it's not the sheep being shorn ?  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Steve Jones

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2008-10-29, 00:06:37
Snow  ???
Are you sure that it's not the sheep being shorn ?  ;D

Definitely snow - it was cold when I was making snowballs, so I could tell. Early this year, I think it's caused by this global warming we've been hearing about. ;)
Regards, Steve Jones