News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2008-02-20, 23:12:03
Ok then, Mad, to redeem your disobediance, tell me what you think is so great about Foo Fighters - and more than "that they're good"  8)

Nicky.

Okay, the Foo Fighters...

I've began listening to them rather late i guess mostly because i thought that the sound of the Foo's were similar to bands like Kyuss (who i didn't like). By the time i was converted they just released the single 'Learn To Fly'. Oh wait, make that 'because of this single i was converted'.
The fact that Dave transformed himself from drummer to guitarist is very nice. It suits him and in fact if you  hear about his background in Nirvana you would be surprised to say the least.

What i like about the Foo's is their music: Good ol' rock in the way you don't hear much nowadays. But it's Rock with a Smile. Let's call it Smile-Rock.  ;)
Nothing epical about the Foo Fighters. Just what you hear is what you get.  8)

That's why they're good.  :D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

maddox

By the way, speaking about the Foo's: Anyone heard the album of Probos?
It's a project from Dave Grohl and it has some pretty unusual stuff on it.

More Voivod than the Foo Fighters if you ask me.

Oh, and to get back on topic: I feel fine. Tired but fine.  :D

PH

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2008-02-22, 23:32:22Oh, and to get back on topic: I feel fine. Tired but fine.  :D

Well, get some more coffee I say!

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2008-02-22, 22:46:50i thought that the sound of the Foo's were similar to bands like Kyuss (who i didn't like).

You mean Kiss?

-Paco

maddox

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2008-02-22, 22:46:50
Okay, the Foo Fighters ....

That's why they're good.  :D

Thanks, Mad, that's the sort of characterisations that are useful  :)

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Fri, 2008-02-22, 17:09:58
But meat IS good :D

As long as you keep in mind that you're murdering (directly or indirectly) a lot of innocent beings to gitit, Appy  :'(

And it's totally unnecessary nowadays, it's just a matter of getting rid of a dumb habit, just like smoking. I struggled with both - actually most with smoking - and overcame them  *horns*

Otoh I'v heard that beer is good for your soul, so therefore I'm sticking to it  :D

Nicky.

So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2008-02-23, 00:55:53No, i meant Kyuss;)

Ahh, ok.
I thought it was a typo, since the 'y' and the 'u' are right next to the 'i'.
An "Inktvip-habit" maybe?
Could have been...

-Paco

Deenfan

Goooood.

After all, I've devoured a lot of sausages we bbq'd outside in the winter sun. ;D

Bupie

I feel exhausted but happy. Today I climbed the Mont Ventoux with my road bike by the south face (Bedoin). A very hard climb, especially for me being completely out of shape those days. I struggled a lot  but didn't give up. For the last 5 kilometers, the road was closed because of snow (could have been open, though) so I had to pass a bareer and finish on a totally desert road to reach the summit completely alone. Almost no wind (which is very rare there), fresh but sunny weather. What a GREAT feeling, guys !!!

I was just missing Nicky to welcome me with a glass of fresh beer  (well, to be honest, I wouldn't have minded if it was Tarja or Simone, even without beer  ;)).

That was one of those days life is worth being lived for ...  :)

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mont_Ventoux ; The picture's legend is false : it's the south face.

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Thu, 2008-02-28, 21:32:14
I wouldn't have minded if it was Tarja or Simone, even without beer  ;)

or clothes  ;D

That was one of those days life is worth being lived for ...  :)

Sounds real great, Bups  *horns*

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mont_Ventoux

That link didnt go nowhere, Bups. But the regular Wikipedia article on Mont Ventoux has both nice pics (also the one you want us to see) and stories: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mont_Ventoux

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2008-02-28, 22:53:57
or clothes  ;D

Well, it was still a little cold up there, Nick. And to be honest, most of the time I prefer nice clothes to nudity ... which preserves the -great- pleasure to undress  ;). But maybe we should only talk about it after midnight  ;D

Nicky007

Tired, man. Hey, they sent me to a jobseeking course. I dont know what they're conjurin up. Can you guys imagine me in an office selling a wheel lock or bad luck ?

Well, if there's an office with good beer in the fridge, and maybe even prog on the hifi (who cares about blonde secretaries at my age), TTAEDS  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Better don't apply for a job at McGard then, Nicky - there's neither beer in the fridge nor prog on the air - not to speak of blonde secretaries...

Can't imagine you working all day instead of bothering the people on this forum anyway! ;)

Appelmoes??

I feel great (most of the time) :)

Work isn't as busy as usual atm (that's at the moment for Nicky) and I've got two projects I will be drawing pictures for *ola*

All, I need now is a nice lady and a vacation to make it complete  :P :D
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

I feel...like i've just spend a lot of money.  :-\

Oh wait...

I did.   :'(

Our washing machine died last week so we had to buy a new one.
And guess what?

I just did.  ;D

Nicky007

So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Deenfan

Nicky007

Same here !  Slept thru this morning. It's Maundy Thursday, and that means holiday in Denmark.

Going to an Easter Lunch with my theosophical group this afternoon. If funny things happen around you, you'l know why  ;D

Who else is off work today ?

And what are you guys gonno listen to today ?

I can only hear Kamelot these days. Please dont tell Clive and John and Mike  :D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2008-03-20, 09:15:50Going to an Easter Lunch with my theosophical group this afternoon. If funny things happen around you, you'l know why  ;D
LOL, what's a theosophical group? :D

I feel not so good by the way... Yesterday evening I got a pain in my back, and today I woke up and couldn't get off my bed because of the pain...
Because of some responsibilities I just HAD to go to school. So I had to turn around and tried to get up without using my back...

THE PAIN!! THE PAIN!!

maddox

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2008-03-20, 12:43:21
I feel not so good by the way... Yesterday evening I got a pain in my back, and today I woke up and couldn't get off my bed because of the pain...

Hey, get well, Paco  :-*

LOL, what's a theosophical group? :D

LOL yourself, Paco  ;)

Theosophy is actually a serious matter. It traces the development of the religious consciousness in Man from the seeds of animism over the emergence of monotheism to the Crucifixion and Resurrection of Christ - and, we believe, of all humans.

In my theosophy group, we study the far-ranging and difficult Secret Doctrine of Helena Blavatsky, a great work  *horns*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blavatsky

One of the things that grip me in prog rock is that I find the most exciting contemporary representation of theosophy in the music and lyrics of Arena, Ten, DT, Kamelot, Tool, SyX, and Steve Vai.

Another thing that grips me is that I experience prog as the natural continuation of the so-called classical music that emerged with Bach and somehow stopped with Rachmaninoff (Bach --> Rach). After Rach, music became more and more speculative and lost its emo. E.g. what's called 12-tone music, I see as arithmetic rather than music. OK, then came jazz, but Beatles bound music and religion together again - hence my great admiration of Beatles.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2008-03-20, 18:58:38Hey, get well, Paco  :-*
Thanks... Still not doing too good... :'( I took two paracetamol already... But I guess I have to visit the physiotherapist again (just like last year...)
Can't turn my head to either the left or right side. And looking down is not an option either... --> the pain.
I can only look forward or up. It's really terrible...

Thanks for the wishes anyway. As long as I keep looking up, all is gonna be well! ;)

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2008-03-20, 18:58:38Theosophy is actually a serious matter. It traces the development of the religious consciousness in Man from the seeds of animism over the emergence of monotheism to the Crucifixion and Resurrection of Christ - and, we believe, of all humans.
Wow... can you give me a website or anything? (and no wikipedia this time!) ;D

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2008-03-20, 18:58:38In my theosophy group, we study the far-ranging and difficult Secret Doctrine of Helena Blavatsky, a great work  *horns*

Nicky, I don't wanna be rude or harsh, but I sincerely warn you of the dangers... I'm not exactly sure what this is all about, but please keep in mind that I say this to you not because I'm so good, or know everything or whatever, but I'm kinda worried about it a little bit... :( As christians we can call each other to account, right? And as I said before, I don't really know anything about the subject, but it just doesn't feel good... I hope you'll understand...

I took a look at that wiki site about Blavatsky and it seems that she has something to do with occultism and was a pioneer of New Age and that sort of things...
Also, faith and philosophy can go together, BUT not without setting priorities...
"No religion is higher than truth" as this lady seems to have said. Which is (of course) true, but it depends on what you see as the truth... And where to look for the Truth? Exactly.
1 Corinthians 1 handles about "wisdom of the world" which can be translated as philosophy. Perhaps you can read this chapter for yourself.

With theosophy you go a direction which is mystic-philosphic and sometimes neo-buddhistic of character... Correct me if I'm wrong.
Please, if you want, explain to me what this exactly is (maybe you can open a topic in the Metaphysical Stuff section of the forum.)

I hope I didn't put you off or make you feel uncomfortable or angry or anything. I'm just telling what I feel, ok? :) (even almost on topic)

-Paco

bluepony

Because of some responsibilities I just HAD to go to school. So I had to turn around and tried to get up without using my back...

THE PAIN!! THE PAIN!!
See, Paco, that's what you get when you start making "dirty" comments!  ;)

Nevertheless, I hope your back is better now. You need to be fit and healthy to catch the Easter bunny!  ;D

Appelmoes??

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

bluepony