News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Ayreon!

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-02-16, 21:04:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Appelmoes??

Quote from: bluepony on Sat, 2008-03-15, 12:46:58
Appy, you're a walking, breathing encyclopedia!  ;)
:-[ Only for certain topics bluey ;)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

bluepony

So I guess I finally have to listen to the new Ayreon album, huh?  ;)

maddox

Quote from: bluepony on Mon, 2008-03-17, 20:55:00
So I guess I finally have to listen to the new Ayreon album, huh?  ;)

Of course you should.  ;)
As a matter of fact, it's a shame that you didn't already.  :P  ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Teunis

Sorry guys, but the new album doesn't do anything to me. Think I'm the only one here. Sure, some tracks are great but overall I have the feeling 'I've heard that before'. And I have played the album often enough to give it some time. Guess I'm a little bit Ayreon-tired  :-\.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Tue, 2008-03-18, 18:47:38Sorry guys, but the new album doesn't do anything to me.
I'm sorry too... Are you a real Dutchie? >:( ;)

Quote from: Teunis on Tue, 2008-03-18, 18:47:38Think I'm the only one here.
Yup. ;D

Quote from: Teunis on Tue, 2008-03-18, 18:47:38Sure, some tracks are great but overall I have the feeling 'I've heard that before'.
That's probably the idea. You should know that the whole Ayreon saga is a concept. So they are conceptalbums inside a big concept. With a theme. So musical themes are not exceptional.

Quote from: Teunis on Tue, 2008-03-18, 18:47:38And I have played the album often enough to give it some time. Guess I'm a little bit Ayreon-tired  :-\.
Bravo! Time to discover something new! ;D This was Ayreon's latest album anyway.

By the way, I think this was Ayreon's best album ever (musically). But I'm glad that Arjen is done with the Ayreon story now, it seems like he was getting out of inspiration (storywise).

-Paco

gelert

Quote from: gelert on Fri, 2008-01-25, 20:09:43
WOW - Hugely UN-impressed  :'(

Listened to it twice, and whilst being a "fan" after Peter turned me onto him / them / it, this double-album hasn't / doesn't do anything for me.

Sorry an' all that - but that's the way that it is! (Ah...there's an idea to cheer me up - Abominog!)

Hi Teunis - we are two then!
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Teunis

Didn't know that this was the last Ayreon album. But with Arjen you never know  ;).

With this kind of music I hope to hear something new, refreshing on every new release. That's why '01011001' was kind of disappointing for me.

Thanks for your explaining Paco, but it won't change my mind  ;D ;).

And you're right, there's enough great music to discover  *horns*

Teunis

Quote from: gelert on Tue, 2008-03-18, 19:29:59
Hi Gelert. Okay, so we aren't feeling lonely anymore  :D

Appelmoes??

It wasn't the last Ayreon album, just the last one of that "Saga" ;)

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

Quote from: Teunis on Tue, 2008-03-18, 18:47:38
Sorry guys, but the new album doesn't do anything to me. Think I'm the only one here. Sure, some tracks are great but overall I have the feeling 'I've heard that before'. And I have played the album often enough to give it some time. Guess I'm a little bit Ayreon-tired  :-\.

Teunis, I felt exactly the same way when I first got it, I was totally disappointed. Now I love it. Just as a hint from an Ayreon lover.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Peter

Quote from: gelert on Tue, 2008-03-18, 19:29:59

gelert... GELERT?! Is that you? I mean, YOU?! great to see you're still up and running :)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Teunis

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2008-03-18, 19:48:52
It wasn't the last Ayreon album, just the last one of that "Saga" ;)
I thought PH wrote that, but he wrote 'latest' album and not 'last'  ;D. Well, I own all the previous albums anyway.

Teunis

Quote from: Peter on Tue, 2008-03-18, 19:50:08
Teunis, I felt exactly the same way when I first got it, I was totally disappointed. Now I love it. Just as a hint from an Ayreon lover.
Well, okay. I haven't played it for a month or so, I'll give it another spin. It worked before, had that with Sylvan's 'Posthumous Silence'. Many people found it a masterpiece and I couldn't understand that. A few months later I played it again and thought': 'what a masterpiece'  *horns* ;D

gelert

Quote from: Peter on Tue, 2008-03-18, 19:51:53
gelert... GELERT?! Is that you? I mean, YOU?! great to see you're still up and running :)

No it's not. I just hacked into the Board Membership to find an underused member's nick with loads of posts to his credit, and then hijacked it!   8)

A'hem.

Hi Peter - TVM for the good wishes.  ;)

Back off-topic. I'm going to do what Teunis is going to do - whatever that is.  :o

And then afterwards, I'll play the Ayreon CD, as I haven't heard it since my post of 25th January.
Maybe it'll work for me too?
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

bluepony

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2008-03-17, 21:31:23
Of course you should.  ;)
As a matter of fact, it's a shame that you didn't already.  :P  ;)
Yes... I know... so I'll stand in a corner and be ashamed for the rest of the day... I'm afraid that means I cannot listen to the album (the stereo is in the other corner of the room!).  ;)

Well, I guess the real reason that I haven't given it a listen is that I've had the latest Avantasia album as well as a few Caamora EPs on "heavy rotation" both in the stereo and in the car. Once I get tired of either of these, I'll give the new Ayreon album a try.

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Tue, 2008-03-18, 19:57:02I thought PH wrote that, but he wrote 'latest' album and not 'last'  ;D.
Spot on! Although I actually meant 'last'.  :-\

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2008-03-18, 19:48:52It wasn't the last Ayreon album, just the last one of that "Saga" ;)
Why would he do it under the same name? It's the 'Ayreon saga'...
The minstrel who forsaw the apocalypse of mankind is gonna make a return? With another (different) story?
I think that would be very difficult...
The medieval-folk-scifi mix is inextricable tied to the story of Ayreon.
I'm sure he'll continue writing rock operas, but I think he'll do it under a new name, maybe Aslos or something (sounds great to me to be honest).
Or what about 'Mautorian Spurnkin', just letting loose some random names.
'Qwaszx'?

I should write my own rock opera. I got a great idea about apples!

-Paco

bluepony

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2008-03-18, 21:04:13
I should write my own rock opera. I got a great idea about apples!

-Paco

:D
Go ahead, Paco!

Appelmoes??

How about them apples!?

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2008-03-18, 21:07:44
How about them apples!?

Well, first you pluck them, then you peel them, then you grind them.
What's left, is you.

-Paco

PH

Oh! And add some sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet sugar to it. ;D

;)

sweet sugar.....

sugar....

sugar....

Yeah, I get it now. Won't happen again...

Appelmoes??

Nobody sucks me >:( :D

My drawings on MySpace

bluepony

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2008-03-18, 21:15:05
Oh! And add some sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet sucker to it. ;D

;)

Sucker?  :o  Are you sure you didn't mean sugar, Paco!?  ???

bluepony

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2008-03-18, 21:22:21
Nobody sucks me >:( :D
Not sure what to make of this... are you threatening people not to, or do you wish someone would...?  ;)
(Ooooh, this is SO off-topic... and also getting rude... oh dear, Peter, please don't ban me, but it was a long day today for me!)

PH

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Sugar indeed....

I'll change it quickly before Nicky takes revenge...

-Paco

Deenfan

Ah, one of my favourite bands, since the brilliant debut hit me square in the face when it first came out.

Of course, that kind of magic could never happen again, but he's constantly delivering great music - great product!!

The only true disappointment in the new album is that he didn't manage to hold off Jørn Lande any longer. It was so cool, having just about every hard rock singer on the planet (Earth, in this case) sing on the albums, but not the one singer that already sings on just about every album on the planet. Now, all is lost. :-\

But, man, this last opus is cool... 8)