News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Proggy Holiday

Started by Constable Hogweed, Tue, 2005-08-30, 22:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you like to go on holiday for a month with?

Jon Anderson
2 (11.8%)
Tony Banks
0 (0%)
Steve Hillage
0 (0%)
Ian Anderson
2 (11.8%)
Roger Waters
1 (5.9%)
Nick Barrett
6 (35.3%)
Peter Nicholls
2 (11.8%)
Carl Palmer
1 (5.9%)
Jan Akkerman
0 (0%)
Annie Haslam
2 (11.8%)
Rick Wakeman
4 (23.5%)
Fish
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Constable Hogweed

No Arena guys in this poll, or it would be a cakewalk.  ;D
Who would you like to spend a month with? at what location? and why?

Xanxtuary

Well apart from my beloved Hogweed, I would choose Nick Barrett because he makes me laugh and Jon Anderson because we could get him to sing songs around the campfire! Nick could play guitar to accompany him!
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

kmorse

my wife wouldn't understand my voting for Annie Haslam  ;D
I'm falling.....Falling down again!

JJ II

Well, in dact, I did meet Fish on my holiday once, so I voted for him. We drove up to his hometown and asked for him at the local pub. He was kind enough to have a beer with us, which he wasn't obliged to, so I though that was pretty nice. I sure did add to my holidays. Scotland was fab, but this gave a bit of extra flavour, as you can imagine.

CygnusX1

Heather Findlay, Rachel Jones, and Christine from Magenta please. ;D

Peter

Clearly also Onkel Fish for me.

Make it two weeks, place is irrelevant. I'd use the time to beat the s**t out of him for having been such a prima donna back at the time that made probably the best prog rock band band split up.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

JJ II

First: let's don't turn it into a Fish-thread...
Second: yeah, I would love to spend my holiday with Paul McCartney and then kill him for leaving the greatest band ever... :-\
Third: sorry for the typos in my mail (dact=fact, I= it)

gelert

Quote from: JJ II on Wed, 2005-08-31, 17:53:56
First: let's don't turn it into a Fish-thread...

Oh, go on...
I prefer Monofilament 10lb, with a 30lb wire-trace for ledgering off of the North Devon beaches (risk of conger, don'tcha know), but I have to go much lighter for sporting reasons, when on the North-East coast...but the trusty 18' Beach-Caster works in both locales.

Generally, I prefer a multiplyer, but I've had some exciting battles using a fixed-reel.

My fishing-buddy, Banksey, (aka Tony B.), prefers dangling his Crab-Line over-the-side...(I think that he favours fish from the undertow)...

...whilst discussing the musical merits of Judie Tzuke.

But invariably, the subject always returns to Dolly Parton having the biggest hits...
...leastways, that what it sounds like, over the thunder of the North Devon waves crashing against the rocks.

"Beware the fisherman, who's casting-out his line
Into a dried-up river-bed
But don't try to tell him, 'cos he won't believe you.
Throw some bread to the ducks instead, it's easier that way.
Feel like an A'hab, derranged 'round a lemon plaice"

BTW...NP-> Duke - Genesis & Tony Banks - A Curious Feeling...at the same time....!  Whilst watching "The Wizard Of Oz"...

...and it all makes sense...!

Who needs DSOTM, eh....!
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Xanxtuary

Methinks Chancellor Gelert should go on a fishing holiday with Chip Winterweed (Hoggie's stepfather) and his mates, Neal Morse and Martin Orford.  He would find some like minded fish-heads who really know how to have a good time!

Weymouth Mackerel (lightly boiled) anyone?

Sardines marinaded in a marmite gelee?
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

Moonloop

Fish & Ian Anderson.

Why..?? Because.....  ;D
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Simtere

Hmmmm ..... none of the above in fact.  To quote Marvin "Sounds Ghastly".

Basically I'm kind of fussy who I go on holiday with, so I'll stick with the wife.

Teunis

I chose Nick Barrett for his emotional guitar playing. Couldn't find a second person. Would like to take Damian Wilson with me instead, he has the perfect voice.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

keyboardistmatt

Wakeman and Fish... For good humour and interesting conversation! ;D
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

maddox

Finally after all those months i placed my vote. :P
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Appelmoes??

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Nicky007

I think just a few days with Jonathan Davis from Korn would freak me out so much that I'd need a month's holiday without him afterward  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2007-08-16, 18:31:49
I think just a few days with Jonathan Davis from Korn would freak me out so much that I'd need a month's holiday without him afterward  ;D

Nicky.

It's better to spend your holidays with Jonathan Davis than with...

MARLYN MANSON.   :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

You got a point there, Maddox. Better stay away from all Mansons  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2007-08-16, 18:49:29
It's better to spend your holidays with Jonathan Davis than with...

MARLYN MANSON.   :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

;)

Yeah... he would bite your ear off when you look the other way and he'll scare you to death when you look at him straight in the eye.

My vote goes to Nick Barrett, because he seems like a very enjoyable chap, very laughable actually.
Second vote to Peter Nicholls because he seems like a very intelligent person, and he can draw very well.

Nice bump by the way, Maddox.
(And thank you Appelmoes?? for being (of course) the first one to reply with minimum words)

johninblack

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2007-08-18, 22:57:58
My vote goes to Nick Barrett, because he seems like a very enjoyable chap, very laughable actually.

Nick is a really lovely guy, very approachable and easy to talk to. I had the pleasure of meeting him at Riff's last year at a Credo gig and bless him he congratulated me on my choice of tee shirt. He was rather taken with it and thought it was very nice.