News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Official Biography online on December 9th

Started by JJ II, Mon, 2005-11-07, 12:50:25

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ II

Hi all,

On December 9th it's 10 years ago that Arena played their first gig. Time to celebrate! Over the last year I've been working on a biography, together with Erik Beers, who is on this forum as well.
Since we don't have any printing-budget, we decided to make the biography available online, which has the advantage that we can upate it every once and a while.
Version 1.0 of "The Salt and the Sand", the official Arena biography, will probably be available in a pdf-format, free for everyone....
It will include a full discography (including fanclub-albums, videos and bootlegs) and a live-set history (keep those ancient setlists coming in!).
The story is based on new, extensive interviews with Clive, Mick, Rob, John M and John J. who were all kind enough to co-operate and share their views on 10 years of Arena.

We hope you'll enjoy!

HelenDo

Sounds fantastic. Really looking forward to seeing it.

Helenxxx

Wilford Jr.

No longer feeling anything
Fading fast
Nothing lasts
Beyond the waking hour

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Invisible_Jen

I have read all your letters
I know what you contain
I have dreamt your dreams....

keyboardistmatt

That sound great!  Someone's really on the ball - I'll look foward to that! :)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

marcello

Is this going to be accessible on "the cage" or another website?
What will I be, When Winter comes again, and were wrapped up in furs, and life has begun again

JJ II

Probably on The Cage...

By the way: does anyone have any GOOD foto's of ancient Arena (that is, pre 1998)....?

JJ II

ARENA BIOGRAPHY TO BE PUBLISHED ONLINE - DECEMBER 9th 2005

On December 9th it will be exactly 10 years since Arena played their first gig. Time to celebrate! So on this day, the first official, extensive Arena biography will be published on The Cage Page, www.the-cage.org.

The biography, entitled The Salt and The Sand, has been written by Jan-Jaap de Haan, together with Erik Beers, and is based on new, extensive interviews with Clive, Mick, Rob, John M and John J. who were all kind enough to co-operate and share their views on 10 years of Arena history.
The Salt and The Sand includes a lot of (rare) photos, a full discografy (including fanclub releases and videos) and live setlists. Altogether: over 60 pages of information on one of the greatest prog bands of this time!

It will only be available to all Cage-subscribers online, in PDF-format, for free.

johninblack

I'm really looking forward to seeing the results of your hard work.

Thank you JJ II and Eric

johninblack

It's available on The Cage NOW! It is bloody excelent work, Thanks again guys!