News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Neal Morse - Testimony 2

Started by PH, Fri, 2011-05-20, 19:26:57

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

Who's going to buy this one?
Are you as excited as I am?
Are you going to buy the standard edition, the box set, or the box set and the book?

I think I'll go for the third option.

Or are you sceptical about this release? Are you afraid of another "Lifeline" (which was a bit of a disappointment)?

I'm very curious. I was disappointed with "Lifeline", but it was just one album out of many Morse related albums. I'm not hoping on another "Sola Scriptura" or "?" (which were both very exciting. I can often not decide which one is the best.), but I'm hoping on... well... a "Testimony 2" actually.

Teunis

Definitely going to buy this one, probably the 2cd edition. I always bought special editions from other bands, but found myself watching extra 'making of' footage once ::). Besides, most of the time not interesting and boring. Looking forward to the album. I doubt where to do buy the album though. I'm attending the Neal Morse gig in Zwolle on 2nd June. Most of the money goes to the artist when buying it there, but it's cool to know the album when hearing it live. Probably going to buy it before the gig and I'll buy there a t-shirt, cap or something like that :D. And 'Lifeline' was no disappointment for me  ;).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

maddox

Well given the fact that I usually buy the big boxes from the bands or acts that I enjoy the most, it's most likely going to be the big box of Testimony 2.

I really hope that Neal masters the quality 'the art of cut to make things better' especially because I believe that prt I of Testimony would be better off as one cd only. Maybe a part of the second as a bonus but definitely not the entire second cd.
It's a real task to get through the first album in one spin.
I rarely succeed in doing so.

I've read twitter messages from Mike that it's going to be huge so I'm really curious about the album.

I agree with you, Paco that Lifeline was disappointing but there are some good songs upon it.
The titletrack is a good one, Leviathan, So Many Roads and the last track Fly High were all good tracks.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2011-05-20, 19:26:57
Who's going to buy this one?

I bought it.

QuoteAre you as excited as I am?

I don't know how excited you are... ;)

QuoteAre you going to buy the standard edition, the box set, or the box set and the book?

I bought the box set (without the book).

I pre-ordered it from Radiant Records, meaning that I got a free MP3-download of disc 1 of the album. So I've got the possibility to listen to it already... But I just don't have the time to do so! :( So far I only listened to Part Six (Mercy Street, Overture No. 4, Time Changer and Jayda). It sounds promising but it's far too early to tell if this is album is a return to form for Neal Morse after the somewhat mediocre Lifeline...

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2011-05-21, 15:03:32
I really hope that Neal masters the quality 'the art of cut to make things better' especially because I believe that prt I of Testimony would be better off as one cd only.

I hope so too Mad, but I don't think that'll be a problem this time since the main story is told on disc 1 I believe, whereas the songs on disc 2 are not an integral part of the story.

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

PH

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2011-05-21, 15:03:32
I agree with you, Paco that Lifeline was disappointing but there are some good songs upon it.
The titletrack is a good one, Leviathan, So Many Roads and the last track Fly High were all good tracks.

Yes, I also think the titletrack was really good. So Many Roads was OK, but it was a bit fragmented. Some parts I really like, and some not so good parts. The rest was not Neal Morse standard, I'm afraid... ;) Although, I must say, I think the ballads were really nice. Not prog though, but still...

PH

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Mon, 2011-05-23, 11:35:11
I bought it.

I couldn't find it yet. :( I think I'll have to buy it from Bol.com or something, my favourite prog shop didn't have it. >:(

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Mon, 2011-05-23, 11:35:11
I don't know how excited you are... ;)

Really excited. ;D

Teunis

My wife was so kind to buy it for me. She bought the special edition (2cd+DVD 'making of'), there wasn't an other version ::). Halfway through the first spin and I have to say: pleasantly surprised so far 8). Great melodies, tempo changes. It's the Neal we love ;).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

The Butterfly Man

I got my package today and listened to both cd's this evening. I think I'll enjoy this album a lot more than the previous one. It's got a lot of potential. But the last track of disc 2, Seeds Of Gold, really blew me away. I think it's hands down the best track Neal Morse has ever recorded. 26 minutes of absolute genius! 8)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

maddox

I want to buy the big box thingy which includes the book but I can only buy it directly from Radiant Records.
But you can only pay by creditcard and not by Paypal.

And guess whot?

I don't have a credit card.  :'(
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2011-05-26, 16:55:21
I want to buy the big box thingy which includes the book but I can only buy it directly from Radiant Records.
But you can only pay by creditcard and not by Paypal.

And guess whot?

I don't have a credit card.  :'(

Same problem here.
Can't find the book anywhere. Prog shops and book stores, none has it.
Not only that. Can't find the album either.
What happened? :o

PH

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2011-05-26, 18:18:44
Same problem here.
Can't find the book anywhere. Prog shops and book stores, none has it.
Not only that. Can't find the album either.
What happened? :o

Still don't have the book, but it can wait. The album is here! The special edition of course (I am a fan ;D)!

funkster

How good is this !!!

Think i will give Pendragon a miss tonight and see Neal in Manchester in a few weeks instead

funkster

A truly superb album and more moving , spiritual and uplifting then 100 church services.

PH

Quote from: funkster on Sat, 2011-06-04, 08:58:10
A truly superb album and more moving , spiritual and uplifting then 100 church services.

:D

It IS a great album!

It's better than "Lifeline" and better than "Testimony" and "One".
I think.