News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

A PROPER keyboard poll!

Started by keyboardistmatt, Fri, 2005-05-13, 13:02:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Which brand of MODERN keyboard is the favorite? (Bear in mind, I cant put 'em all here!!)

Korg
9 (39.1%)
Roland
11 (47.8%)
Clavia (Nord Lead)
2 (8.7%)
Yamaha
7 (30.4%)
Alesis
0 (0%)
Kurzweil
4 (17.4%)
Other
1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

PH

I voted for YAMAHA and ROLAND.
I have a YAMAHA DGX-205 (which is the same as the YAMAHA PSR-295 but with a pitch bend handle) and I'm very much liking it.
But then again I'm not a keyboardfreak so I wouldn't know which one is best.
But I think YAMAHA and ROLAND are bothe REALLY good.

Spad

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Wed, 2005-10-05, 00:03:26
The Nord Electro is an electromechanical keyboard emulator.  It contains high quality samples of Acoustic Pianos, Rhodes, and Wurlitzer stage pianos, Clavinet, and B3 organ. 

It has no synthesizer or sound editing function, just the afore-mentioned samples, and and effects section.  The 'organ' section contains 9 'digital' drawbars, percussion control, vibrato control, and a manual switch.  The piano section simply uses presence controls.

In the effects section, you have modulations (tremolo, ring mod, etc...), effects (phaser, flanger, etc...), 2-band EQ, and overdrive controls, as well as rotary speaker controls for the organ sounds.

Tomas Bodin's synth sounds come from his Nord Lead 3, and Korg Prophecy synthesizers. There is an 88 note Fatar SL880 MIDI controller there as well, and a rack of modules behind him. 

The rack contains: Akai S5000 (sampler), Novation Supernova (synth), Lexicon MPX500, and MPX100 (effects processors) and a Nord Modular (synth).
There are a couple of others, but they are just power conditioners... :)

Tomas has excellent knowledge of MIDI, and like many other keyboard players he will be able to use virtually any keyboard to play any module (or modules!) in the rack, via MIDI. ;)

;D  ;D great!!! What a knowledge!!!!  ;D  ;D Why don't you write an article on Wikipedia???  ;)

Thanks, you were very sharp and exaustive with your explanation.... Now I'll look at The Flower Kings concerts with a new interest and attention.....
Cheers.

Davide.

Does it to matter to you?
In the lions' cage we're all the same.

Vanderwoude

I voted for Yamaha and Roland. I have seen PH's one and I really liked it. I've got a keyboard wich wasn't to expensive (5 octaves) but it sounds fine and I'm really loving playing on it.
''I'm a million times removed, from the socially closed world.''
I can imagine, that wouldn't be too nice.

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Spad on Wed, 2005-10-05, 09:49:23
;D  ;D great!!! What a knowledge!!!!  ;D  ;D Why don't you write an article on Wikipedia???  ;)

Thanks, you were very sharp and exaustive with your explanation.... Now I'll look at The Flower Kings concerts with a new interest and attention.....
Cheers.

Davide.

Thanks! :)

I would write an article on Wikipedia, but I never have the time!  ...one day, maybe! :)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Appelmoes??

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

gelert

Quote from: gelert on Thu, 2005-09-15, 20:07:12
...but watch this space.

Quote from: johninblack on Wed, 2005-10-05, 06:05:11
OK, used up most of my lunch break 'watching this space' and NOTHING HAPPENED. Now I have to go back to work all dissapointed wondering what exciting things are happening in the space.

Aaaah...So pre-occupied you were (briefly adopts YoDa voice)...

...you failed to fully appreciate the local busking Jazz band, zipping through a rendition of Marillion's "The Space"...
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: gelert on Wed, 2005-10-12, 19:19:27
Aaaah...So pre-occupied you were (briefly adopts YoDa voice)...

...you failed to fully appreciate the local busking Jazz band, zipping through a rendition of Marillion's "The Space"...

These people don't know what they missed!  It was wonderful... ;D
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt