News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Melo

Started by Melo, Sat, 2005-04-09, 14:09:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Melo

This is a tough one, for my taste is fairly eclectic and I go through phases where I listen to just a couple of bands for weeks on end; however, I shall list some of the bands/musicians whose music has sustained me:

Arena
Azureth
Band of Rain
Beatles
Black Sabbath
Cream
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Elvis Presley
Hawkwind
Jethro Tull
Jimi Hendrix
Judas Priest
King Crimson (till they turned wierd)
Led Zepellin
Marillion
Moody Blues
Nektar
Pendragon
Pink Floyd
Rare Earth
Renaissance
Traffic
Salva
Steppenwolf
Van Der Graaf Generator
Who (The)
Yes

There are loads more but am trying to limit myself  ;D

Melo

To anyone interested - I highly recommend Band of Rain's Deep Space and Salva's A Handful of Earth... Both albums are hard to place in any one slot/genre but Deep Space  has a more psychedelic sound while A Handful of Earth has more of a hard rock feel to it.

Melo

I have been listening to the Dream Macine... amazing psychedelic/space-rock band... made up of former members of the Ozric Tentacles - their music is much better than that of the Ozrics

Saryna

Hi Anita!  Dream Machine.  I hear the name but didn't know what their story is.  I like the Ozrics and would be interested in what you mean by better than Ozrics.  In what way?  Just curious becaue I'd be interested in hearing them. :)