News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

eyes of la(u)ra moon?

Started by marsai, Fri, 2006-12-01, 12:38:40

Previous topic - Next topic

marsai

any connection between the track and neil gaiman's "american gods", cause the lyrics pretty much collide with the books theme and the laura moon character within..any sense in this or just a coincidence? if there is something to it why the laura-lara conversion? apologies if this was already brought up:) any response appriciated ;)cheers

erik

interesting suggestion! it's been a while since i read american gods, i'd have to reread it in this new light  ::)
clive's lyrics are influenced by books (ursula le guin's earthsea has been a source of inpiration for example), so it's quite possible
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

bellanova

I dont know if this has been mentioned before but the title of the song is just a little too like the name of the movie "The Eyes of Laura Mars"! Is it Clives play on the words? Also the film is about a woman who has premonitions of murders but never gets to see who the killer is which is how i interpret the song ie About premonitions! Anyway i love the song. When i hear Rob singing it, i always get goosebumps. But then most Arena songs have the same effect on me!  :-[