News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Clive's codes

Started by erik, Fri, 2005-08-12, 23:37:10

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Quote from: johninblack on Tue, 2007-07-31, 05:18:38
Shit! I can see both, and very nearly at the same time......is that good or bad?

So can i. But i already knew the pic.  ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

I was just joking earlier, it takes more to knock me out.

My fiancée fleshed out the features of the young lady, and I can identify her now. However, I don't consider it a very good dual pic, I've seen better.

It would be great to get some more tips for understanding Pepper's Ghost better - it's a fantastic album - but please, some with substance, so that we're not just dragged around in the arena.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2007-07-31, 21:14:05
I don't consider it a very good dual pic, I've seen better.

Do you know the one with the 7 (or 9?) dolphins - kids usually see only the dolphins, grown-ups see a kissing couple - or those things that are perfectly still but seem to move?

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Wed, 2007-08-01, 11:39:50
Do you know the one with the 7 (or 9?) dolphins - kids usually see only the dolphins, grown-ups see a kissing couple - or those things that are perfectly still but seem to move?

Yeah, that's the thing. I find these much more ingenious than the hag/bimbo jive. I don't get what makes the latter so hot among shrinks and shrinkoids.

It would be fun if Arena could do something like that on their next album, if ........ But how do you surpass Contagion and Pepper's Ghost? Seems impossible ......... but then again, it has to be tried!

It's funny, I like all these side projects: Nolan and Wakeman, Kino, Pendragon, Frost*, and so on and so forth, but come on, Arena are simply such a special treat, light years above all these other outfits. I'm sorry to say it, but I don't understand why the guys are messing around in all these other places, when they've tasted TRUE GENIUS.

Can anyone explain this? "Clive's codes" actually wouldn't be out of place for such a discussion. Hey, Clive, listen now!

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2007-08-01, 13:32:41
It would be fun if Arena could do something like that on their next album, if ........ But how do you surpass Contagion and Pepper's Ghost? Seems impossible ......... but then again, it has to be tried!
Well, when "The Visitor" was released everybody thought they could NEVER beat this album... but obviously they did again and again with the following ones! So I'd say we'll just wait and see...  :)

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2007-08-01, 13:32:41
Hey, Clive, listen now!
He can't, he's too busy with one of his side projects right now!  ;)

Nicky007

Maybe if John, Bellanova, PH and I (and Appy on apple-o-phone) plink-plonk up our tribute album, Clive and the guys will laugh so much that they'll get the message  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Hmmm... tribute to who/what?  ;)

Nicky007

Bluepony, a lot of stuff here refers to earlier discussions. When you have the time, you should go back and browse through all the dusty shelves of the Room, there are lots of treasures to be found. I do that ever so often, and I always find gems, e.g. recently Maddox' thoughts leading to his choice of name. Roomies are lively and adventurous people, you'll realise that when you go a'browsin.  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

I think time is not the problem here - it's rather a question of capacity of memory... my poor brain is constantly close to overload!  ;)

Nicky007

Yeah, I know that women have less capacity for intellectual activities, you're too busy teasing us men - whoops, didn't say that  ;D

By the way, we have a thread on ladies and prog, would be interesting to have your take on that matter.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2007-08-02, 12:07:07
Yeah, I know that women have less capacity for intellectual activities...
Not necessarily, but like Clive (or was it Nick?) said on one of the DVDs, memory is like a shelf and if you put something on the one end, something else might fall off the other end of the shelf. Sometimes I think I have an extremely small memory shelf!

...you're too busy teasing us men...
Teasing men? Who, ME?! Honestly, I'd never do that!!  ;) ;D

By the way, we have a thread on ladies and prog, would be interesting to have your take on that matter.
Alright, I'll have a look at it - if I can remember to do so, that is...  ;)

PH

Smegal... (and I think Bluepony too...)

What do you mean with the front cover of Pepper's Ghost?

Smegal, you have kept us in the dark for too long now! Now is the time to tell us what you see on the cover of Pepper's Ghost!

-Paco

Appelmoes??

I don't think there's anything hidden in the cover, Smegal made us all curious :D
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Sun, 2008-02-10, 01:00:20
I don't think there's anything hidden in the cover, Smegal made us all curious :D

Well i did saw a big tower on it somewhere on the background.  ???

;D

Oh wait, that was on the inside.
Oh, well.  :D

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2008-02-10, 01:02:37
Well i did saw a big tower on it somewhere on the background.  ???

That must have taken you quite some time, Mad ...... but as you're Mad ......  ::)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2008-02-09, 22:44:38

-Paco

Nothing... ;)

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2008-02-09, 22:44:38

Smegal, you have kept us in the dark for too long now! Now is the time to tell us what you see on the cover of Pepper's Ghost!

-Paco

Yes, I agree.

Smegal, That magic eye thing was suggested back in 2005!!!!!
You said you'd let us stew a little longer... NOT 2 years longer!! :o

What are we supposed to be looking for?
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

PH

bluepony

Call him at work - the Greyhound Inn somewhere near Reading I think...  ;)

daryy

good idea! ;D Mercury AC Compressor - Discount AC Parts offers high quality, discount Mercury AC Parts for all Mercury Makes and Models.
Welcome to the Toyota Parts Store!  - Free Shipping.Shop for Toyota Camry Parts from Car Parts Warehouse at wholesale price online. Visit Car Parts Warehouse to buy  quality replacement Toyota Parts
We offer original mercedes benz parts! Find best prices for Mercedes Benz parts by browsing our complete catalog of discount Mercedes  parts

maddox

Quote from: daryy on Thu, 2009-01-08, 03:41:27
good idea! ;D

Yeah, we sometimes have one of those.

Don't tell anyone though.  ;)