News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Queensrÿche

Started by maddox, Thu, 2012-06-28, 16:19:14

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Astonished I was when I saw that there isn't a topic about Queensrÿche in this Room.  ???

With all the positive comments by some of us about this band, you would guess that there would be such a topic.

Well, what better way to start a new topic than to bring you (old?) news about this band?
Even if it's the negative kind.

A shock to some but Geoff Tate has parted ways with Queensrÿche.
To be precise, he's fired.
The band showed him the door.

To fill the gap, the band recruited the singer of Crimson Glory, Todd la Torre who's been the replacement singer in Crimson Glory ever since Midnight died.

Some intel:

Quote from: Classic Rock
Queensryche have split with singer Geoff Tate, and will continue with Todd La Torre in his place, the band have confirmed.

Speculation had been strong in recent weeks that a parting of the ways was on the cards, with the rest of the band revealing they'd formed a splinter group called Rising West featuring Crimson Glory frontman La Torre at the mic.

Drummer Scott Rockenfield says in a statement: "Over the past few months there have been growing creative differences within Queensryche. We want our fans to know that we hoped to find a common resolution, but in the end parting ways with Geoff was the best way for everyone to move forward in a positive direction.

"We wish him the best of luck with all of his future endeavours. We can't wait to bring Queensryche to our fans with Todd behind the microphone."

In an interview with Rolling Stone Magazine, the singer gave his version of events...

You can read the entire interview over here.

Sorry to bring you bad news, folks. ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

That is bad news, Mad  :'(

I expect that the same thing will happen to Q as to Marillion, that there will only be the shell left - imo  :P

I never thought about it before, but Fish and Geoff are quite similar in many ways  ;)

And they were the souls of their respective bands  8)

Warrel did the right thing: He knew that Nevermore would never be the same without Jeff, so he left Nevermore aside and started up Sanctuary again, which started out without Jeff.

Otoh one can be surprised: I have to admit that Paul Manzi didnt quite do it for me as the replacement for Rob, but Paul Mackie did surprisingly well in Pallas, and the biggest positive surprise for me was Benoît David, who burned thru so well that I really experienced Fly From Here as good old Yes, and a real fine album at that, so ... so what ?  ;D

Yeah, dunno what it is. With these great bands, I'm sure that everyone gives it his all, and there are many factors that play together to determine the end result, whether the music grips or not  ???

Guys, I'd really like to hear yer opinions on these matters  ;)

Mad, thanx for starting this thread and informing us  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

funkster

Not listened to Queensryche post Empire but there seems to have been problems in the camp for a while now so no major surprise.

Of course the band can continue without their original singer see Iron Maiden , Genesis , Marillion , Arena and even Priest eh Nicky  ;)

PH

Tate is an exceptional singer. Don't know the new guy, so can't comment on that. Queensrÿche is not one of the bands I closely follow, but as I said before, I really like the album "Tribe". Queensrÿche without Tate seems really strange to me. As you can read in the interview, Geoff really IS Queensrÿche.

Strange world we're living in.

Nicky007

OK, Funky, I didnt think of Priest, but they are an interesting case: After Rob Halford left, the band went on a long hiatus. That's when Glenn did his two fine albums with other friends. But then the Priest guys got itchy, they auditioned for a singer, and found Tim "Ripper" Owens. He was an excellent singer, and had been singing in a Priest cover band in Ohio. But the interesting spin is that Glenn decided that instead of Ripper just "replacing" Rob, they should try out an entirely different style, and the two resulting albums with Ripper, Jugulator and Demolition, really are very different from the Halford albums. I think that this was a great decision. But also very daring, and unfortunately most fans didnt go for the two Ripper albums. They received Ripper quite warmly, but they wanted to hear the old Priest songs at concerts.

So that's also a way of doin it  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

OK, I read the interview now. Real sad, man  :'(

Thanx anyway, Mad, for sharing this with us  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

You're welcome, guys.

Wish I could bring you good news though. ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.