News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Nevermore

Started by funkster, Wed, 2010-11-03, 07:15:00

Previous topic - Next topic

funkster

I am just listening to Dreaming neon black for the first time which is a challenging , heavy and conceptually interesting album.

What other Nevermore albums should i check out ?

Nicky007

All of'm, Funky, except the first (self-titled), initially, as the guys weren't fully revved up then; they still sounded very much like Sanctuary. But already the second studio album The Politics of Ecstasy is a progmetal classic  *horns*

But OK, my fave Nevermore album is This Godless Endeavor - whew !

And get Jeff Loomis' Zero Order Phase too, to my mind by far the best metal guitar instrumental album  ;)

I think now also Tom can second me on that.

Nevermore are one of my top fave bands, as you probably know. I'v written a lot about'm in the Room, which you can seek up, if you gain interest in Nevermore.

I shall nevermore write that much about'm in the Room  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2010-11-03, 12:15:08
And get Jeff Loomis' Zero Order Phase too, to my mind by far the best metal guitar instrumental album  ;)

I like Zero Order Phase very much, but it's not my favourite metal guitar instrumental album, that's honor belongs to John Petrucci's Suspended Animation. But maybe I'm just being a fanboy... ;D

QuoteNevermore are one of my top fave bands

I didn't know! ;D

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Nicky007

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2010-11-03, 12:40:08
But maybe I'm just being a fanboy... ;D

;) Tommy boy.

Well, understandable, JP and JL are my two fave guitarists  *horns* *horns*

Give ZOP a few more spins: After about five spins it becomes severely addictive  8)

And for a guitarist like myself, very humbling. I'm a pretty capable metal guitarist, but when I hear the stuff that the two J's do, man  ::) ::) ::)

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2010-11-03, 12:40:08
I didn't know! ;D

:P

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Until now I only have the Obsedian Conspiracy which I, have to be honest ;), really like.

Proggy, thrashy, metally, musically....
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2010-11-03, 16:24:11
... only ...

You know, Mad, there's a solution to that, in fact several: I don't know whether you'v considered it, but you could somehow obtain further Nevermore albums, either buy'm, borrow'm from the library, or listen to'm on YouTube  ;)

But right, Obsidian is another great album from a great group  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2010-11-03, 16:28:43
You know, Mad, there's a solution to that, in fact several: I don't know whether you'v considered it, but you could somehow obtain further Nevermore albums, either buy'm, borrow'm from the library, or listen to'm on YouTube  ;)

But right, Obsidian is another great album from a great group  *horns*

Nicky.

I somehow did fill some gaps on the yet-to-buy/obtain-list. ;)

No worries. :)

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2010-11-03, 16:30:14
No worries. :)

Hm, I somehow know that phenomena  ;)

I think I'l apply to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to donate cd's to needy proggies  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

funkster

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2010-11-03, 12:15:08
All of'm, Funky, except the first (self-titled), initially, as the guys weren't fully revved up then; they still sounded very much like Sanctuary. But already the second studio album The Politics of Ecstasy is a progmetal classic  *horns*

But OK, my fave Nevermore album is This Godless Endeavor - whew ![/b]

Nevermore are one of my top fave bands, as you probably know. I'v written a lot about'm in the Room, which you can seek up, if you gain interest in Nevermore.

I shall nevermore write that much about'm in the Room  ;D

Nicky.

I have that somewhere from one of your previous recommendations so will have to dig it out tonight.

Thanks for everyone's great advice and comments  *horns*

funkster

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2010-11-03, 16:24:11
Until now I only have the Obsedian Conspiracy which I, have to be honest ;), really like.

Proggy, thrashy, metally, musically....
Listening to it now Mad and bloody hell - it rocks a big one  *horns*

maddox

Quote from: funkster on Thu, 2010-11-04, 06:49:11
Listening to it now Mad and bloody hell - it rocks a big one  *horns*

Listening to it now, at six a.m. in the morning?

LOL. :D.

If I didn't know better, than I'd say that you live alone. ;)

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2010-11-04, 07:17:02

;D

If you'r part of The Obsidian Conspiracy, then you find places where you'r undisturbed  ;)

Great that so many Roomies are getting into this fabulous group  *horns*

But please guys, be a bit more careful with your spelling, we don't exactly need to support people's prejudice that metalheads are illiterate  ;)

The correct spelling is: The Obsidian Conspiracy.

You can't become a full member before you can spell it ... then it will put a spell on you  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

T.H.E. O.B.S.I.D.I.A.N. C.O.N.S.P.I.R.A.C.Y.

I did it!!

Yay me.  ;D

funkster

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2010-11-04, 07:17:02
Listening to it now, at six a.m. in the morning?

LOL. :D.

:-[

I normally wake at about 4.30 to 5ish and i have a bit of me time to listen to music , have a cup of tea etc until 6.30 when i start waking the family up and start to get ready for the day ahead.

Sad i know  :)

Bloody good album though  *horns* 

Nicky007

Quote from: funkster on Thu, 2010-11-04, 16:44:59
Sad i know  :)

Funky, what's sad about waking, drinking tea, and listening to good music ?  That's about the best I can think of - ok there are two things that are even better  ;)

Be sad the day you don't wake up, or someone's put strychnine into your tea, or somebody's stolen your Obsidian cd and put a Lady Gaga cd there instead  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

funkster

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2010-11-05, 12:19:48
Funky, what's sad about waking, drinking tea, and listening to good music ?  That's about the best I can think of - ok there are two things that are even better  ;)

Be sad the day you don't wake up, or someone's put strychnine into your tea, or somebody's stolen your Obsidian cd and put a Lady Gaga cd there instead  ;D

Nicky.

AAAHHHHH

Or the killers eh Nicky  ;)

Nicky007

Quote from: funkster on Fri, 2010-11-05, 16:03:15
Or the killers eh Nicky  ;)

Yeah  ;)

I like to know what's goin on in mainstream, and listen in a bit now and then ... but I then I cut straight thru all the mediocre and go ruthlessly for the supreme: all my pantheon stuff + some more  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

The Butterfly Man

What's wrong with The Killers? It's actually quite nice to listen to stuff that isn't full of endless solo-sections and lyrics about dragons from time to time. ::)

It will be interesting to see where this thread is going. Will it get back on track and just focus on Nevermore, or will the bashing of mainstream music continue? Let's find out after the break.... ;D

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

funkster

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Sat, 2010-11-06, 18:49:45
What's wrong with The Killers? It's actually quite nice to listen to stuff that isn't full of endless solo-sections and lyrics about dragons from time to time. ::)

It will be interesting to see where this thread is going. Will it get back on track and just focus on Nevermore, or will the bashing of mainstream music continue? Let's find out after the break.... ;D

Tom

Sorry dad  ;)

I am really enjoying The Obsidian conspiracy (hope that is splet OK Nickki  ;D) and This Godless endeavour ain't half bad either  *horns*

Nicky007

Quote from: funkster on Sun, 2010-11-07, 08:17:09
hope that is splet OK Nickki  ;D

Yup Fukster  *horns*

:P

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Quote from: funkster on Wed, 2010-11-10, 17:57:03
On tour with Symphony X next year

Mmm, two dream groups  *horns*

I'l have to get a job before that .....  ;)

Btw Funky, how are you with SyX. Just heard Paradise Lost again the other day. Not as catchy as V, but it's rich with hidden treasures that are waitin to be worked out by the listener  *horns*

But OK, I'm diverging again  ::)

Well, I don't have any problems talkin bout Nevermore and Loomis  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

funkster

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2010-11-11, 13:03:56
Mmm, two dream groups  *horns*

I'l have to get a job before that .....  ;)

Btw Funky, how are you with SyX. Just heard Paradise Lost again the other day. Not as catchy as V, but it's rich with hidden treasures that are waitin to be worked out by the listener  *horns*

But OK, I'm diverging again  ::)

Well, I don't have any problems talkin bout Nevermore and Loomis  ;)

Nicky.
]]

Liking the x mate , especially V

Just so much to listen to at the moment - Kamelot , Nevermore , Symphony X , Shadow Gallery , Dead can dance etc etc and not enough time  :(

Nicky007

Quote from: funkster on Thu, 2010-11-11, 16:46:50
Dead can dance

Interesting, Funky, I have Lisa Gerrard and Pieter Bourke's Duality, which I like very much. Fantastic unusual soundscapes  *horns*

What are Dead Can Dance like ?  Guess you should post the answer in the NP thread, to save Tom from getting a heart attack  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Iggy

Nevermore are co headling with Symphony X next year.