News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

It Bites

Started by johninblack, Thu, 2006-07-13, 13:11:07

Previous topic - Next topic

johninblack

From the It Bites website

IT BITES are reuniting to record a new album and go on tour. The original line-up of John Beck on keyboards, drummer Bob Dalton, and bass player Dick Nolan, is to be completed by the addition of John Mitchell (Arena, Kino).

Original singer and guitarist Francis Dunnery is unfortunately unable to commit to the reunion.
With his personal life and career now largely based in the USA, recording and writing schedules were impossible to co-ordinate. Thus the remaining band members turned to John Mitchell, who John Beck and Bob have been working together with over the past few years in the band Kino.

John Mitchell has a solid and impressive musical CV, having been lead guitarist in rock outfit Arena for 10 years, as well as playing and recording with John Wetton. At a number of Kino gigs, the band have played the It Bites classics 'Plastic Dreamer' and 'Kiss Like Judas' to a rapturous audience reception, so it seemed a perfect fit to propose Mitchell as successor.

The band members have already started writing and will start recording later this year.
There will be some live shows prior to the release of the album, and a full tour to accompany its 2007 release.

A new website will be designed shortly.

Is John getting busy or what!

PH

Well, this can mean that Kino won't go on, but instead we will get the new It Bites...

Kino
John M, John B, Bob D, Pete T

It Bites (the new one)
John M, John B, Bob D, Dick N

I don't see the point why they should continue with Kino, seeing as this It Bites line-up has most of the Kino members in it.

Good news? Bad news?

johninblack

Could have all kinds of outcomes probably mostly dependant on the level of success achieved, lets fact it, the more successfull the It Bites 'reunion' the less time for other projects.
Whatever happens I wish John and the rest of It Bites the very best for the future.

JJ II

I fear this may be the end for Kino. Too bad. I thought they were a new fresh outfit in the prog-scene.
Since I have no 'emotional connection' to the 80's band, I think I prefer new Kino meterial to a revival of the poppy-progs of It Bites.

But I could be VERY wrong of course... I hope they'll surprise me.

HelenDo

If you check out the Kino forum, there's a statement from John Mitchell saying that it won't be the end of Kino. He says he's very proud of "Picture" and there will be a second album at some point in the future.

Have to say more my concern is how much time and commitment he will be able to devote to his other bands in terms of both recording and touring, especially Arena  ???

Helenxxx

JJ II

Yeah, I saw that. Great news about Kino.

I think there will always be time for Arena, but maybe a bit less. It's a matter of planning I'd say. Clive was able to do a lot of projects besides Arena as well....

The Queen Mother

How utterly bizarre, John M in It Bites. I mean, there's nothing strange seeing as he's played with some of the members, it's just odd to even consider It Bites without Francis Dunnery. That would be like the Urbane without John ;)

bellanova

Have to admit though, John did make a good job of Plastic Dreamer and Kiss Like Judas when he sang them with Kino. I think he is a worthy replacement. Just hope he still has enough time for Arena, but i dont see why not. :)

PH

Yeah... Let's sum it all up:

Arena
Kino
The Urbane
Frost
It Bites
John Wetton

And of course all of his collaborations with other bands/artists and producing their stuff and so forth.

Busy guy...

maddox

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2006-08-02, 17:24:55
Yeah... Let's sum it all up:

Arena
Kino
The Urbane
Frost
It Bites
John Wetton

And of course all of his collaborations with other bands/artists and producing their stuff and so forth.

Busy guy...

Hmm, the six degrees of John Mitchell.  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2006-08-02, 17:28:31

Hmm, the six degrees of John Mitchell.  ;D

You're in Dream Theater-mode I guess. ;D

But seriously, how can he keep it up? I mean, he's got so much on his hands he MUST let it all go sometimes...

funkster

Some new re another gig

The Kino gig advertised for Saturday 2nd December 2006 at the Oakwood Centre, Rotherham has now been cancelled.
In it's place will be the second UK gig by the returning It Bites. Prices and venue remain the same. Support band will still be Touchstone.
It Bites have been off the scene for many years and a return has been on the cards for some time so the CRS is proud to be able to present the band on its return. The line-up will be Bob Dalton on drums, John Beck on keyboards, Dick Nolan on bass and the newcomer, the current CRS Guitarist of the Year, John Mitchell on guitar and vocals.
Once word gets around the CRS expects a rush on tickets so get yours now.
Those that have Kino tickets have the choice of holding on to them and using them on the night for the It Bites gig or they can obtain a refund - 01709 702575!

PH

:o Ouch, that hurts... That doesn't look right to me somehow... But still, if I had a ticket I would hold it and go to the It Bites gig. But I don't have a ticket...

bellanova

Well I saw It bites last night at the Scala along with Frost*. As always it was a polished and extremely enjoyable performance. The oldest song they id as far as I remeber was Yellow Christian and Kiss Like Judas of course. And Plastic Dreamer! The rest of the setlist was comprised of stuff from The Tall Ships album and the superb follow up, Map of the Past. (I recommend this album totally). They played all my favourite songs from this album and everyone was singing along. It was awesome. It was also good to hear that Dermot 0' Leary has played Cartoon Graveyard on the radio. Apparently we should all download it if only for the track Lighthouse ,John said. (I think it was Lighthouse.) Was anyone else there? I cannot recommend this band highly enough 8)

bellanova

OOps I forgot they did Once Around the World too. I much prefer Johns Version of this to Dunnery's.

Teunis

Just read on the It Bites Facebook page (copied/pasted):
Exciting news! We can confirm that John Mitchell and John Beck are currently working on the next It Bites album :).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Mon, 2014-01-20, 19:27:00
Just read on the It Bites Facebook page (copied/pasted):
Exciting news! We can confirm that John Mitchell and John Beck are currently working on the next It Bites album :).

Nice! This will be Kino's fourth studio album already! ;)

keyboardistmatt

I recently found a vinyl copy of their album 'The Big Lad In The Windmill'.
I gotta say I like it! I hadn't heard it before - just the odd song here and there.
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt