News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

John Mitchell on ARfm Soundscapes Sunday 02 April 06

Started by Prog Paul, Sat, 2006-04-01, 13:50:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Prog Paul

Hi All,

NO THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOL THING!

I'll be chatting to John Mitchell tomorrow, (Sunday 02 April 06) on ARfm Soundscapes between 3-6pm at www.arfm.co.uk

As well as chatting to John there will be music from Arena, Kino, The Urbane & John Wetton....

Hope you can join John & I.

Cheers

Prog Paul  8)

johninblack

Sounds like a good afternoons entertainment, I'll try to make it.

PH

I'm listening to it now! :D

EDIT: This is what they played so far (John Mitchell related):
The Urbane - Cut The Wire (There was even one more Urbane-track before this one, but I didn't recognised it)
Arena - Serenity
Arena - Skingame
The Urbane - Grace (from the upcoming Straylight album!!) (great track by the way)

For the curious people, I'll update this list of played songs and interesting info/facts as good as it gets.
(Maybe Prog Paul can help me a bit here later on ;))

johninblack

Really good interview with JM and The Shattered Room got loads of mentions and some really favourable comments from Paul! And....JM reckons he is going to look in on us sometime *horns*

Appelmoes??

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

Hmm, I was away all day, so I missed it... too bad, would have liked to attend it. Did anyone happen to capture the stream, maybe... ? Or Paul, would it be possible to have a copy of the programme, please?
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

HelenDo

Fantastic interview & naturally lots of great music - thanks Paul. Great to hear 2 new Urbane tracks. It would be cool if John did decide to drop into the Shattered Room.

I haven't ever checked out any Wetton Downes stuff - but I think I'm going to have to now. Any suggestions where to start?

Helenxxx

Saryna

Sorry I missed this today. Thanks for the heads up anyway.  Totally forgot because the weather was so nice and the time change....  Glad it happened and it went well.  Kino will be at Calprog in US soon if anyone gets over here this month. Turns out Travewas will be there after all.

As far as Wetton goes, you pretty much can't go wrong but my particular favorite is his voice on Martin Orford's (IQ,Jadis) solo effort "Classical Music & Popular Songs".  Great songs with Wetton's great voice.  Had the pleasure of seeing the Wetton's Icon show in London last month with Mitchell playing.  Very good show!  Downes did his "Buggles" viniette.;)

sammi

I heard them say something about a repete of the show on thursday i think. and it really was a cool show.

Prog Paul

Hi All,

Thanks for all of your emails and messages during yesterday's show... Think John was quite surprised when they started coming in from Finland and the USA!!  ;D

The show is repeated twice on Thursday.  It goes out at 9am, then again at 6pm (both GMT), at www.arfm.co.uk

The first Urbane track was 'Wide Awake'.

The two new Urbane tracks are now safely locked away in my 'DJ Box'... but will be coming out in the next few shows..... ;D

Again, huge thanks for your messages and for letting me shamelessly plug the show on 'The Shattered Room'...

Hope you all enjoyed the track!!  ;D

Hope to meet some of you up at the Kino Gig in Rotherham.

All the best

Paul
ARfm Soundscapes

PH

Ahh cool! I didn't get to listen the whole show, 'cause I had to have dinner...
But this time I'm prepared and I will record the show!!! 8) IF it is allowed though.
(If not, I'll do it anyway :o yeah, I just HAVE to know wether or not John answered my question).

Hey Paul, maybe you can help me out, how many emails did you and John answer in the show?

johninblack

Excellent show Paul, really enjoyed it, I was expecting a 5 - 10 minute probly pre recorded interview and what did we get? Only 2 bloody hours of chat and songs. Bloody brilliant mate.....when are you having Clive on?

johninblack

Oh yes.....and thanks for the several mentions of this place and the song!

johninblack

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2006-04-03, 15:46:08
I just HAVE to know wether or not John answered my question).

Was it you asked about Ray Wilson? if so then yes he did

PH

Quote from: johninblack on Mon, 2006-04-03, 18:34:06

Was it you asked about Ray Wilson? if so then yes he did

Indeed! Ahh cool! ;D ;D

I just HAVE to listen to this show... too bad I can't record it myself because I'm at school and at work...
Can someone please send an mp3 of this show over to me?
ProgPaul? Pleeeeaaaase????::)

BTW: How did you know it was me? :D
And what was the answer about Ray?

HelenDo

Quote from: johninblack on Mon, 2006-04-03, 15:52:37
Excellent show Paul, really enjoyed it, I was expecting a 5 - 10 minute probly pre recorded interview and what did we get? Only 2 bloody hours of chat and songs. Bloody brilliant mate.....when are you having Clive on?

Agreed it was great that he stayed and chatted for so long. Another vote for Clive as a future guest.

Helenxxx

bellanova

Hey Helen
If you wanna hear some good John Wetton stuff, try his Battlelines album or Archangel. His most recent album is Icon written with Geoff Downes. If this isnt to your taste he sings and plays bass on the first 3 Asia albums, Asia, Alpha and Astra but you probably know that. I think its all available on Amazon. Hope this helps.
Bellanova x

Prog Paul

Hi Ladies & Gents,

Right I'll try and answer the questions...

Yes you can record the show, if you use Winamp and download the custom 'stream ripper', it is a doddle.  I will ask HQ in London for a copy of the show, as I don't have a copy as I normally work from our West Midlands Studio.

Yes the question about Ray Wilson was asked and answered very honestly.

I'd love to have Clive on as a guest, gives me an excuse to dig out my Strangers on a Train albums... as well as more Arena, Pendragon and others, (Hound of the Baskavilles etc)!!  ;D

As for John Wetton, 'Sinister' (GEP GEPCD 1029) & 'Rock of Faith' (GEP, GEPCD 1033), feature John Mitchell, 'Rock of Faith is co-produced by Clive Nolan.  Battlelines is a great album as is Arkangel, (featuring John Young, JYB, Scorpions, Greenslade etc!).

As for the length of the 'feature', well the way I see it is, if John was willing to travel all the way to our Southern Studio, he deserved more than a 10 minute chat!  With a huge range of music to go through, loads to talk about, it just had to be a 'long feature'... To be honest I like to do that with all of my guests, (if they have the time to spare), they work hard to bring us great music, that is by and large ignored by the 'big boys', (sorry soapbox moment).... ::)

Huge thanks for listening and all of your questions, I'm hoping to get John to return on the launch of the new The Urbane album and I'd love to chat to the rest of Arena and Kino.... sometime in the not too distant future.

All the best, Keep rockin'

Prog Paul  8)

Peter

Everybody who missed the show and would like to listen to it, please drop me a line.

(powered by http://arfm.co.uk, thanks Paul!)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Appelmoes??

*drops line@peter and JiB*

I missed it, cause my mate showed up at my place.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace