News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2011-02-06, 11:33:11
Not only that, but Peter is singular (in both senses), so it should've been "hasn't"  :)

Nicky.

Oh, I regard "Peter haven't" as pluralis majestatis, so its OK :P
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Teunis

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2011-02-08, 22:42:35
I suggest you drink a glass ot two of Gazpacho and go to bed  ;D
Thanks for the tip. Isn't Gazpacho soup? Nah, I prefer playing it in my stereo  ;D.
Feeling better after jogging half an hour, keeps me fit.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Bupie

Yes, it's a tomato based cold soup. Not really the best season for it  :)

The Butterfly Man

I feel lonely!!! :(

Guys, where are you? ;D

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

bellanova

AWWW Tom! A virtual hug from another lonely person lol :)

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2011-02-16, 12:55:29
I feel lonely!!! :(

Guys, where are you? ;D

Tom

On the time you were posting this:

I was asleep. ;)

But now you're gone!  :o ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Peter

watching me
watching you
watching the trains go by...  8)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: bellanova on Wed, 2011-02-16, 15:15:54
AWWW Tom! A virtual hug from another lonely person lol :)

How nice, thanks! You should (try to) visit the Room more often so that we're both a little less lonely. ;)

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2011-02-16, 16:55:09
I was asleep. ;)

But now you're gone!  :o ;D

Yeah but now you're abandoning me in a way by not listening to DT anymore so I think we're done.  ;D

Tom

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Thu, 2011-02-17, 13:35:09

Yeah but now you're abandoning me in a way by not listening to DT anymore so I think we're done.  ;D

Tom

;D

Ah, Tom...could we please get together again?  :'( :-[ :P
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2011-02-17, 18:30:14
;D

Ah, Tom...could we please get together again?  :'( :-[ :P

Hmm, I'm  a nice guy so I'll think about it... :P

Tom

Bupie

Surprised.

While scrolling through metalmusicarchives.com's last reviews , I found a countless number of reviews of a Russian band called Senmuth. In fact, it's a one man's project and the guy has released no less than 20 full-length albums in 2010 : http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=90703

The most surprising thing about it is that somebody took/found the time to listen to all of those albums (and the dozens released the previous years  :P) and write a rather long review of each. And I guess it's not Senmuth himself since the ratings are pretty low  :)

funkster

Yesterday was tired after a work do which as great fun and then took james to his first match - Everton 2 v Sunderland 0 which he loved.

Proud as his team today drew 1-1 with probably the best team in the league and he was man of the match for the second week running   :)

Ashamed as i have been a right nark with the boys today  :-[ just not feeling great but no excuses   

Bupie

Quote from: funkster on Sun, 2011-02-27, 20:34:26
Yesterday was tired after a work do which as great fun and then took james to his first match - Everton 2 v Sunderland 0 which he loved.
:o
Until this anecdote on the Everton game, I thought you were ... Dutch  :-[

When I was a kid, I loved to go to matchs with my father ... which didn't happen so many times  :-\ But I remember when he took me to Paris for the Champions League Finals Bayern Munich vs Leeds. hard not to remember unfortunately since Leeds hooligans litterally set the Parc des Princes on fire ..

funkster

Nope Bups , born and bred in Liverpool and now exiled to Wirral.

Feeling yucky today as i have picked up a stomach bug.

bellanova

I cant believe Arsenal lost to Birmingham in the League Cup Final. Im gutted!!

Bupie

I read that it's because of a French player's mistake. Sorry Bella ...

So we have a Toffee (Funkster) and a Red (Iggy) on the same forum ? Interesting  :) Have you already met, guys ?

funkster

Quote from: Bupie on Mon, 2011-02-28, 16:34:07
I read that it's because of a French player's mistake. Sorry Bella ...

So we have a Toffee (Funkster) and a Red (Iggy) on the same forum ? Interesting  :) Have you already met, guys ?

In fact i am a red but can get cheap tickets through work for Everton hence James' first match was the toffees.

I was actually born on a derby day when liverpool won 3-1. My fate was sealed there and then  ;)

funkster

Hugely proud

The following is a match report written by the opposition manager about the 1-1 draw with our lads team on sunday. The keeper they refer to is my son James  ;D And they are the best team in our league

Away to Heswall on a muddy pitch. The boys started quarter 1 kicking up hill into a slight breeze, slow to get going allowed Heswall to take an early advantage of possession & the first couple of chances of the game. Harry in goal making 2 good saves. In these exchanges we were 2nd to the ball & looked tentative. Heswall took the lead through some sloppy marking & this being the kick start the Blacks needed to realise they were in a match. We tried to play on the ground, not easy as parts of the pitch the ball held up in the mud. We tested the Heswall keeper a couple of times towards the end of the quarter, he made 2 fantastic saves to stop us drawing level. Quarter 2 we started more positively and created several good chances but again their keeper was on top form making saves from Josh, Sam, Ewan, Tom L & Tom A. We were camped out in the Heswall half for long periods, winning several corners before finally beating the Keeper. Interception by Josh who brought the ball forward 15 yards to find a pass to Tom A, Tom turned his marker beat 1 more to fire a well placed shot into the net from edge of the box. Quarter 3 & we were kicking up hill again at the back Josh & Thomas W had things under control making many tackles, interceptions & clearances to midfield where Sam & Tom L today played with determination & desire to win the ball, making a number of fine passe's for Ewan & Tom A but neither could beat the Heswall keeper who made save after save. Brought back memories of England v Poland 1973. He played out of his skin. Harry had little to do but had to make a good save towards the end of the quarter as Heswall broke away from a Panthers attack. Quarter 4 was one way traffic we created chance after chance. From the kick off great pass from Ewan to find Sam excellent shot but another top save. Josh tested the keeper from long range on 3 occasions Tom L had a great chance & the move of the match from Ewan & Tom A with an interchange of one two's worthy of Barcelona ended with Ewan bringing out another top save. In the last minute Heswall broke 3 on 2 with Josh & Thomas W this would have broke the boys hearts if Heswall had scored but good work by our 2 at the back. We ended the game on the attack & if we were still playing now i don't think we would beat the Heswall keeper, who was magnificent. We had over 20 attempts at scoring, 15 on target but you get those days when the ball won't go in. Good game, full of entertainment, played in great spirit. M.O.M today went to Sam for his hard work all over the pitch & never say die attitude. Sam created several good scoring opportunities & could have had a brace for himself. All the boys played with composure and never stopped trying to play good football.

Bupie

Looks like your son could receive a proposal to play for Heswall next season  ;D

And since the goalkeeper position is not the best crowded with outstanding players in England, why not hope for more ?  ;)

Congrats to your son, anyway  :)

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Bupie on Wed, 2011-03-02, 10:27:36

Indeed, congrats! I don't know the feeling because I've got no kids (yet :P) but you must be so proud! :)

Tom

funkster

Quote from: Bupie on Wed, 2011-03-02, 10:27:36
Looks like your son could receive a proposal to play for Heswall next season  ;D

And since the goalkeeper position is not the best crowded with outstanding players in England, why not hope for more ?  ;)

Sorry Bups , my mistake , James is the Heswall keeper. Well until Liverpool come calling anyway !!

I am watching him play in a 5 a side competition for the school tonight so fingers crossed.

Bupie

No, it's my mistake. Anyway, you understood what I meant. So it's Heskall that will have to be convincing enough for him to stay  :)

funkster

Quote from: Bupie on Wed, 2011-03-02, 12:21:53
No, it's my mistake. Anyway, you understood what I meant. So it's Heskall that will have to be convincing enough for him to stay  :)

The team is 5 lads in his year at school and 5 older - they are all great mates now and train on a tuesday night and attend a soccer school on a saturday.

I doubt that they will leave to play for another team as they enjoy the fun of playing footy with their mates too much at the moment.

Then again , if i get a bung he may move  ;)   

Bupie

Quote from: funkster on Wed, 2011-03-02, 13:05:14
I doubt that they will leave to play for another team as they enjoy the fun of playing footy with their mates too much at the moment.
That's indeed and by far the most important thing  *horns*

aswas

I feel good to be back in the fold. Not much going on? I have alot of reading to catch up on. Finally I feel like I am getting better after a long journey. Been thinking about u guys all the time. Just haven't been able to be on the computer. But that is about over
don't fly... too close to the sun