News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Iggy

Shattered. We seem to have had an unending stream of visitors this summer. After tomorrow no more for quite a while which is a relief. I can then get back to surfing  :)

maddox

Who are you?  ???

;D

Quote from: Iggy on Mon, 2010-09-06, 14:01:34
Shattered.

Well, than you've come to the right place.  :o ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Iggy

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2010-09-06, 23:02:12
Who are you?  ???

;D

Well, than you've come to the right place.  :o ;D

:P

Uh oh has it been that long.

funkster

Just seen my eldest's football team play their first ever match and then won 5-3 !! He is the keeper and he did pretty well.

So , i am amazingly proud at the moment  ;D And he was 7 on thursday so i feel a bit old as well  ;)

Iggy

Quote from: funkster on Sun, 2010-09-12, 12:51:15
Just seen my eldest's football team play their first ever match and then won 5-3 !! He is the keeper and he did pretty well.

So , i am amazingly proud at the moment  ;D And he was 7 on thursday so i feel a bit old as well  ;)

Excellent. It must have been a great moment.  *horns*

The Butterfly Man

I'm a bit stressed. I will leave for a great two-week adventure through Egypt this saturday, and there are so many things I still have to do before then! :o

Have any of my Room-mates (hehe) been to Egypt? If so, do you have any tips or other things you like to share? :)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Nicky007

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Thu, 2010-09-16, 12:29:34
Have any of my Room-mates (hehe) been to Egypt? If so, do you have any tips or other things you like to share? :)

Yup, mate:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW0bXQdv8WM

Unfortunately poor sound quality, but these guys sure are great live  *horns*

Hey Tom, have a great trip. Don't let yerself get seduced by them snaky temple dancers - not without me  ;D

What's on the program ?

What music are you takin along ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2010-09-16, 15:31:07
Hey Tom, have a great trip. Don't let yerself get seduced by them snaky temple dancers - not without me  ;D

What's on the program ?

What music are you takin along ?

Nicky, sorry I haven't replied, these last few days were just too hectic! :o Now my bags are finally packed and I'm about to go to the airport. So I still haven't time to tell you what's on the program and what music I'm taking along, but I will get back to you on that in 16 days time if you don't mind!

Alright guys, take care! *horns*

Tom

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Sat, 2010-09-18, 16:27:13
Nicky, sorry I haven't replied, these last few days were just too hectic! :o Now my bags are finally packed and I'm about to go to the airport. So I still haven't time to tell you what's on the program and what music I'm taking along, but I will get back to you on that in 16 days time if you don't mind!

Alright guys, take care! *horns*

Tom

Have a good.....

Oh, darn.

He's already gone.

Nicky007

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Sat, 2010-09-18, 16:27:13
but I will get back to you on that in 16 days time if you don't mind!

Don't they have internet in Egypt  ::)

;)

Have a great trip, Tom  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

funkster

Quote from: Iggy on Mon, 2010-09-13, 21:54:38
Excellent. It must have been a great moment.  *horns*

It was Iggy , but bettered by them winning 4-3 at the weekend and he was man of the match  *horns* ;D

The Butterfly Man

Quote lifted from the NP-thread:

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2010-10-05, 16:29:52
Btw guys, don't tell Tom that I said it, but he's back from Egypt, he's just hiding - Peeping Tom  ;D

Okay, I'm done hiding for now.

Indeed, I'm back from Egypt. It was super.

Some highlights:

- The Great Pyramid of Giza and the Giza Necropolis as a whole. Man, these pyramids are huge. How did they build 'em? Fascinating stuff.
- Abu Simbel-temples. Unesco moved these temples somewhere in the sixties to prevent them from being flooded after the building of a dam.
- Sleeping in the desert under the stars.
- Watching the sun rise over Luxor from a balloon.
- Camel riding.
- The Valley of the Kings. There are tombs everywhere and there's still a lot of digging going on. I wonder what's still lying there unrevealed.
- Snorkling in the Red Sea.
- Also, Egyptians asking me how many camels I'd like to trade my girlfriend for. ;D

That's it for now. ;)

Tom

Peter

History repeats.
Scroll back 4 years and some, you'll find me, put aside by a manager who didn't even take the time to go into my team and what we were doing. Now the same thing happens again, a decision has been made, communicated in a meeting, with obviously no means of bringing arguments why it might be a bad idea. Instead my future will be a result of how well I play along the decision, which includes swapping all my team members to another team, documenting all the systems we account for, leaving myself in the nothing. I usually put heart and effort into the tasks I'm assigned. Seems like I'd better learn to leave the heart out, which is a total contradiction to my understanding of work.
Dumbstruck, disappointed, disillusioned.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Nicky007

I understand you well, Cap  :)

Mankind is in many ways degenerating. Just look at mainstream culture  :'(

I grew up in a scientific environment, studied, worked, lived it for some 45 years ... real long time ... until I gave it up. Well, actually I was ousted, but just as well  :-\

It's now real hard to get back into mainstream society, but fortunately I do have some chances, which I'm trying out .....

The question of whether one should struggle further in a lousy job or drop out is moot  ???

Hope things get better for ya, Cap ... or else we just have to get together and start an Arena tribute band. I'l take the spade, and I'm sure you can do some growling after what you've been thru, so we'll make it an Arena death metal tribute band. I'l let you sing "Kill 'boss name', 'firm name', 'x-lover's name', ' the guy who didn't give a beer's name', etc"  ;D

Seriously, good luck, Cap  :)

In any case, you'r highly valued in the Room, aint that right, guys ?  A Cheers to our Cap  *horns*

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2010-10-06, 09:36:10
Indeed, I'm back from Egypt. It was super.

Great, Tom  *horns*

You should spin some Myrath now  8)

Also, Egyptians asking me how many camels I'd like to trade my girlfriend for.

Well, one, depending ...  :-[

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Iggy

Quote from: Peter on Wed, 2010-10-06, 11:29:28
History repeats.
Scroll back 4 years and some, you'll find me, put aside by a manager who didn't even take the time to go into my team and what we were doing. Now the same thing happens again, a decision has been made, communicated in a meeting, with obviously no means of bringing arguments why it might be a bad idea. Instead my future will be a result of how well I play along the decision, which includes swapping all my team members to another team, documenting all the systems we account for, leaving myself in the nothing. I usually put heart and effort into the tasks I'm assigned. Seems like I'd better learn to leave the heart out, which is a total contradiction to my understanding of work.
Dumbstruck, disappointed, disillusioned.

Really bad news. I too know what you are going through though fortunately for me it was a long time ago and in the end after much stress and struggling it worked out for the best. So I hope everything goes well for you as well.

Bupie

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2010-10-06, 09:36:10
-- The Valley of the Kings.
Hum, reminds me of a rather old song by an English band ...  :)

To Peter :

Hold on !  ;)

funkster

My thoughts are with you Peter - keep positive mate and i am sure it will work out for the best.

funkster

I am feeling better than i did on monday when my eldest , James , feel in the playground at school and got concussion ! He no has a nice cut to his head and some grazing to show for it.

Kids eh  ;) 

funkster

My youngest has been diagnosed with asthma so i am feeling a bit sorry for the poor little fella  :'(

Iggy

Smug. I have just finished 2 years worth of filing (bills etc.) and devised a new method which means I won't get into that mess again.

maddox

Sad.  :(

I should be at the Shadow Gallery concert in Vosselaar, Belgium right now but off all days today my car had to have gear-problems.
I already had gear problems two weeks ago but thought they had fixed that.

Not is the right answer.

Which, like I already said makes me quite sad.  :(

For twenty years they have never played a concert and when I finally get the chance, ....  :(

Iggy

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2010-10-17, 22:36:21
Sad.  :(

I should be at the Shadow Gallery concert in Vosselaar, Belgium right now but off all days today my car had to have gear-problems.
I already had gear problems two weeks ago but thought they had fixed that.

Not is the right answer.

Which, like I already said makes me quite sad.  :(

For twenty years they have never played a concert and when I finally get the chance, ....  :(

That is absolutely gutting.

They did say that they would continue touring so hopefully ou will get to see them next time.

Bupie

I feel still overwhelmed back from four days of vacation in Barcelona.

What an incredible city ! Special mention to the MNAC which is really something out of this world (I'll let you find out what hides behind the sigle) : the Oval Hall is probably the most incredible room I have been in  8)

And, yes, Nicky, before you ask, girls are incredible too (although I presume that there is a fair share of tourists/students in the mix).

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Mon, 2010-10-18, 18:38:56
I feel still overwhelmed back from four days of vacation in Barcelona.

8)  Bups

MNAC

A quick google reveals:  Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya

So what impressed you most about the MNAC ?

And, yes, Nicky, before you ask, girls are incredible too

Girls are lovely all over Europe, Bups  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bellanova

Im stressed! The people next door are playing music at me too loud. Even worse its drum and bass or r n' b! Its been bad like this for about two months now. Its so loud i cant hear my tv and my room positively shakes. Ive trie banging on the wall and shouting for them to turn it down but they wont. Ive tried covering up the sound with Dream Theater but i can still hear the incessant beat. Its getting unbearable. Ive lived here for 22 years and never had a problem with neighbours!.