News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Fri, 2009-09-25, 21:04:38
Really very tired:

I was finally getting some decent sleep, and my mum called and woke me up.   :'(   

I've trained my mother to use MS Messenger *horns*
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Manatee

Quote from: Steve Jones on Fri, 2009-09-25, 22:02:36
I've trained my mother to use MS Messenger *horns*

I've tried something similar, but she doesn't understand -- she treats it like email: she'll type in a really long instant message and then leave.    ;D
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Fri, 2009-09-25, 22:48:18
I've tried something similar, but she doesn't understand -- she treats it like email: she'll type in a really long instant message and then leave.    ;D

;D ;D

But at least you're still asleep ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sat, 2009-09-26, 08:20:22
;D ;D

But at least you're still asleep ;)

Sounds like that would be the case, but due to the misunderstanding of the medium, she doesn't consider it a fit substitute for an early morning phone call.   ;)

maddox

I feel like i usually do on a Saturdaymorning. Awake.

Since seven o'clock.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Steve Jones

Hungry

Just had a blood test, so I couldn't have anything to eat/drink until I got home :o
Regards, Steve Jones

Nicky007

So the blood tasted all the better then, huh Jonesy ?  ;D

"Young Men Gone West". Yup that's me !  Visiting a good friend in Ballerup, west of Cop. He's promised us coffee and cakes - and if there's anythin that can compete with prog (at my age) .....  :D

Btw, any'o ya oldies remember City Boy ?  Great band I listened to a lot some thirty years ago. On top'o it, they'r from B'ham  ;)

Got their greatest hits. I'm so enthralled by this wonderful music that I put City Boy on my Past Masters list  *horns*

Gotta track down all their official albums now - aint easy  :-\

Jonesy and Iggy, you guys must have experienced'm at the time, how are you with'm ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Steve Jones

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2009-09-28, 13:52:08
Jonesy and Iggy, you guys must have experienced'm at the time, how are you with'm ?

At the time they didn't really fire my interest, although what I'd think of them these days is anyone's guess.
Regards, Steve Jones

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Mon, 2009-09-28, 16:43:40
At the time they didn't really fire my interest, although what I'd think of them these days is anyone's guess.

I don't recall them at all but I guess if i heard them I might remember.

Iggy

Quote from: Iggy on Tue, 2009-09-22, 23:32:31
It didn't. They are a bunch of b*stards. I haven't punched anyone for 40 odd years but i may be persuaded to change my mind. She was there for 12 hours today and 10 hours yesterday.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

And a couple of teary evenings as well.

Even madderthan when I wrote this.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

See 5 angry images.

Manatee

Disillusioned!

I dropped by a liquor store today to pick up some German beer for my friend's annual Oktoberfest party tomorrow, and I chanced to read some descriptions of beers including one about Guinness.  Apparently the
"regular" Guinness we have here is actually a mixture of something Arthur intended and LaBatt's, and it's actually finished off in Canada.  This certainly further explains why I prefer the Pub Draught types.  Not only does it taste more like it's from the tap, but it's also purer Guinness.  Now LaBatt's is a perfectly ok cheap Canadian beer (I drank more than my share in graduate school), but it has NO business being in a Guinness bottle!

aswas

Out of whack. Hey, I'm back.....again....for good this time. Couldn't get around surgery, so I am on the mend. As you guys know I have been pretty sick for a couple of months. Pretty weak, but healing, slowly but surely. Being so OLD, recovery is slower. But hell, I missed the music the most out of everything. So what have I missed ?
don't fly... too close to the sun

Manatee

Quote from: aswas on Sun, 2009-10-04, 03:51:58
Out of whack. Hey, I'm back.....again....for good this time. Couldn't get around surgery, so I am on the mend. As you guys know I have been pretty sick for a couple of months. Pretty weak, but healing, slowly but surely. Being so OLD, recovery is slower. But hell, I missed the music the most out of everything. So what have I missed ?

Hey aswas,

Good to have you back.   *horns*   I spent awhile in the hospital 5 years or so ago, and although I didn't notice the nurses being obnoxious, it was a pretty miserable experience, so I can certainly relate to you being glad to be out.

Let's see, what's new?  Very recently, a new Porcupine Tree album came out, and it's excellent IMO (and most of the Room seems to agree).   Not sure if you were around for the release of the new Dream Theater, but it's been received pretty well too -- even I bought it, and I'm not a particular fan of theirs.  Also not sure if you caught the new Devin Townsend -- quieter than his usual but still a winner.  Recent new release from Knight Area.  I'm a novice with them, so I'll have to leave the comments on that one to someone else.  The new Riverside album and bonus live DVD are both outstanding IMO.  Nothing much new on the Arena front.  As far as we know, some sort of writing is being done for 'The Tinder Box', but Clive and company haven't updated us on progress recently.  Some of the guys found some interesting bands on MySpace -- probably best to find those in Other Bands and Now Playing.

Welcome back again, hopefully for good this time.

Steve Jones

Good to have you back.  It's important to have someone older than me around, otherwise I get depressed ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

maddox

Good to have you back, Aswas.  ;)
Glad that things are improving again.

The Butterfly Man

I'm feeling rather sick. That's not good, especially because Dream Theater's and Opeth's gig in my town is only two days away... ::)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Iggy

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Mon, 2009-10-05, 11:14:20
I'm feeling rather sick. That's not good, especially because Dream Theater's and Opeth's gig in my town is only two days away... ::)

Tom

Best drink heavily then. It is well known that germs don't like alcohol. Failing that I'm sure they don't like loud music.

Hope you feel better soon.

Deenfan

Sound advice. Pardon the pun...

Nicky007

As you guys know I have been pretty sick for a couple of months. Pretty weak, but healing, slowly but surely.

Welcome back, Aswas. Hope you get entirely back in shape again  :)

Music is the best medicine  *horns*

So what have I missed ?

Well, Aswas, since you asked:  My current fave is Jeff Loomis' Zero Order Phase. Beats even Dream Theater's Black Clouds. Since I know you like DT and Petrucci, I'm sure you'l like ZOP.

I'v been tryin to get this across to the Roomies, but noone takes me seriously any longer  :'(

Guess they regard me as lost to black metal  :(

Bet else, supplemental to Greenie's recoms, which I can second (also Knight Area, even tho it's not black metal), Alice In Chains have just released a fabulous album, "Black Gives Way To Blue"  ;) ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2009-10-05, 17:09:01
Alice In Chains have just released a fabulous album, "Black Gives Way to Blue"  ;) ;D

Nicky.

And a fabulous album it is.  8)

On topic: I feel tired. Yet good. But tired.

Manatee

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2009-10-05, 19:59:30

If memory serves, there's a good price for that on Amazon lately.  Mayhap I'll further impoverish myself and order it.

I feel caffeinated again.   ;D

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2009-10-05, 19:59:30

And it aint "way too blue"  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Iggy on Mon, 2009-10-05, 15:37:25
Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks Iggy! :)

I'm feeling a little bit better today, but still far from 100%. But I'm going to see Dream Theater tonight, no matter what!

Tom

Iggy

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2009-10-07, 07:47:20
Thanks Iggy! :)

I'm feeling a little bit better today, but still far from 100%. But I'm going to see Dream Theater tonight, no matter what!

Tom

That is the spirit.

Iggy is feeling depressed this morning after some one crashed into the back of his car. Still on the upside apart from feeling shaken up the car and I seem to be ok.

I'm thinking of turning into a hermit, just staying in and playing music. Hope the roof is ok.  ::)

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Iggy on Wed, 2009-10-07, 08:04:48
Iggy is feeling depressed this morning after some one crashed into the back of his car. Still on the upside apart from feeling shaken up the car and I seem to be ok.

I'm thinking of turning into a hermit, just staying in and playing music. Hope the roof is ok.  ::)

Man, you have a lot of bad luck this year... :-\  Hope things will change for the better soon!

Tom