News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Jones

Pretty good

We've just returned from the vets after the oldest dog had her post-op check-up following surgery on Tuesday - she's doing fine.

She had an aural hematoma with her ear-flap swelling up like a balloon.  Now she's just got a scar and the two halves of her ear are held together with buttons while it heals!
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

PH

Quote from: Steve Jones on Fri, 2009-08-21, 12:00:31
Pretty good

We've just returned from the vets after the oldest dog had her post-op check-up following surgery on Tuesday - she's doing fine.

She had an aural hematoma with her ear-flap swelling up like a balloon.  Now she's just got a scar and the two halves of her ear are held together with buttons while it heals!

Good to hear that it is going well!

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Fri, 2009-08-21, 12:00:31
Pretty good

+1.

After having experienced the Vets and Private Hospitals this year. I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that going to the vets is more expensive than going to private hospital.

Hope the insurance for you eldest dog is still running Steve.

The Butterfly Man

I feel tired but satisfied. Last week I was busy working in my house - I officially bought it! There is a lot still to be done, but I think I'm already halfway there. :) This coming week I don't have much time to work in my house because I have to be at work the next 3 days, and then I'll go to the Belgian Grand Prix next weekend, but I hope to be moving to my new house in the first weekend of September!

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

PH

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Mon, 2009-08-24, 08:57:24
I feel tired but satisfied. Last week I was busy working in my house - I officially bought it! There is a lot still to be done, but I think I'm already halfway there. :) This coming week I don't have much time to work in my house because I have to be at work the next 3 days, and then I'll go to the Belgian Grand Prix next weekend, but I hope to be moving to my new house in the first weekend of September!

That's cool Tom!

I still live at my dad's house. :P

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2009-08-24, 10:36:34
That's cool Tom!

I still live at my dad's house. :P

At least it's cheap! ;)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

maddox

Good. Yesterday i found out that i have at least eight friends.  *horns* *horns* *horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

Since several Roomies have been so kind as to pm me and express their concern:

The operation three weeks ago on my Mom went well, but they couldnt remove all of the tumorous material, and this type of tumor (glioblastoma multiforme) usually grows fast  :(

We'r now preparing for radiation- and chemo-treatment next week, today and tomorrow getting her scanned and blood tested.

In the words of Mike Portnoy:

"But then came the call
Our lives changed forever more
'You can pray for a change
But prepare for the end.'"

- Dream Theater: The Best Of Times

:-\

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

maddox

:-\ :-\ :-\

Let's hope for the best, Nicky.

My thoughts are with you.  :(

PH

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2009-08-24, 17:33:23
:-\ :-\ :-\

Let's hope for the best, Nicky.

My thoughts are with you.  :(

+1

I understand that the following days and weeks will be full of tension... :(
It's very difficult knowing that you can do nothing but praying and hoping. :-\
Your mother will have to do the fighting...
But it's good to know that the doctors are doing all they can, and there is a lot that they can do, thank God.
But, if the 'praying for a change' makes place for 'preparing for the end' (God forbid) then after all, I hope that your mother can reside in all the promises that we, you and I know of and will be preparing for (not the end) but a brand new beginning!

Or in the words of John Petrucci:

"If I die tomorrow
I'd be alright
Because I believe
That after were gone
The spirit carries on!"

- Dream Theater: The Spirit Carries On

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Nicky!

Steve Jones

Thoughts and hope from over here, too.
Regards, Steve Jones

Iggy

Hang in there Nicky.

Best wishes to you and your family. I hope everything goes well.

Nicky007

Thanks, guys. It's really great to have you with me on this  :)

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2009-08-25, 00:22:03
But it's good to know that the doctors are doing all they can, and there is a lot that they can do, thank God.

Yeah, I'm really impressed by all the doctors, nurses, and technicians that we'v had and dealt with at all three hospitals. They'v been amazingly adept, helpful and friendly. My respect for the medical system has grown enormously during this process.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Manatee

Nicky,

Of course your mom has my continued best wishes as well.  Sorry I'm a bit tardy -- things have been crazy lately.
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Nicky007

OK, Greenie, I noticed that you were rather reticent  ???

So tell us - you'r usually not shy - what's goin on ?

Have you created a Simone clone, who turned out to be the return of Frankenstein's monster ?  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Mon, 2009-08-24, 08:57:24
... but I hope to be moving to my new house in the first weekend of September!

Great, Tom, congrats !  :)

So now all ya need is a woman, or do you still have her ?

Iac don't ask Greenie for help there  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Manatee

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2009-08-26, 16:05:01
OK, Greenie, I noticed that you were rather reticent  ???

So tell us - you'r usually not shy - what's goin on ?

I've just got multiple things going on (or not going on but need to be), and the combination has me feeling somewhat overwhelmed.  The car disaster didn't end up being too bad in the end, although it did strain finances a bit more (which is one of the concerns).  The dragon lady (ex-wife of my dad) is continuing to be absurd, and it looks like we're going to have to go to court again, but the estate is broke.  That's worrying, not to mention infuriating -- I'm going have to see if our lawyer will accept some sort of contingency basis.  I need to do something about a job, but I no longer have any idea what I want to do when I grow up, and the job market is currently awful.  I'm in one of those moods, where even small problems seem like big ones.  Basically, I need a vacation from being me.

Have you created a Simone clone, who turned out to be the return of Frankenstein's monster ?  ;D

They all end up that way, but if there was one available, I'd give her a chance.   :'(

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Wed, 2009-08-26, 16:46:55
They all end up that way

Perhaps it's the way you 'turn them on' ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

PH

maddox

PH

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2009-08-26, 20:34:00
Uh oh. Not good.

It never is. ;)

But I think I'll spare you the details, because confusion is contagious.

Manatee

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2009-08-26, 20:21:46
I feel very confused... :-\

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2009-08-26, 20:34:00
Uh oh. Not good.

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2009-08-26, 21:48:06
It never is. ;)

I beg to differ.  It can be much more pleasant to be confused than to know what's really happening, especially if a large government is involved.

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2009-08-26, 21:48:06
But I think I'll spare you the details, because confusion is contagious.

Excellent, Paxi  ;D

Quote from: Manatee on Wed, 2009-08-26, 16:46:55
They all end up that way, but if there was one available, I'd give her a chance.   :'(

Interestingly, and fortunately for me, mine evaded Frankenstein  :)

Reminds me of the time that Elton John booked himself into a Hilton Hotel as Frank N. Stein. The receptionist was looking for him and hollered this name into the mike, bewildering all hotel guests. Only one guest was laughing quietly - guess who ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2009-08-24, 16:22:38
Good. Yesterday i found out that i have at least eight friends.  *horns* *horns* *horns*

Your mirror image, your shadow, your alter ego, your dog, the guy on the street who you give a few coins for his beer, me (cause I gotta be), Paxi (cause he laughs at all yer jokes) ... and who's the last one ?

;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Manatee

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2009-08-27, 14:13:40
Your mirror image, your shadow, your alter ego, your dog, the guy on the street who you give a few coins for his beer, me (cause I gotta be), Paxi (cause he laughs at all yer jokes) ... and who's the last one ?

;D

Nicky.

He can count me if he'll buy a round of Guinness.   ;D